If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Gordo doesn't have much of a book right? Other than Canes what ads does he read?

Seems the same for Miller. Jub seems to have the most out of the morning show. 

He has or had a car company and had airstream for a while. But every segment he does has 2 sponsors. Jr and George have D&M but I can't think of another long term read he does. But I usually try and tune out Jr plus I can only listen on the app so I'm not sure what I get that plays locally. I've noticed several commercials that don't air anymore that I'm sure still air locally. 

Nick Namath probably has the biggest ad buy on the station next to all pro right now. That fucker is in every single break. 

All of these guys departing are smart and talented, and will be just fine in their next endeavors, whether in radio or business. There comes a time when you look in the mirror and decide whether to stay the course eating shit or you make a change. None were fired, all chose to wake up and sober up their radio addiction. It’s like being an artist or musician or writer. At some point if you haven’t made it a paying vocation it’s time to find a different job. I have musician friends in Memphis in their 60’s playing for peanuts, making like $18k a year even though they are playing 5-6 nights a week. They are addicted to the stage, the night life, the audience.

Hate seeing Sirois leave but it’s going to be good for him to move on. Maybe he’ll land a PD gig at another station, or do something else. Same for Danny.

I’m not a Norm fan but I am just telling you the cold hard facts of why he’s still there and will be as long as he can talk. He’s likely a degenerate gambler and probably goes thru his cash like a drunk sailor.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

All of these guys departing are smart and talented, and will be just fine in their next endeavors, whether in radio or business. There comes a time when you look in the mirror and decide whether to stay the course eating shit or you make a change. None were fired, all chose to wake up and sober up their radio addiction. It’s like being an artist or musician or writer. At some point if you haven’t made it a paying vocation it’s time to find a different job. I have musician friends in Memphis in their 60’s playing for peanuts, making like $18k a year even though they are playing 5-6 nights a week. They are addicted to the stage, the night life, the audience.

Hate seeing Sirois leave but it’s going to be good for him to move on. Maybe he’ll land a PD gig at another station, or do something else. Same for Danny.

I’m not a Norm fan but I am just telling you the cold hard facts of why he’s still there and will be as long as he can talk. He’s likely a degenerate gambler and probably goes thru his cash like a drunk sailor.

No one has really moved up in the history of the ticket. Gordo snuck his way into the muesers because he was too great not to. If greggo could control his blow habit corby would still be a yuck monkey or selling insurance in Lake highlands. Jake is the only cat that worked his way up and that was only because we got the Irish exit from rhynes. I guess donnovan did it too... but who wants to work with norm. 

Almost every single tier 1 has been there since the start of this century. The ticket just doesn't allow for up or out. That is part of its greatness. But it's also why their farm system is empty. Why put in the work if there is no payoff?  Mike and dingu tried,  but it didn't work out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Any business that pays Norm a tremendous amount of money deserves to fail. I’d much rather have Jake and 95% of businesses would agree.  Now maybe Norm has a going rate that 5% of sponsors would pay for and as a result, the sales team holds firm on that. But they’re idiotic businesses, and I don’t really care if you’re right about this point. 

maybe you aren't the target demo for people who are advertising with norm?

On 6/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Sirius and Danny chose this life. The grim realities of media life were there when they got into it. I worked in radio and newspapers in high school and college, and loved everything about it; it’s addicting. I also was heavily in the music business at the time, another financial disaster to be part of.

Except it’s hard to make a living at it. Always has been. It’s why I decided to do something else. The old fuckers I worked with were living in shitty parts of town, were are multi divorced, and were day drinkers. They made jack shit. The sales guys were driving Cadillacs, but being a newspaperman looked like a grim future.

There’s no need or precedent of T1 talent giving up money to share with those below. They paid their dues. That doesn’t happen in other jobs. Movie stars make big money, ingenues and crew nothing. Dak makes $40m. Others get cut. Same in your job.

It’s show BUSINESS. Better have a side gig. The Ticket is never going to be what it was. My grandfather believed Harold Taft was the only weatherman that could be trusted. It all ends eventually if the business model isn’t sustainable.

I had the exact same experience. Mrs. and I both in media after school: me print, her on TV. I think I made maybe $20K and she might have made $18K. I looked around the newsroom and realized everyone was a smoker-alcoholic with at least a couple divorces. Saw the same grim future as you and pulled the ripcord.

I used to be a P1 and listened to the devil suit and Lambeau arrest live, but checked out a few years ago. Corby is insufferable, and the Musers have become so confidently stupid could take it anymore. Had no idea Sirois or Danny left.

I get that people like Todd, but his phony sincerity always rubbed me the wrong way ... but it is a talent to do the Sirois interview and pretend he's not the problem while feigning empathy. Just like some pro athletes do, all of those guys could walk in and agree to a 10-20% pay cut (and still be millionaires) and help out the others, but they never will put their money where their fake empathy is.

• Like 1

Please explain this. I don’t understand it.

I’m no Twitch expert but I’ve watched a few of Sirois’. Apparently there is a feature called Raid where you can send all your streamers to someone else’s stream. When he was about to sign off he sent his 500+ streamers to some hot Canadian girl’s stream where she was baking something. She freaked out seeing her streamer count go from 50 to 550 instantaneously. All of Sirois’ streamers started using Ticket schtick in the chat and she was a good sport and read them all. Read the entire My Pig story, read the chick pea/garbanzo bean joke. Said she hadn’t heard of the gay caveman, had never seen a guy with a fake head etc. Didn’t take long before some people found her Onlyfans account and very NSFW Twitter account. Gordo was on because he’s trying to learn from Sirois hot to Twitch and he was trying to get her to say drops too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Here is a link to Sirois' stream, it ends right when the raid begins....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1497653637

Here's a link to the Canadian baker's stream, the raid starts at  54:37...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1497685592

And here is  her very NSFW Twitter account name is @TatumAlland, didn't want to link it here.

