~95K noncitizens registered to vote, ~58k voted in the last Texas election

Thetexashammer

8 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

“Corrected” = got caught in a lie, but please carry on. 

I'm gonna make this statement generically not merely to TPE.

You guys are posting over here because I made comments regarding the constant stream of media hoaxes that we are seeing from the MSM. In lieu of responding to the subject matter, the response is an ad hominem. The response boils down to "you made a mistake once so therefore nothing you post is true". Which makes no sense. It's like saying "But Brietbart" or "But NY Times". It's a profession of deliberate ignorance. It's embarrassing. How deranged do you have to be to think "This is a true piece of information but I'm not going to believe it because it came from MSNBC"? 

I appreciate the free rent guys. I really do. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You guys are posting over here because I made comments regarding the constant stream of media hoaxes that we are seeing from the MSM. In lieu of responding to the subject matter, the response is an ad hominem. The response boils down to "you made a mistake once so therefore nothing you post is true". Which makes no sense. It's like saying "But Brietbart" or "But NY Times". It's a profession of deliberate ignorance. It's embarrassing. How deranged do you have to be to think "This is a true piece of information but I'm not going to believe it because it came from MSNBC"? 

Reminds me of Trump. He says one presidential, non-crazy thing out of 1000 other lies/bullshit and the trumpers declare how great he is.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Dude is scheduled to lose his job, assuming the Ds show up to vote.  

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1132388714016051200?s=20

"You can't fire me! I quit!"

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/05/27/texas-secretary-state-david-whitley-forced-leave-office/

The Texas Senate gaveled out Monday without confirming the state’s top election official, who served for less than half a year and whose tenure was mired in controversy over a failed attempt to scour the voter rolls for noncitizens — a review that questioned the citizenship of thousands of legitimate voters.

But minutes before that happened, the Austin American-Statesman reported that Whitley had submitted his resignation. The secretary of state is constitutionally required to leave office immediately if the Senate goes through an entire legislative session without confirming him.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hey guys. Maybe we’re looking at this Texas hammer guy all wrong. I mean all he ever posts is right wing talking points he downloads straight from Fox News, RT, and infowars but ya know, maybe he and those sites are right after all and we should start to seriously and substantively engage him and stop all the ad hominem attacks?

Or maybe I should spend some time looking for the video of mr pinks reaction to another reservoir dog saying that waitresses work hard for their tips. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Hey guys. Maybe we’re looking at this Texas hammer guy all wrong. I mean all he ever posts is right wing talking points he downloads straight from Fox News, RT, and infowars but ya know, maybe he and those sites are right after all and we should start to seriously and substantively engage him and stop all the ad hominem attacks?

Or maybe I should spend some time looking for the video of mr pinks reaction to another reservoir dog saying that waitresses work hard for their tips. 

I have to ask, after all or your insults, after all the times you've stated I'm a troll, after 30+  negreps, do you think when people read your posts that your motivated to tell truth, or do you think they read your posts expecting personal animus?

I rarely insult people and I've never negged you.

14 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/05/27/texas-secretary-state-david-whitley-forced-leave-office/

The Texas Senate gaveled out Monday without confirming the state’s top election official, who served for less than half a year and whose tenure was mired in controversy over a failed attempt to scour the voter rolls for noncitizens — a review that questioned the citizenship of thousands of legitimate voters.

But minutes before that happened, the Austin American-Statesman reported that Whitley had submitted his resignation. The secretary of state is constitutionally required to leave office immediately if the Senate goes through an entire legislative session without confirming him.

Probably some crazy rule about receiving a benefit as long as you quit as opposed to be unconfirmed. Like $10k/month for the rest of your life or something similar.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Probably some crazy rule about receiving a benefit as long as you quit as opposed to be unconfirmed. Like $10k/month for the rest of your life or something similar.

Yeah.  There’s no off switch for the grift machine.  He’ll be just fine.  The Kobach route to something bigger. 

Resigning immediately before adjournment sine die allows Abbott to re-appoint him until the next session in 2021. Abbott can’t appoint someone whose nomination was rejected by the Senate and if the Senate adjourns without confirming the nomination, the appointee is deemed to have been rejected. Since the Senate never actually voted on his nomination and because his nomination was not still pending at adjournment, he was not technically rejected.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

Resigning immediately before adjournment sine die allows Abbott to re-appoint him until the next session in 2021. Abbott can’t appoint someone whose nomination was rejected by the Senate and if the Senate adjourns without confirming the nomination, the appointee is deemed to have been rejected. Since the Senate never actually voted on his nomination and because his nomination was not still pending at adjournment, he was not technically rejected.

You heard about Abbott doing this? It sounds like something he'd do, but I haven't seen or heard anything.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

This would seem to go beyond the spirit of a law/rule but rather a violation.  Why worry about confirming nominees if they can exist perpetually in an acting capacity with the exception of a couple of days during a resignation.

Abbott doesn't even have the ability to whine about an obstructionist legislature body as I don't think the leadership (Abbott's own party) put up the nomination for a vote.  Unless this guy has something on Abbott, I can't see why Abbott would continue to keep him around.

12 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

The Senate confirms.

I know,  and I forgot what it was, but he pissed Bonnen off, and i remember somebody saying it would come back to bite him.  

