Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Recruit Reactions per EJ: 

Hide contents

RB Trey Sanders, IMG Academy (Fla.) — “Texas is just getting started. Shhh.”

RB Noah Cain, IMG Academy (Fla.) — "They're finally turning that corner. O-Line has gotten a lot better." 

RB Zachary Evans, North Shore (2020) — “Expect the unexpected. It’s a rivalry game for a reason.”

RB Mookie Cooper, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) (2020) — “They made a statement today. The win proved that Texas is most definable on a rise and getting back to how they used to be.”

WR Marcus Washington, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — “Texas is back. Fought through adversity and came out on top. That’s the end goal of every game.”

WR Jake Smith, Notre Dame Prep (AZ) — “We took care of business today and performed amazing. Offense looked unreal. Can’t wait to be in the burnt orange.”

WR Demariyon Houston, Millwood (Okla.) — “We’re getting it!”

TE Jared Wiley, Temple — “Big-time win in a big-time environment. Can’t wait to be a part of the family.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Another big win to keep the roll going in the Big 12. I don’t know if any conference team can hang.”

OL Reuben Fateree, Richmond Foster (2021) — "Huge win. Good game. The work in the trenches was impressive." 

DL Peter Mpagi, George Ranch — “OU sucks.”

DL T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — "I love it. All I got to say is Texas is on a mission." 

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “Texas is back.”

LB Caleb Johnson, Fullerton College — “Crazy. Can’t wait to visit next week.”

LB David Gbenda, Katy Cinco Ranch — “Hook Em. Change is here and on the way.”

LB Shammond Cooper, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — “You have to believe the hype now. Texas is back.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “Amazing win. It got tight, but we found a way to finish. I cannot wait to play in this game next year.”

ATH Jordan Whittington, Cuero — “I love The University of Texas, and they will get every ounce of my determination to help them win a national championship.”

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “That game was crazy. Really good win for Texas. Woke some people up.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I saw the highlights of game. It was a very good game.”

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (2020) — "The game was crazy. They were going back and forth and when it came to the end, (Cameron) Dicker kicked the field goal and made it."

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) —  "A lot of people doubted them. But don't worry about the media. We just play Texas ball and silence the crowd." 

Peter Mpagi's reaction is by far the best.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

RB Noah Cain, IMG Academy (Fla.) — "They're finally turning that corner. O-Line has gotten a lot better." 

RB Zachary Evans, North Shore (2020) — “Expect the unexpected. It’s a rivalry game for a reason.”

RB Mookie Cooper, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) (2020) — “They made a statement today. The win proved that Texas is most definable on a rise and getting back to how they used to be.”

WR Marcus Washington, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — “Texas is back. Fought through adversity and came out on top. That’s the end goal of every game.”

WR Jake Smith, Notre Dame Prep (AZ) — “We took care of business today and performed amazing. Offense looked unreal. Can’t wait to be in the burnt orange.”

TE Jared Wiley, Temple — “Big-time win in a big-time environment. Can’t wait to be a part of the family.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Another big win to keep the roll going in the Big 12. I don’t know if any conference team can hang.”

OL Reuben Fateree, Richmond Foster (2021) — "Huge win. Good game. The work in the trenches was impressive." 

DL T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — "I love it. All I got to say is Texas is on a mission." 

LB Shammond Cooper, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — “You have to believe the hype now. Texas is back.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “Amazing win. It got tight, but we found a way to finish. I cannot wait to play in this game next year.”

ATH Jordan Whittington, Cuero — “I love The University of Texas, and they will get every ounce of my determination to help them win a national championship.”

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “That game was crazy. Really good win for Texas. Woke some people up.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I saw the highlights of game. It was a very good game.”

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (2020) — "The game was crazy. They were going back and forth and when it came to the end, (Cameron) Dicker kicked the field goal and made it."

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) —  "A lot of people doubted them. But don't worry about the media. We just play Texas ball and silence the crowd." 

Smith, Mpagi, Whittington win the comments.

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Caleb Johnson visiting next week sounds good.

10 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

Fuck you Evans. Dude has gone straight negative towards UT out of nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Dude get off the gas '20 is a long way away

He's not wrong though. Evans has been dismissive in his comments regarding our performance this year. 