• Hook 'Em 2

on the Ticket Reddit page, there's a post from a newer P1 asking about Gordo's personal life and why he never shares stuff even though all the other hosts seemingly do, especially given how he loves to pry into other people's business but never talks about his own.

somebody posted a link to the Unticket that has this segment where Gordo discussed proposing to his wife in NYC on the Hardline.  it's Mike and Greggo with Followill doing Tickers and Jeff Catlin as producer.  i'd never heard this before (this was before i became a P1).  it's fucking gold.  and it shows that Gordo used to be more open about stuff.

https://www.theunticket.com/gordon-keith-pops-the-question/

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

on the Ticket Reddit page, there's a post from a newer P1 asking about Gordo's personal life and why he never shares stuff even though all the other hosts seemingly do, especially given how he loves to pry into other people's business but never talks about his own.

somebody posted a link to the Unticket that has this segment where Gordo discussed proposing to his wife in NYC on the Hardline.  it's Mike and Greggo with Followill doing Tickers and Jeff Catlin as producer.  i'd never heard this before (this was before i became a P1).  it's fucking gold.  and it shows that Gordo used to be more open about stuff.

https://www.theunticket.com/gordon-keith-pops-the-question/

Wow. That is before I started listening and had never heard that either. Thanks for posting. 

Sirois was already pointing out some stuff that made it seem like Cat and/or Bennett just didn't like him for some reason. One being the ticket host bracket challenge they were hyping up then when it was clear Sirois was winning it they just shut it down. 

I like Davey but if they bring him as host instead of Sirois that seals it. 

15 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

If that’s really what’s happening I would be pissed that Davey got it over Chael. And I can’t imagine Bob would be happy with that.

EDIT: Well, F me. Didn't read the blurb. Figured he'd be just getting a glorified producer of Hard Line gig. Seems like Sirois could've filled that role and I love Dave Lane.

Edited by C-Man

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think Davey would be great on the HL. He'd be a great Yuck Monkey/ENews/Community Quick Hit person. I thought he had a real job though. Maybe he could use some baseball. 

he's got that Stabler money now.

if this is true, i bet Gen X Davey took a lowball offer to get back on the radio full time.  i don't think he needs a big salary now that he's married to someone with some money.  Sirois probably couldn't take a lowball offer to move to yuk monkey from 3 to 7.  he needs full-time host money to make it work.  like Sirois said, he worked with his brother in the afternoon to make ends meet.  couldn't do that if he was working 3 to 7 for a small pay raise.

i like Davey. glad he's back.  but his relationship with Corby is like Danny's.  it's gonna go back to being awkward.  Sirois would definitely have been the better fit there.

• Like 1

Anyone else pay for the ad free segments on Overcast? I pay 10 bucks a month for the OMG segments, I've always hoped that kind of thing would buoy the station but maybe its doing the opposite by showing which shows/segments actually drive non ad related revenue?

The idea of the Ticket starting to circle the drain has officially depressed me at least until lunch. Its such a strange phenomenon and its not easily explained why they have this loyal following. The musers are starting to lose their fastball and I think Ive just been in denial. It seems to me Gordo is interested in discussing deeper topics and wading into politics, and I actually think he can connect with an audience there. It's just not why I listen. My job and my life are plenty complicated and serious, I go to the ticket for an escape from all of that. But I think thats Gordo's whole point when he says entertainers get pigeon holed, they have these creative minds that want to explore new things but their audience just yells for more fake jerry and breast feeding bits.  

Anyone else pay for the ad free segments on Overcast? I pay 10 bucks a month for the OMG segments, I've always hoped that kind of thing would buoy the station but maybe its doing the opposite by showing which shows/segments actually drive non ad related revenue?
The idea of the Ticket starting to circle the drain has officially depressed me at least until lunch. Its such a strange phenomenon and its not easily explained why they have this loyal following. The musers are starting to lose their fastball and I think Ive just been in denial. It seems to me Gordo is interested in discussing deeper topics and wading into politics, and I actually think he can connect with an audience there. It's just not why I listen. My job and my life are plenty complicated and serious, I go to the ticket for an escape from all of that. But I think thats Gordo's whole point when he says entertainers get pigeon holed, they have these creative minds that want to explore new things but their audience just yells for more fake jerry and breast feeding bits.  

I would love to see Gordo with his own show away from sports to let him talk politics, family, Oswald, etc. I really thought he was going to break out and go national when he had a Saturday night TV show for a while a few years back. He’s got the talent but I just think he got comfortable making a great living doing a radio show. I’d give him Norm’s shift but that’s too much work for anyone.

Move Norm to 12-2. Move Dan and Jake to 2-7 with Sturm and send Corby down the road. Some of you hate Norm; I hate Corby with a passion. Norm is kept because advertisers live him and pay his higher rates. I think Corby is kept because he spends his pre show time knobsucking all the the Cumulus muckmucks.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

maybe the tweet @nolongerU2horn posted is correct.  based on Corby's post saying "let's get the band together," i'm guessing all of the tier 1 hosts are gonna be participating in the announcement since all shows would be impacted if that tweet is right.

Yep, they've mentioned it's an all hands on deck announcement

• Hook 'Em 1