Edit: could have been a part of the voter numbers fiasco, but somebody pointed out that Bonnen was buddies with a couple of Senators who would sink him for whatever it was.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know,  and I forgot what it was, but he pissed Bonnen off, and i remember somebody saying it would come back to bite him.  

Edit: could have been a part of the voter numbers fiasco, but somebody pointed out that Bonnen was buddies with a couple of Senators who would sink him for whatever it was.  

That was Goeb getting his panties in a wad over Seliger (who didn't have a single bill of his hit the floor - if I heard correctly).

At least, I think that's what you were thinking of.

21 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

That was Goeb getting his panties in a wad over Seliger (who didn't have a single bill of his hit the floor - if I heard correctly).

At least, I think that's what you were thinking of.

That was probably it, and I may have mixed stories, but it sounded like Bonnen was pissed and would call in favors.   He caught Bonnen and the others off guard with the voter fiasco at a time where Bonnen is trying to keep the state GOP from infighting and losing seats at all levels next year   

They don’t have the margins in the House and Senate for the SOS to be playing these stupid fucking games (and the Dems may have been enough to sink him straight-up without any Rs working against him), especially if a bad showing by Trump could toss multiple seats over to the Ds.  

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What will Abbott do?

Think...."what would a dick do?"  Then you've got your answer.

Abbott understands the Chinese proverb “When the wheel of change rolls, some people build curbs, others build ramps.”

Whitley gave the Dems plenty of what they need to motivate a lot of people to get out next year and vote.  And that’s before we get more fallout from Trump’s shenanigans and trade wars (if China fucks us with rare earth exports, our high-tech companies could take a huge hit).  

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That was probably it, and I may have mixed stories, but it sounded like Bonnen was pissed and would call in favors.   He caught Bonnen and the others off guard with the voter fiasco at a time where Bonnen is trying to keep the state GOP from infighting and losing seats at all levels next year   

They don’t have the margins in the House and Senate for the SOS to be playing these stupid fucking games (and the Dems may have been enough to sink him straight-up without any Rs working against him), especially if a bad showing by Trump could toss multiple seats over to the Ds.  

GOD DAMNIT PETE GALLEGO YOU BASTARD.

Cross posting 

Remember that story from a few months ago about the Great Immigrant Voter Hunt in Texas? Today brings a smidgen of good news on that front:

Texas’s acting secretary of state, David Whitley (R), resigned Monday just months after leading the botched voter purge of nearly 100,000 suspected noncitizens that erroneously also targeted U.S. citizens, efforts that drew rebukes from a federal judge and numerous voter rights groups.

Whitley didn’t actually “resign.” The Texas legislature refused to confirm his appointment, so he had to go. It’s a small thing, I suppose, but it’s nice to occasionally see someone get what they deserve these days.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cross posting 

Remember that story from a few months ago about the Great Immigrant Voter Hunt in Texas? Today brings a smidgen of good news on that front:

Texas’s acting secretary of state, David Whitley (R), resigned Monday just months after leading the botched voter purge of nearly 100,000 suspected noncitizens that erroneously also targeted U.S. citizens, efforts that drew rebukes from a federal judge and numerous voter rights groups.

Whitley didn’t actually “resign.” The Texas legislature refused to confirm his appointment, so he had to go. It’s a small thing, I suppose, but it’s nice to occasionally see someone get what they deserve these days.

you are literally on the site 24 hours a day.  what do you think we've been talking about the last 20 posts?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whitley didn’t actually “resign.” The Texas legislature refused to confirm his appointment, so he had to go.

Do you read the threads you respond to? Even a low traffic one like this?

He resigned minutes before he was going to be kicked out.

21 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I have to ask, after all or your insults, after all the times you've stated I'm a troll, after 30+  negreps, do you think when people read your posts that your motivated to tell truth, or do you think they read your posts expecting personal animus?

I rarely insult people and I've never negged you.

Frankly, my Texas Hammer, I don’t give a damn. 

Thanks for not negging me, although I bet some of your socks have.

But that’s ok. I have no personal aminosity toward you and don’t care if people think I do. I view you as a troll on this board, as someone not attempting to engage in serious discussion but to merely parrot out some right wing talking points (usually total bullshit), so I respond with a whole lot of bullshit directed at you in kind.

If the people on this board view that positively or negatively, I can’t control that. And I doubt you really take any offense at all, despite your crocodile tears in this post. 

So toughen up Hammy! You know what dad got you for Christmas this year? A whole carton of cigarettes! So smoke up Hammy!

Edited by JimmyJames

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Frankly, my Texas Hammer, I don’t give a damn. 

Thanks for not negging me, although I bet some of your socks have.

But that’s ok. I have no personal aminosity toward you and don’t care if people think I do. I view you as a troll on this board, as someone not attempting to engage in serious discussion but to merely parrot out some right wing talking points (usually total bullshit), so I respond with a whole lot of bullshit directed at you in kind.

If the people on this board view that positively or negatively, I can’t control that. And I doubt you really take any offense at all, despite your crocodile tears in this post. 

So toughen up Hammy! You know what dad got you for Christmas this year? A whole carton of cigarettes! So smoke up Hammy!

Be careful now. He stands TOUGH and carries a big, BIG HAMMER!

He's "The Texas Hammer" stuffed in a box of other HAMMERS!!!

• Like 2