If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

7 hours ago, TexPx said:

Stopped by Normathon on the way to the Liquor Store. Had a brisket Sammie from Earnest B’s BBQ. Did not disappoint.
8f35c896aaa024d48737e415814fe24e.jpg
d47d9b10620ce1bbf1f7e3db19b841c0.jpg

Got damn that just looks fucking sad all the way around. Nobody there but some dork asses, and Norm's boring ass couldn't even keep them from all staring into their phones. 

Then the sandwich looks like something Dickeys might not even be proud of

• Like 2

Got damn that just looks fucking sad all the way around. Nobody there but some dork asses, and Norm's boring ass couldn't even keep them from all staring into their phones. 
Then the sandwich looks like something Dickeys might not even be proud of

You are wrong about the sandwich.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Oak Cliff Con Man's vanity project is going great. Really helping generate even more interest in the Ticket. According to Welpton, this includes the Greggo reunion and White Elephant Day. Every Ticket show rose Nov-Dec. And that Musers number. 

December ratings:

a0zv2y9f3n8a1.png?width=1408&format=png&

Edited by mdmost

MAN, that's a lot of fat guys in one pic

There were plenty of Chris Chris bros in the back amongst the Whataburger paraphernalia, along with smartly dressed Infinity salesmen. All apparently trying to keep up with their Cross Fit regiments during the Holidays.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

The Oak Cliff Con Man's vanity project is going great. Really helping generate even more interest in the Ticket. According to Welpton, this includes the Greggo reunion and White Elephant Day. Every Ticket show rose Nov-Dec. And that Musers number. 

December ratings:

got damn that Musers number.

And the Ticket is the Overall #1 radio station in DFW 6a-7p M25-54

45 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

hangzone doing better numbers than the hardline.  thats pretty telling.

I’m not sure it is telling. The difference is negligible and was better for HL in October.  I don’t know what drive time competition HL goes up against. I just know it’s not The Freak.  I do think it’s indicative that the HZ has a really good product that drives listeners to listen at odd times, and they do, and dominant their competition. That’s about all it tells me - not an anti-HL referendum. 

ok.  drive time should be pulling a bigger number than sweet clean noon to three every month.  it tells me that people go out of their way to listen to the hang zone and there is a pretty decent number of people not listening to the hardline in drive time.  i bet if you look at it over the past few years, the old hardline would be pulling a muser like number and bob and dan were not sniffing the same number.

8 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

ok.  drive time should be pulling a bigger number than sweet clean noon to three every month.  it tells me that people go out of their way to listen to the hang zone and there is a pretty decent number of people not listening to the hardline in drive time.  i bet if you look at it over the past few years, the old hardline would be pulling a muser like number and bob and dan were not sniffing the same number.

It's weird. The old Hardline pulled way better numbers, the main guy from that show has a show on another station now, but according to the ratings he's not the one taking those listeners. 

The horrific traffic in DFW from 5 to 7 tells me it isn't a lack of people driving. Maybe the survey ratings are screwing it up somewhere and not as accurate as we think? Or did people just bail to internet based entertainment. 

16 minutes ago, RPM said:

The Ticket has a 25 year head start. Look at the year one ratings. Sure Rhyner, Sirois & Co dragged a base audience from there. But it's year one. Changes will happen. When is Dan's contract up?

You're wishing for something to happen. Dan isn't leaving the Ticket for something that might not make Valentine's Day given how top heavy the salaries are for what little they're pulling in. Yeah, IHeart has money but they took a risk and it's failing badly. They drove off listeners from a steady thing.

There's a huge difference in year 1 of the Ticket in 1994 when there was no sports talk radio competition except for Norm in the morning or Galloway at night and not a ton of listening options. Now with Spotify, podcasts, and other media, format changes don't seem that impactful. If Rhyner wasn't hitting the ground running with an impressive share from the get go then it's not happening for him. Yeah, he syphoned off a sliver but it's not like people are just going to start clamouring for his show, especially during a decent Cowboys run. 

Could the Musers leave? I guess. Will they or why would they? Cumulus has shown they will pay up for them. Maybe Dan and Jake make a jump but Jake doesn't seem interested in doing the type of radio The Freak is failing at. I absolutely hope they use the Freak, much like the Texas OC position does for other team's OCs, to earn more money for themselves. 

Edited by mdmost

I would say they're loyal to each other and what they built. There's a reason the Ticket hasn't had any defections since 2000. If you're Dan and you struggled in the early part of your career to get to a top 5 market, you really want to leave a 20 year position for an upstart that is failing badly? It would almost be smarter to go to the Fan instead than Spite FM. 

Edited by mdmost

Lol at the notion of Dan leaving. Rhyner won’t clear Christmas and maybe not Valentine’s Day. I hope Sirois can honestly go and work with his brother, and Danny and Grubes are self sustained. Any avenue for Julie to be on the air that closes is a very good thing. 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:45 PM, XForce said:

the Freak eff’d up not working another week while the Ticket went drydock. Bad decision coach. Also the app SUCKS.
I like the Downbeat but I don’t see the Freak making Christmas ‘23.

They don't have enough talent for a full station but I do agree about the downbeat. It's hit it's stride and has been better than anything that doesn't directly involve Gordo or Dan. It blows the hardline out of the water.

They should just go back to the Eagle and play rock music except for 3-7 when they have the downbeat. It's the only show they need. The others are just trash

• Hook 'Em 1

Dallas/Fort Worth

96.7 1310 The Ticket KTCK Dallas Cowboys

iHeartMedia AC “Star 102.1” KDGE rises 4.0 to 7.1 (down from its 8.8 in December 2021). iHeartMedia Classic Rock “Lonestar 92.5” KZPS holds at a 6.5 share. Cumulus Media Sports “96.7 The Ticket” 1310 KTCK/96.7 KTCK-FM rises 4.2 to 5.1 for what Ratings Expert Chris Huff notes is the largest share credited to 1310 since 1968 when it was WRR. Audacy Classic Hits 98.7 KLUV inches up 4.9 to 5.0. Service Broadcasting Adult R&B “105.7 Smooth R&B” KRNB (4.7 to 4.3) and iHeartMedia CHR “106.1 Kiss-FM” KHKS (steady at 4.3) tie for fifth.

Cumulus Media News/Talk 820 WBAP falls 4.5 to 3.3. iHeartMedia’s newly launched Hot Talk “97.1 The Freak” KEGL rises 1.0 to 1.3.