Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is your most hypocritical take yet and that's saying something. Posting in non-CR boards is hiding out? Pretty sure hiding out is what y'all do in the CR: attacking anyone with a conservative viewpoint and calling anyone that doesn't champion the SJW narrative a racist moron. 

The boards outside of politics are where issues are actually discussed with multiple perspectives and reasoning on both sides. Obviously there's a lot of bullshit outside the CR, and there are some decent threads within the CR, but by and large this is kind of how this site operates. 

I'm being dead serious and not flippant (I admit I vacillate back and forth here). I genuinely cannot figure out - assume it is a mix among posters - if this is a function of:

1. Actual lack of self-awareness / low-EQ

2. Intentional deception

3. Lack of intellectual capacity to glean the difference

But that's the playbook:

1. Attack the poster

2. Attack the post

3. Attack the poster for calling out being attacked

It does not take a genius to glean:

1. This clearly (and shockingly) is a news story and not political except for those fringe fringe wingnuts who live in a completely Bizarro World

2. Even if it contains some political elements, it is hardly inconsistent with myriad threads (here is an example for some of you)

Again, all part of the playbook to distract avoid discussing the actual issue(s).

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm being dead serious and not flippant (I admit I vacillate back and forth here). I genuinely cannot figure out - assume it is a mix among posters - if this is a function of:

1. Actual lack of self-awareness / low-EQ

2. Intentional deception

3. Lack of intellectual capacity to glean the difference

But that's the playbook:

1. Attack the poster

2. Attack the post

3. Attack the poster for calling out being attacked

It does not take a genius to glean:

1. This clearly (and shockingly) is a news story and not political except for those fringe fringe wingnuts who live in a completely Bizarro World

2. Even if it contains some political elements, it is hardly inconsistent with myriad threads (here is an example for some of you)

Again, all part of the playbook to distract avoid discussing the actual issue(s).

It's purposeful, intentional deception.  DD and Hugo account for almost 10% of the posts in the CR.  I believe they are paid posters and as DDD pointed out, probably multiple people posting from the same account. Their job is to sow discord and highlight issues that are divisive.  Not unlike your thread here, btw. Don't think it is a left v. right deal either.  Strict purpose just to get people to fight.  AKA what the Russians were attempting to do in 2016 and continue to try and do.  

You can even see it now inside the 2020 Democrat nominee threads.  Hugo is triggering Bad Teammate constantly about Bernie.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

It's purposeful, intentional deception.  DD and Hugo account for almost 10% of the posts in the CR.  I believe they are paid posters and as DDD pointed out, probably multiple people posting from the same account. Their job is to sow discord and highlight issues that are divisive.  Not unlike your thread here, btw. Don't think it is a left v. right deal either.  Strict purpose just to get people to fight.  AKA what the Russians were attempting to do in 2016 and continue to try and do.  

You can even see it now inside the 2020 Democrat nominee threads.  Hugo is triggering Bad Teammate constantly about Bernie.  

I feel so used and dirty now.....

4 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Seems reasonable. As I previously noted, I am confident DD posts on another board under another name. IIRC, he's a white lawyer from Dallas. He was called out for plagiarizing a letter to the editor, but I suspect he was the original author of both. 

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

You guys don't like the cloak room because the mean ol' libs gang up on you.

Doesn't happen very often but I am occasionally mean to myself and punish myself by lurking in the political board.  There is no reason to participate in there since many of the posters, and we all know who I'm talking about, live in a contrived world and there is no sense arguing with someone who lives on their own make-believe planet.

• Like 1

I am glad this story is unraveling on this piece of shit. Fuck him. But of course if you spoke out on the story being fake from the start, you were labeled a heartless, insensitive racist by many factions. The funny thing is, all those "activists" who were all over the story at first, are nowhere to be found now. And the MSM is as much to blame on how the report and manipulate the public. Just like that story with those kids in Kentucky and how they smeared their name yet it came out it was all false.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am glad this story is unraveling on this piece of shit. Fuck him. But of course if you spoke out on the story being fake from the start, you were labeled a heartless, insensitive racist by many factions. The funny thing is, all those "activists" who were all over the story at first, are nowhere to be found now. And the MSM is as much to blame on how the report and manipulate the public. Just like that story with those kids in Kentucky and how they smeared their name yet it came out it was all false.

