Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

7 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

Jussie isn't even smart even to realize that saying Mexican (which too many people commonly do) instead of Hispanic is a racist (or bigoted if you will) statement.  Many people in this country tend to group all Hispanics as "Mexican" because they're ignorant of the persons origins and just use Mexican as a generic blanket for all Latinos.  Fucking idiot he is.

So are they Chinese or are they Japanese?

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No clue, but most Mexicans I know hate being called Hispanic or Latin and every Sicilian I know hates being called Italian. For the record, Italians hate it when you call Sicilians Italian too.

Further for the record the vast majority of Italian restaurants serve Sicilian food. 

But my favorite racist shit is English food in an Irish Pub.

Buncha fucking racists, the lot of them.

How do you feel about the Dutch ??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I won't lose any sleep if he's put in jail. That's what judges are for. I'm not sure who the victim is unless you think some harm was done to the MAGA crowd. I know they're acting like their feelings are hurt, but does anybody really feel like the object of a hate crime?

Like I said, I'm happy to let the system sort it out. 

You pull law enforcement resources from other investigations in a town like Chicago and you're not sure who the victim/s are?

Damn son.

Just now, babysdaddy said:

Or the governor, lt governor, and ag of Virginia

Oh they've already put that ugly chapter in their lives behind them. They could care less. The LT Gov. is still gripping a bit because of potential criminal actions for sexual assault, but the Gov. and AG ain't sweating shit.  Let the healing begin.....

47 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No clue, but most Mexicans I know hate being called Hispanic or Latin and every Sicilian I know hates being called Italian. For the record, Italians hate it when you call Sicilians Italian too.

Further for the record the vast majority of Italian restaurants serve Sicilian food. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTZOxjXC6kQSfR_yLh6O3

• Like 3

1 minute ago, futureman said:

the blacks in virginia are more or less cool with the blackface.  if they’re cool with it the white guilt is irrelevant and the guy shouldn’t step down. 

No,  just the black democrats...  They were read the riot act by the party leadership. They're toeing the company line..

“Mr. Smollet is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing,” read a statement sent out late Thursday on behalf of the Empire actor.

“Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system,” the hyperbolic statement added. “The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election,” it also noted, tossing more political edge into an already sharply political affair.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-response-innocent-laywers-statement-arrest-chicago-attack-1202562385/

30 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

“Mr. Smollet is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing,” read a statement sent out late Thursday on behalf of the Empire actor.

“Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system,” the hyperbolic statement added. “The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election,” it also noted, tossing more political edge into an already sharply political affair.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-response-innocent-laywers-statement-arrest-chicago-attack-1202562385/

So, it's the cops who actually invented a false story and took it public. Bold strategy, indeed. 

12 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

It was probably was a white liberal professor who first told everyone that we were no longer allowed to call them Mexicans. And he didn’t ask the Mexicans. That’s usually how these things come about. 

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

My mom still calls all of them "oriental"

I read somewhere that many Asians - both here and elsewhere - prefer Oriental as they don’t like being lumped together with Indians, Pakistanis, etc. There was no outcry from Orientals to start being collectively called Asian.

I was suspended on Hornfans for using the term Japs in a WWII thread. Forget that in that same thread we were referring to Aussies, Pols, Ruskies, and Brits, as well  derogatory names like Krauts and Frogs. That was when I moved to Sh@ggy.

6 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I read somewhere that many Asians - both here and elsewhere - prefer Oriental as they don’t like being lumped together with Indians, Pakistanis, etc. There was no outcry from Orientals to start being collectively called Asian.

I was suspended on Hornfans for using the term Japs in a WWII thread. Forget that in that same thread we were referring to Aussies, Pols, Ruskies, and Brits, as well  derogatory names like Krauts and Frogs. That was when I moved to Sh@ggy.

I once got called a racist when I was in college and bartending.  Told the kitchen to 'cut the japs' on a sandwich and some lady bitched me out like I had called her a cunt.  I wanted to call her a cunt afterward.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I hope I can get his lawyer if I ever get into a scrape... the guy is terrific!
Image result for baghdad bob

Better Call Bob!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The Chinese in my family think the flap over the word Oriental is one of the dumbest things ever. 

20 minutes ago, futureman said:

the fact that he’s still denying his guilt is really throwing me off, given the mountain of evidence against him that allegedly exists.  I wonder if he really is the victim here.  perhaps we’ve all jumped the gun. 

I heard that the wind chills at the time of the alleged attack were -20F. I wonder if they are making insulated MAGA hats with those fold-down ear flaps.