Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

T'Vondre Sweat's senior highlights (first four weeks): https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8154802/5bb535d2420667112031fc75

Wow, he's big, quick, and violent.  This guy is the 2nd lowest rated recruit in our class?  Was he severely underrated his junior year or has he stepped his game up significantly?  Incredible evaluation by this staff.  Redshirt him and move him to NT if you can get him to 280-290lbs.  Has listed offers from the entire Big 12 and Bama, aggy, ole miss, arkansas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is one of the dumbest fuckfaces interloping on the recruiting landscape. We're talking about a landscape that includes EJ Holland, Chip Brown, Chet Ketchum, Taylor Gettin' 4 Figgy wit'it Hamm, Knobslobbing ATM Fanboi & Booster Billy Liucci, and James The Felon Hale, and yet Blanchard surpasses all of them in both stupidity and sleaziness. Attempting to decipher what this mouthbreathing assclown is thinking would require something far more explanatory than the Rosetta Stone. 

I think it's Max Emfinger.

He's the only one I know that could command that kid of money for recruiting info.  

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wow, he's big, quick, and violent.  This guy is the 2nd lowest rated recruit in our class?  Was he severely underrated his junior year or has he stepped his game up significantly?  Incredible evaluation by this staff.  Redshirt him and move him to NT if you can get him to 280-290lbs.  Has listed offers from the entire Big 12 and Bama, aggy, ole miss, arkansas.

Glad RoJo doesn't have to play him again. Woof. Was hoping to see more of him lined up against Garth.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

I think the only camp he did was Spring his Sophomore year and measured in at 6'3 249 lbs. (obviously much bigger now).  247 has him high 3* and # 51 in state.  ESPN has him # 86 in state.  Rivals doesn't even have him in top 75-100 in state.  The Rivals ranking is what has him low on composite.

Heard an interesting story from a UT student that every top recruit should think about when making their college decision.

A friend’s son just started at UT. He had a ton of friends go to A&M and OU, presumably because they couldn’t get into UT, although a few got conned by the aggy “college atmosphere” pitch and actually picked a&m.

Anyway, school has been in session for over a month and my friend’s son keeps getting bothered by friends from a&m and OU coming into Austin, every single weekend. He asks them why they don’t just do stuff in college station or Norman and they all say it’s so boring they can’t find anything interesting to do. Every weekend these guys are road tripping to Austin, and none of them are originally from Austin. They are from various parts of the state. It’s bugging my friend’s son big time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

He is projected for Omenihu's position, not NT.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Heard an interesting story from a UT student that every top recruit should think about when making their college decision.

A friend’s son just started at UT. He had a ton of friends go to A&M and OU, presumably because they couldn’t get into UT, although a few got conned by the aggy “college atmosphere” pitch and actually picked a&m.

Anyway, school has been in session for over a month and my friend’s son keeps getting bothered by friends from a&m and OU coming into Austin, every single weekend. He asks them why they don’t just do stuff in college station or Norman and they all say it’s so boring they can’t find anything interesting to do. Every weekend these guys are road tripping to Austin, and none of them are originally from Austin. They are from various parts of the state. It’s bugging my friend’s son big time.

Where's the interesting part? This shit is common knowledge

• Like 3

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

Isn’t that guy a handler in SE Texas?  I remember there was/is a handler down there that absolutely hates Texas.  Looks like he’s trying to copy Willie Lyles.  Have schools pay his company for recruiting subscription while he tries to sway kids their way.  It’s time Herman pulls a Mack and gets some yahoo investigators on it.

He's the dipshit who had orangebloods melting down when Strong pulled a Mack Brown commitment's offer (I think his name was Johnny Shaw). The kid wasnt even starting as a senior. Want a laugh? Look up the kids who were committed when Mack was forced to step down. But I digress.

He started a thread that Texas was blackballed from the golden triangle because they dropped that commit, which resulted in several area coaches having to get OBs subs to kill the rumor 

He was instrumental in getting Hudson to sign with Baylor 

This summer he supposedly tried like hell to get a recruiting analyst job with various schools in the region, and even apparently made some headway with TCU, but that fell though if the rumor is true 

Anyway, fuck that guy

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fud said:

He's the dipshit who had orangebloods melting down when Strong pulled a Mack Brown commitment's offer (I think his name was Johnny Shaw). The kid wasnt even starting as a senior. Want a laugh? Look up the kids who were committed when Mack was forced to step down. But I digress.