It was pretty much accepted wisdom that this was fake from the start over at the politics board.  

On 1/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So these guys were just walking around with ski masks, bleach, and rope at 2AM in Chicago? 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Srsly.  This story seems embellished.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:10 PM, lemonlime said:

Ski masks.  In Chicago during the polar vortex.  Sure.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....something smells WAY off here.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is one of those stories where we need to wait on the facts to come in before reacting.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:34 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Yeah, gonna have to agree.  How many Trump supporters watch Empire, let alone would be able to recognize this dude on the street?

On 1/31/2019 at 10:07 AM, Pokoloco said:

Someone who has no idea how the world really is would come up with this story and find it plausible.

Grindr hookup gone wrong is my guess.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 AM, Mojo Hand said:

This story is fishy as fuck

On 1/31/2019 at 10:14 AM, Chad Fuck said:

100%

giphy.gif

On 2/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, sidis said:

here is a picture of the assailant...

political-pranks---ashley-todd_cg6g3l

• Like 1

@SuingToGetAMessageBoard? oh no doubt many called bullshit on this story. I certainly did. Especially when he said the attackers screamed 'This is MAGA country'. Lmao. Also, anyone who would actually scream that follows the black show Empire enough to recognize this guy walking down the street at 2am? Just as laughable. I don't think he thought it through enough.

But all the people who screamed bullshit were met with resistance from many factions. And labeled as MAGA supporting racists, since that was the group being attacked. I do not visit the Politics board so I didn't see all the reactions there.

Bama Chick desperately wanted to believe Jussie's version of events.

DD and his ilk (posters with at least 75% of their total posts in CR) should be confined to posting exclusively in CR.  This policy would have also benefited Shaggy/Surly where CR was decidedly right leaning.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

DD responds with 1-2 sentences that don't answer any question posed to him. He is a waste of time to engage. His position is right because he says that it is, but he won't defend it. Everything ever said or done to a minority has a white racist agenda behind it. It's your job to prove him wrong, which is an impossible feat because you too are racist posting from a position of privilege.

Bad Teammate just has a screw loose. He at least defends his position, albeit, littered with personal attacks when he's challenged. I imagine him dropping the mic after a CR response and having to pick it up because no one started a slow clap. He's not a waste of space like DD though. 

33 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

They're trying to find the guy in the truck that shot up that mom and daughter in Houston for being black on a Tuesday and coming up with a defense for the wrongly accused thug that admitted to doing it under white police pressure. PM Pancho for the latest updates. His heart strings and genuine concern compelled him to start a thread about it when the narrative was that the suspect was white.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, alincoln said:

DD and his ilk (posters with at least 75% of their total posts in CR) should be confined to posting exclusively in CR.  This policy would have also benefited Shaggy/Surly where CR was decidedly right leaning.

Seriously, can we ban these stupid fucks that wander out of the Cloak Room and fuck up all the other threads?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

They're trying to find the white guy in the truck that shot up that mom and daughter in Houston for being black on a Tuesday and coming up with a defense for the wrongly accused thug that admitted to doing it under white police pressure. PM Pancho for the latest updates. His heart strings and genuine concern compelled him to start a thread about it when the suspect was white.

I forgot about that story. Yeah that one, too. It's all the same. Everyone attacks this certain faction and then when it comes to light it was false, they tuck their tail and run. Media loves race stories and crimes. It creates a buzz and gets clicks and attention. They all sound disappointed when it comes to light it was not a race crime since they have to drop the coverage and move on. Meanwhile a child was killed in that incident but that was glossed over for the race angle.

So Mark Geragos (who hasn’t won much in a courtroom) is now representing Jussie and allegedly the brothers were getting ready to testify in from of a Grand Jury yesterday when they received a last second phone call from Smollett’s defense attorney and postponed their testimony.

Also, once a search warrant has been issued how long does it take to get phone and bank records? I ask bc:

CBS 2 also has learned up to a dozen search warrants have been issued in the case, including for Smollett’s financial and phone records. Detectives are waiting for those records to come back.

