Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Well, it's clearly LEGITIMATE. But it's also Not News because we always knew he was really good. 

So now that's two legitimate things?  And I'm going to be unable to do anything at work until the BIG news comes out.

I guess that means I'm 2Legit2Quit.

(I'll be here all week.)

Just now, futureman said:

if the “big news” is how far up the rankings our committed players have moved, well, I am just going to snap. 

1.) I'm now cheering for this to be the case

2.) Seriously, why would TFB and IT be the ones talking about rating changes? Those would be the last guys to have any news or insight on that shit.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sure it's just because we're in step 65 of their 99 step, 4 tiered normalization process for their rankings updates.

You do realize how many more hits their website gets by dragging this out over two or three days don't you?

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:
9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Great news. And aggy can't bitch about this because Whittington broke records left and right in the 6A state title game.

Whittington didn't play in the 6A state title game.

Which makes his record-setting day even that much more inarguable!

• Haha 1

Just now, Sabalo said:

You do realize how many more hits their website gets by dragging this out over two or three days don't you?

Yeah, man, I sort of work in an industry with similar principles. They could easily drag the informational release out over days and still not have shitty, inconsistent data dumps. Right now they're even changing shit that is a big deal and not even maximizing it over social media and other online platforms to really maximize traffic. But you keep telling me how original content and website traffic works in regards to impressions and clicks and other important metrics. 

Looks like they put Whittington at a 96 grade which moved him from #136 in the top247 to #59, jumping him to 34th in the composite. Idk how 34th in the composite gets him to 5 star.

smith went from 157 to 77 on 247, resulting in a 28 spot jump in composite to #49 overall. 

Warren went from 463 to 171 in 247, jumping him from 464 to 297 in composite.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Theres 3 possibles on the clemson roster, does Choice have any eligability left, or was he already a grad transfer? Their roster is unclear. Otherwise it could be feaster?

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Feaster?

Feaster Famine

His problem is consistency.

I'll go back to my box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Interesting that the 247 composite has 35 5-star players now. Apparently they know about some sort of NFL expansion coming in the next few years.

I was confused by this too. 247 in their own rankings only gives out 32 5 stars, but for the composite, it looks like a grade of .9833 is the 5 star cutoff based on the last few years, so the composite can have more or less than 32 5 stars.

i have no clue how or why they make .9833 the cutoff for the composite.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Interesting that the 247 composite has 35 5-star players now. Apparently they know about some sort of NFL expansion coming in the next few years.

That 32-player limit is only for 247Sports' own rankings. Looking at previous year composite rankings, the number varies (for example in 2012 there were 37 five-star prospects)

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I was confused by this too. 247 in their own rankings only gives out 32 5 stars, but for the composite, it looks like a grade of .9833 is the 5 star cutoff based on the last few years, so the composite can have more or less than 32 5 stars.

i have no clue how or why they make .9833 the cutoff for the composite.

They have to account for variability from other services. Rivals and ESPN are a lot more stingy with five-star ratings than 247Sports. So it can't be a set number for the composite.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We have the same number of 4/5*'s as aggy and less 3*'s.  All this with the "new coach bump" and coming off a 7-6 season.  

Bahahaha. aggy is gonna lose their shit even more than they already have over Owens. For most people, I would think they’d be out of shit to lose, but aggy is always full of shit.

Just now, satyanash said:

They have to account for variability from other services. Rivals and ESPN are a lot more stingy with five-star ratings than 247Sports. So it can't be a set number for the composite.

I mean, they could very easily just have the highest 32 rated guys in the composite be 5 stars. They don’t have to account for anything from other sites.