2019 Spring Game: April 13, 6:30 PM

Machinator

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Why bother to differentiate between DE and DT?  Aren't they all DL?

DEs and DTs can align in a variety of different ways.4i is inside eye on the OT.  Typical 4-3 DE aligns in either a 5 tech (outside shoulder of the OT) or 7 tech (outside the TE).

To be honest why differentiate between DL, LB, and DB? They're are all defensive players. Why not just call them defensive players or DPs? Hell, defensive players and offensive players don't need to be differentiated between either, they're all players after all. Let's just call them all players that way we don't need to complexify schemes to make people sounds clever with different names to accurately classify the roles they play. Now this (to be clear I mean NowThis's original argument, not your sarcastic rebuttal) may be the most regarded thing I've heard from a non-Phlegm/Swam person.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

I can't believe people take any stock in a spring game lol. 
Herman should just script the first 4 plays and throw hail Mary's for 80 yard td's and tell then CB to act like they are trying but let's excite the crowd. wait, no then surly would melt down about pass coverage and the defense sucks! Damn I didn't think about that. I'll get back to you guys on another way for the perfect Spring Game so we know for certain the upcoming season is a grand slam. 
Shhhhhh goddamnit. The first rule of sandbagging is you don't talk about sandbagging.

too much customization, which is a recent trend, the standards are being watered down too much.  I don't like Weakside LB either; keep it OLB MLB OLB. The 4i concept breaks the symmetrical definitions. 

Is this real life?

To be honest why differentiate between DL, LB, and DB? They're are all defensive players. Why not just call them defensive players or DPs? Hell, defensive players and offensive players don't need to be differentiated between either, they're all players after all. Let's just call them all players that way we don't need to complexify schemes to make people sounds clever with different names to accurately classify the roles they play. Now this (to be clear I mean NowThis's original argument, not your sarcastic rebuttal) may be the most regarded thing I've heard from a non-Phlegm/Swam person.
Your welcum.

e90dd407b077f2774246985aa13a09c8.gif5a6484ea3bfaa643ede1d06c797c6193.jpg

too much customization, which is a recent trend, the standards are being watered down too much.  I don't like Weakside LB either; keep it OLB MLB OLB. The 4i concept breaks the symmetrical definitions. 
Is this some type of low level troll that I don't get?
  • Like 1

Is this some type of low level troll that I don't get?
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NowThis said:

You sound like a fucking dipshit. I'm sorry that football has evolved from your preferred era of Leather Helmets. It sucks that the forward pass really has taken away a lot of the attention from just running the football. Guess you'll just have to make do with the replays shown on the Longhorn Network. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You sound like a fucking dipshit. I'm sorry that football has evolved from your preferred era of Leather Helmets. It sucks that the forward pass really has taken away a lot of the attention from just running the football. Guess you'll just have to make do with the replays shown on the Longhorn Network. 

I personally have been annoyed ever since they reduced the point value of field goals from 4 to 3 points. This game is supposed to be about kicking! That is why it is called football FFS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I really can’t tell if he’s trolling or actually doesn’t understand that DE and 4i aren’t identical terms.  Either way, it’s pretty damn hilarious.

Oh, and his request for OLB-MLB-OLB as if every team plays a standard 4-3 every down was pretty great too.

Edited by Burt Macklin

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

30 billion in endowment and I can't find more than 3 minutes of footage from the game.

Great job Longhorn media. 

Consider yourself lucky you didn't have to see more than 3 minutes. You missed a couple of good Thompson runs, some good coverage and a bunch of dropped balls. 1st team offense didn't even get a full Watson in the first half. 

41 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I really can’t tell if he’s trolling or actually doesn’t understand that DE and 4i aren’t identical terms.  Either way, it’s pretty damn hilarious.

Oh, and his request for OLB-MLB-OLB as if every team plays a standard 4-3 every down was pretty great too.

i find it hilarious to see that you think i believe every team plays a 4-3. lulz. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s not even what I said. Glad to see your reading comp is on the same level as your football knowledge. 

"as if every team plays a standard 4-3 every down"  your words.  lulz more. 

look guys, in the old days, the 4i was called a standup DE you dig? No reason to make up new positions, game is 11 on 11 and that won't change soon. 

Just now, NowThis said:

"as if every team plays a standard 4-3 every down"  your words.  lulz more. 

look guys, in the old days, the 4i was called a standup DE you dig? No reason to make up new positions, game is 11 on 11 and that won't change soon. 

Yeah, you asked for position names that only fit a 4-3. I never said you think every team runs a 4-3, which just goes to show how dumb your oroignal comment was.

Lol. You don’t even know what 4i means. That’s just great.

4i is not a standup DE. It’s actually more interior than a 4-3 DE and signifies the specific alignment of the DE. The reason you don’t like all these terms is becuase you don’t know what they mean. If you actually understood, you’d be ok with them becuase they add meaning to the description of the position. 

Becuase  you can’t figure something out, you shit on it as if it’s not helpful to anyone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, you asked for position names that only fit a 4-3. I never said you think every team runs a 4-3, which just goes to show how dumb your oroignal comment was.

Lol. You don’t even know what 4i means. That’s just great.

4i is not a standup DE. It’s actually more interior than a 4-3 DE and signifies the specific alignment of the DE. The reason you don’t like all these terms is becuase you don’t know what they mean. If you actually understood, you’d be ok with them becuase they add meaning to the description of the position. 

Becuase  you can’t figure something out, you shit on it as if it’s not helpful to anyone.

lol at your first line, your stupidity is immense. 

true, i had no idea what a 4i was, hence the question. My point is that all these gay ass terms are completely unnecessary.  DCs have been experimenting with various alignments since the beginning of time, but the definitions were standardized and should not be changed.  Let's rename every baseball position too while we're at it. 

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'm leaning towards this interpretation of the hill he's choosing to die on, because the alternative is just too ridiculous to accept. I'm wondering how much his head would explode if Jay Bateman were our DC, and every player on defense was responsible for knowing how to play all three levels of the defense.

11 minutes ago, NowThis said:

3,400 posts to cement your status before you start trolling? I've got to commend your patience, because no one could actually be this dumb, right?

On the off chance you're just a moron, read this and understand you're embodying it right now.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Differentiating between shooting and point guards is totally gay-ass. I liked it when they were all just BPs - basketball players." 

My favorite teams are ones that can switch without having big mismatches, like when Louisville had 6'8" guards such as Rodney McCray and those old UNLV teams.

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I personally have been annoyed ever since they reduced the point value of field goals from 4 to 3 points. This game is supposed to be about kicking! That is why it is called football FFS!

I wholeheartedly agree. That was annoying, no doubt about it. On the plus side, they only changed the points awarded and not the requirement for the ball to pass through the uprights. 

Think about the debasement of the "touchdown". 

First they made sure that errbody started calling the try, a touchdown. Then they changed the points to six, instead of five - which seems like real progress until you realize that they did that by stealing a point from the conversion, although they also manipulated journalists and fans alike to refer to it as an "extra" point. From being an integral part of it, we now have very little reason to use the word "foot" when discussing the Game. 

Eventually, the new, improved six-point "touchdown", was cheapened precipitously by removing from the required actions both "touch" and "down", leaving behind nothing but a broken plane.

Shame, shame. Shame.

Edited by Tex Long
Fucking Otto Korekt
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Why bother to differentiate between DE and DT?  Aren't they all DL?

DEs and DTs can align in a variety of different ways.4i is inside eye on the OT.  Typical 4-3 DE aligns in either a 5 tech (outside shoulder of the OT) or 7 tech (outside the TE).

Blasphemy.