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I forgot about that story. Yeah that one, too. It's all the same. Everyone attacks this certain faction and then when it comes to light it was false, they tuck their tail and run. Media loves race stories and crimes. It creates a buzz and gets clicks and attention. They all sound disappointed when it comes to light it was not a race crime since they have to drop the coverage and move on. Meanwhile a child was killed in that incident but that was glossed over for the race angle.

Well, there really aren't hours in the day to report crimes involving only one race

Had to go IMDB him as I did not know him from Adam. Who know he was in the Mighty Ducks.  Looks like he's worked pretty steadily since 2009.
Hoping they come out and say he's on the hook for 1.5 million or so, which I would suspect takes most of his cash, and nobody in Hollywood touches him with a ten foot pole. then he can join the "Minimum wage should be $15 movement" while mopping floors at Burger King knowing he did this to himself.

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

LOL. Finally phase for the crazies will be some sort of Race-Gay Card where all the oppression he faced and lack of white privilege gave him little choice but the fake a hate crime.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What are your thoughts on actual hate crimes?

I will just answer that question as if it were my own (see SNL skit of Bush/Gore debate) I think most people with an actual soul think any hate crime is wrong. I certainly do. My question back would be is it okay to stage a hoax (be it this-jury still out on this one as present) to further your point? That’s really the question. You can dress it up on both sides in a thousand different ways. Is it ok to make shit up to point the finger at anyone (even if that “anyone” happens to be bad people) to further your agenda (even if that agenda is valid)? That I can’t answer for you. I’d only say I’d never do that-May not make me person of the year but I’m not willing to throw someone under a bus just to make my point. And that’s, IMO what you have here multiplied by a narcissist celebrity (which is there any other kind)?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I will just answer that question as if it were my own (see SNL skit of Bush/Gore debate) I think most people with an actual soul think any hate crime is wrong. I certainly do. My question back would be is it okay to stage a hoax (be it this-jury still out on this one as present) to further your point? That’s really the question. You can dress it up on both sides in a thousand different ways. Is it ok to make shit up to point the finger at anyone (even if that “anyone” happens to be bad people) to further your agenda (even if that agenda is valid)? That I can’t answer for you. I’d only say I’d never do that-May not make me person of the year but I’m not willing to throw someone under a bus just to make my point. And that’s, IMO what you have here multiplied by a narcissist celebrity (which is there any other kind)?

No, that's not OK. No one is saying it is.

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

Bama Chick would have 1/3 of her rep if her username was Bama Dude. She’s the seasonal flavor.

• Like 1

I’m just wondering if there are more people involved in this. I could be wrong but there is a Scooby Doo level plot. Thanks David Chappelle comedy routine. If you go back and read my posts (🤷🏻‍♀️) too hard to do I realize I’m this thread at some point the CPD went from calling the victim by name to the Empire stuff. Apart from phone records the only way to possibly nail this as a hoax is the letter itself. I imagine the brothers didn’t mention that to their attorney as part of their representation. Just that they were hired to faux beat him up.  THe letter is a federal case now. FbI has more credibility than CPD. Whether they were hired or not is no longer relevant. Because there are two cases now. The letter (FBI jurisdiction) and the assault (CPD jurisdiction with FBI as a side rep)

17 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Bama Chick would have 1/3 of her rep if her username was Bama Dude. She’s the seasonal flavor.

It’s weird to me how an upper middle aged lonely woman with no connection to Texas finds her way to surly — a Longhorn message board.  Either she’s very desperate for human contact or a sock

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

they are despicable.  and they statistically can’t be attributed to white people more than other races. 

They are, and the statistics depend on arrests, so there may be a lot of hate crimes committed by people of all races that we'll never know about. And that's a shame.

There are only three way to look at this: Jussie was attacked without his knowledge -this is related to the Empire show which has rapidly fallen off in ratings and the show without his knowledge staged it, he was complicit with staging this along with the show for ratings (there might be some evidence of at least the show being complicit), or he decided on his own to do it. I read some stuff about him and the shiw’s creater opening the letter with gloves on? Not saying it’s true. I’d wonder if the leaks of which there are many were meant to catch someone else also. But go ahead with this thread being about posters that you want to argue with that you could clearly put on ignore