Texas vs. kanssas - ESPN at 6:00pm

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’ll be favored, but it seems like you guys play to the competition somewhat.  We do too.  This game will be closer than you think, and winnable.

Any time Kansas plays hot potato with the Big 12 lead, we toss it right back.

No way this Texas basketball team should beat Cyclones in Ames...

"Nope".... like Beyonce says

Edited by LTtxfan

16 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

hey i have a great idea let's put the ball in Roach's hands in late game situations. 

I know Rick signed him, but Kerwin is lucky he never played for Barnes. Barnes literally would've killed him. I swear Kerwin is good for at least 1 turnover in the closing minutes of a closely contested  game. He does it every fucking game down the stretch. I'm not even kidding. If you can stomach it go back and watch our games from last year and count how many Kerwin Roach specials we had during the waning minutes. Literally every close game down the stretch comes fully equipped with a Kerwin Roach turnover with anything under 4 minutes to go. I swear he had like 3 against Duke last year. Had multiple against Georgia, Tech, Okla St, TCU, even against UNC he had one as well.  He absolutely shouldn't handle the ball in the closing minutes of any close game ever. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It must suck ass to go to a school that only has one sport, is located in the middle of nowhere in a shit state, is worse than U of H academically, and to top all that, loses to this shitty Texas team “coached” by a guy with both feet out the door

fuck you kansas and fuck you refs

Kansas was by far and away the worst state I have ever been to. I have no idea why anyone would want to college there (other than the program’s prestige), especially elite basketball players who can play anywhere

25 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It must suck ass to go to a school that only has one sport, is located in the middle of nowhere in a shit state, is worse than U of H academically, and to top all that, loses to this shitty Texas team “coached” by a guy with both feet out the door

fuck you kansas and fuck you refs

Fuck Kansas 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

No way this Texas basketball team should beat Cyclones in Ames...

"Nope".... like Beyonce says

You shouldn’t win, but we play to our competition, and have a history of choking away opportunities to climb the ladder.

I think we’re a better team, but have fairly low confidence in a convincing win.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Kansas was by far and away the worst state I have ever been to. I have no idea why anyone would want to college there (other than the program’s prestige), especially elite basketball players who can play anywhere

This is a really stupid take when places like Oklahoma, Delaware, and Mississippi exist.

Hell, even Nebraska is basically just a worse and more boring version of Kansas.

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This is a really stupid take when places like Oklahoma, Delaware, and Mississippi exist.

Hell, even Nebraska is basically just a worse and more boring version of Kansas.

I have been to OK, DE, NE and MS. Omaha and OKC are nothing special but can get at least a decent meal. None of those states were as bad as Kansas. It was the most depressing place I have ever been to. 

19 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Good win but never seen KU play us so bad.

We beat the absolute snot out of them in 2006 with PJ Tucker, Aldridge, and crew. 

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well, we shot >35% from 3 and >90% from the stripe. No matter how shitty an offensive coach Shaka is, there are several losses that would be wins if we shot like that.

The offense from an efficiency standpoint hasn't been that bad. I think we lose close games because of our inept rebounding and lack of steals. We need more possessions. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The offense from an efficiency standpoint hasn't been that bad. I think we lose close games because of our inept rebounding and lack of steals. We need more possessions. 

Our offensive rebounding was much better in the 1st half this game--probably because Hayes was able to physically dominate Lightfoot.

And we did a better job closing out the defensive boards for most of the game, it felt like. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Kansas City an amazing city. I think you should take back the Kansas as the worst state comment when there is Oklahoma..at least. 

KC MO is where most of the cool stuff is and if I'm not mistaken the majority of the city.  KC KS is boring with nothing but flat land and chain restaurants.

31 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I will say that it’s funny because my girlfriend kept asking if I wanted the game on to check the score and this was the first game in a long time I said “no we have to be getting spanked”. Then I check the score and have a good laugh. I hate this team.

Quality girlfriend...... Props!!!!

43 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

KC MO is where most of the cool stuff is and if I'm not mistaken the majority of the city.  KC KS is boring with nothing but flat land and chain restaurants.

Exactly. The MO part is the good part. There is nothing good in Kansas

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Kansas is terrible as a state and Topeka is the worst city I've ever been to. It's flat, it's isolated, it's hot and muggy and awful in the summer, and biting prairie cold in the winter. There's nothing to do (maybe meth) and the women are pasty and bland. It sucks. 

This guy gets it. Be there for a few days and you’ll understand how meth and opioid addiction epidemics are more prevalent there 

15 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

And we were outrebounded by 14 boards against a team that only missed 16 FGs. They literally beat us to their own missed shots 9-7.

Solid assessment. My point is that we won’t win by getting more shots unless we also continue to do the rest of it. Saturday we didn’t guard anyone or hit the boards. That was a really ordinary UGA squad, but they mudholed us.

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm glad for the team and the players.  I just don't want to be mired in "barely missing tourney or making and getting bounced in the 1st round" purgatory.  and that is exactly where we are with Shaka.  we deserve better and we pay for better.

I'd rather make the tourney than not make it. We'll deal with the after effects later. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'd rather make the tourney than not make it. We'll deal with the after effects later. 

well of course.  there is always the chance you can upset someone in the 1st round and then see some upsets happen in front of you for a run.  I think there are more than a few coaches out there that can do at least what Shaka is doing and I don't see any upside anymore.