He started a thread that Texas was blackballed from the golden triangle because they dropped that commit, which resulted in several area coaches having to get OBs subs to kill the rumor 

He was instrumental in getting Hudson to sign with Baylor 

This summer he supposedly tried like hell to get a recruiting analyst job with various schools in the region, and even apparently made some headway with TCU, but that fell though if the rumor is true 

Anyway, fuck that guy

Keke Coute was committed to Texas under Mack I believe he plays for the Houston, Texans?

44 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Keke Coute was committed to Texas under Mack I believe he plays for the Houston, Texans?

Coutee was great as a WR and we had him as a DB

Alaka was can't miss but has been hurt

Johnny Shaw pulled a Cecil Cherry at La Tech: https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/on-the-sidelines/2015/08/28/3-star-safety-johnny-shaw-leaves-techs-program/71292508/

Bryce English has been a JAG at North Texas: https://meangreensports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=450

Aaron Garza did jackshit at Kansas: https://kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6423

Cameron Hampton did jackshit at (lol) Lamar: https://lamarcardinals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2768

Trey Lealaimatafao got kicked out of LSU

Beck, Bonney, Armanti, Hall and LoJoe were fine

Garrett Gray was a wasted scholarship

Terrell Cuney, Derrick Roberson (pre-injury) were JAGs

Roderick Bernard was hurt

D'Onta was fucking awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Coutee was great as a WR and we had him as a DB

Alaka was can't miss but has been hurt

Johnny Shaw pulled a Cecil Cherry at La Tech: https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/on-the-sidelines/2015/08/28/3-star-safety-johnny-shaw-leaves-techs-program/71292508/

Bryce English has been a JAG at North Texas: https://meangreensports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=450

Aaron Garza did jackshit at Kansas: https://kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6423

Cameron Hampton did jackshit at (lol) Lamar: https://lamarcardinals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2768

Trey Lealaimatafao got kicked out of LSU

Beck, Bonney, Armanti, Hall and LoJoe were fine

Garrett Gray was a wasted scholarship

Terrell Cuney, Derrick Roberson (pre-injury) were JAGs

Roderick Bernard was hurt

D'Onta was fucking awesome.

At the risk of opening old wounds, Mack got lazy at the end. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Man if there was one person I wasn't worried about this cycle, its Watson. Maybe he's looking at a crowded DB room? I'll avoid over reacting until one of the Texas  guys hears anything though.

It's far from crowded at CB. Safety perhaps, but not CB.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Demetric Warren put in a flip pick to Tennessee for Kenyatta Watson.....wtf

First, Warren is an OU piece of shit. Always. Fuck that guy at all times. 

Second, I would almost bet money that the stupid fucker meant to put it in for Aggy WR commit Kenyon Jackson who is Watson's teammate. Jackson seems the Grayson kid most likely wavering. Just a guess though. 

Also, fuck OU and fuck Demetric. 

• Like 1

The Grayson gang all visited UTjr last weekend. The only thing I'd be worried about is if Georgia decided they wanted Kenyatta and pushed for him hard. I'm aware that there's some bad blood between his dad and the Georgia staff, but Georgia gets who they want in-state nowadays. 

55 minutes ago, Fud said:

The Grayson gang all visited UTjr last weekend. The only thing I'd be worried about is if Georgia decided they wanted Kenyatta and pushed for him hard. I'm aware that there's some bad blood between his dad and the Georgia staff, but Georgia gets who they want in-state nowadays. 

You might want to take a look at the in-State rankings in Georgia.

19 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

You might want to take a look at the in-State rankings in Georgia.

You might want to look at this time last year when most of the top Georgia kids were committed elsewhere. Where did they end up?

Tennessee mod on Watson:

"I wouldn’t say he’s dropped on boards at all. I think some programs actually have been impressed by his film this season. He’s still just looking around. He was at Tennessee’s game against Florida a couple weeks ago, and I think there’s a good chance the Vols will get an official visit from him."