After the TCU game, he says he wants to see how we perform against a better defense like OU. (LOL)

Now that we had our way with OU's defense, he's dismissing it as just a crazy rivalry game.

Maybe that's just how he is, but his tone is definitely not a positive one.

• Like 1

You guys are getting sandy vaginas over the Evans comment. You have to be looking for negativity to get up in arms about that. Texas winning was, in fact, unexpected per the oddsmakers. Some of you fuckers wont be happy unless he’s basically singing The Eyes after wins.

It’s a post game sound bite 12-18 months before he’s going to commit somewhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

Just now, RichUT said:

You guys are getting sandy vaginas over the Evans comment. You have to be looking for negativity to get up in arms about that. Texas winning was, in fact, unexpected per the oddsmakers. Some of you fuckers wont be happy unless he’s basically singing The Eyes after wins.

It’s a post game sound bite 12-18 months before he’s going to commit somewhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

In a vacuum, it's not a big deal. Considering what he said after last week's win against TCU, it's noteworthy.

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Guy has been downplaying everything Texas has done and chose to watch aggy/KY instead of going to TX/OUsux.

It’s not too far a stretch to see the negativity in his comment.

Edited by Casual Encounter

Guy has been downplaying everything Texas has done and chose to watch aggy/KY instead of going to TX/OUsux.
It’s not too far a stretch to see the negativity in his comment.

We’ve underachieved for most of his formative years. All we can do is keep winning and hopefully it changes his mental model. If not, his loss.

32 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Fuck you Evans. Dude has gone straight negative towards UT out of nowhere. 

I know Sanders is supposedly locked in to Bama, but publicly he has been way more receptive to us than Evans.

It’s a continuation of OOS kids being more open to us than in-State, and there’s only one reason I can think of for that happening at this point.

Not freaking out about Evans, but you'd be an idiot if you have seen his recent comments about Texas and think they were anything but negative.  We've had 3 big wins this year and he's given us back handed compliments every time.  All the analysts have said that Evans, Demas, and Hornsby are close.  It's easy to figure out aggy has been negative recruiting us and handing those dudes money bags.  Like people said, he fucking chose to go to Kentucky/aggy over Texas/ou.  The good thing is that we get Ingram for 2.5 more years.  Keep recruiting Evans hard but you can tell he's looking for any reason to dismiss us even when we've won big games. 

Edited by victory88

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Not freaking out about Evans, but you'd be an idiot if you have seen his recent comments about Texas and think they were anything but negative.  We've had 3 big wins this year and he's given us back handed compliments every time.  All the analysts have said that Evans, Demas, and Hornsby are close.  It's easy to figure out aggy has been negative recruiting us and handing those dudes money bags.  Like people said, he fucking chose to go to Kentucky/aggy over Texas/ou.  The good thing is that we get Ingram for 2.5 more years.  Keep recruiting Evans hard but you can tell he's looking for any reason to dismiss us even when we've won big games. 

Seth McGowan may end up being an in-state option.

Sorry for 2020 thread derail.

EJ just had one of his recruiting chats after the game. Tunmise was hanging out in it, spamming Hook'em Emojis, whether you want to read into that or not, up to you. He's 2021. Back on 19 commits he said that our most likely next commit would be Marcus Washington. Sees Caleb Johnson flipping, and got a text from a source in Hawaii that said Tuitele was watching, and this win was big for him. Also think this win helps with Bragg. We'll see.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, dad said:

Assuming that LJH and CJ head to the NFL after this season, do we have any big body WR's to replace them? Just Eagles? That size mismatch has been so clutch in so many of our wins.

We got some guys in the slot to try and replace LJ. And Eagles for CJ... not exactly a 1 for 1 but we'll be ok i think.

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

EJ just had one of his recruiting chats after the game. Tunmise was hanging out in it, spamming Hook'em Emojis, whether you want to read into that or not, up to you. He's 2021. Back on 19 commits he said that our most likely next commit would be Marcus Washington. Sees Caleb Johnson flipping, and got a text from a source in Hawaii that said Tuitele was watching, and this win was big for him. Also think this win helps with Bragg. We'll see.

Kid got up at 6 AM to watch the game? Put him in the calculator.

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

eb2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1