Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

22 minutes ago, futureman said:

the fact that he’s still denying his guilt is really throwing me off, given the mountain of evidence against him that allegedly exists.  I wonder if he really is the victim here.  perhaps we’ve all jumped the gun. 

As Jenkins would say, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

34 minutes ago, futureman said:

the fact that he’s still denying his guilt is really throwing me off, given the mountain of evidence against him that allegedly exists.  I wonder if he really is the victim here.  perhaps we’ve all jumped the gun. 

The latest theory is that it was Trump supporting cops who set him up.

Public opinions tend to ebb and flow. I expect theories such as this to pick up steam.

3 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

lol! This guy’s about to get a pass. His wallet takes a hit, but the entertainment business will eventually rally around him. That IS going to happen.

Yep, they're already full in on this.

Just listened to an entire montage of who's who (not just entertainment people, politicos too) at an awards ceremony blaming JS's actions on Trump.

The View will be doubling down soon enough if not already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

When Don Lemon and Cuomo bail on you after reading the entire portfolio of evidence, well, I think you have your answer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Just listened to an entire montage of who's who (not just entertainment people, politicos too) at an awards ceremony blaming JS's actions on Trump.

they make a very good point.  if hillary had won the election I doubt jussie perpetrates this crime.  ipso facto, trump is to blame. 

• Haha 1

so the producers announced they are not including him in the final two episodes of the season the be filmed.   WTF.  If I were the producers I would be demanding immediate rewrites to the scripts with a similar storyline where his character does the exact same thing for other reasons.   Force him to film the episodes.  that would get the top ratings of the season.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yep, they're already full in on this.

The View will be doubling down soon enough if not already.

What, specifically, was this?

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

When is Robin Roberts’ follow-up interview?

She actually did a guest spot last season on Empire and she played herself, interviewing Jussie's character. Jussie's character was caught on tape beating up someone, and Miss Robin conducted a hard-hitting interview.

Much harder than her real-life interview of Brother Jussie.

https://ew.com/recap/empire-season-4-episode-12/

Back in the office, Jamaal is facing the repercussions for his involvement in the DuBois shooting. Becky informs him that they’ve set up an interview with Robin Roberts so he can apologize for his actions. But Jamaal isn’t having it.

In his live interview with Robin Roberts, Jamaal defends the DuBois shooting as self-defense. He tries to tow the party line, but ultimately decides to expose the feud between the DuBois and the Lyons and storms off set saying he’s done doing things he doesn’t want to do. Cookie watches the meltdown from bed and wants to get back to the office to do damage control, but her sisters won’t let her out of bed. 

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

She actually did a guest spot last season on Empire and she played herself, interviewing Jussie's character. Jussie's character was caught on tape beating up someone, and Miss Robin conducted a hard-hitting interview.

Much harder than her real-life interview of Brother Jussie.

https://ew.com/recap/empire-season-4-episode-12/

Back in the office, Jamaal is facing the repercussions for his involvement in the DuBois shooting. Becky informs him that they’ve set up an interview with Robin Roberts so he can apologize for his actions. But Jamaal isn’t having it.

In his live interview with Robin Roberts, Jamaal defends the DuBois shooting as self-defense. He tries to tow the party line, but ultimately decides to expose the feud between the DuBois and the Lyons and storms off set saying he’s done doing things he doesn’t want to do. Cookie watches the meltdown from bed and wants to get back to the office to do damage control, but her sisters won’t let her out of bed. 

Ahhh how art imitates life or is it life imitating art ?

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I always thought it was toe the line, as in step up to the line, and put your foot right on it to show you're with us and not agin us.  I can see how tow the line would be the right answer as well. I like my way more better.

it is toe the line.  journalism standards have taken a nosedive. 

27 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I always thought it was toe the line, as in step up to the line, and put your foot right on it to show you're with us and not agin us.  I can see how tow the line would be the right answer as well. I like my way more better.

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

it is toe the line.  journalism standards have taken a nosedive. 

Yup, like Row to Hoe, not Road to Hoe

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Toe the line comes from the way folks used to box.  Both competitors had to step to the line and could not run around to avoid their opponent.

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

So, it's the cops who actually invented a false story and took it public. Bold strategy, indeed. 

So says this guy, a guest on MSNBC.

https://news.grabien.com/story-msnbc-guest-says-chicago-pd-may-be-framing-jussie-smollett-k

EXCERPT:

STAFFORD: "I mean personally, it was incredibly shocking on day one to see the police department call it a racist and homophobic attack. In their first statement they explicitly said that and said they're investigating it as a victim case. And as someone that has been investigating these for years in Chicago, that was really unprecedented before.

And a lot of the time, people in the background were worried they were leaning into this victim part of the story because they didn’t believe him and they wanted to use it against him at the end, when they were able to prove that he was lying. Historically the Chicago police has leaked information or information like this hasn't leaked so quickly and so rapidly in a case.

The police were openly confirming and not confirming certain reports and not doing it to other parts of the story. So due to the vocal nature in this case, it was really peculiar. And people have a lot of reason to not trust them. I mean as the reverent has pointed out the Chicago has a deep history of openly lying to citizens.

This police department did, in 2016, openly, through their union support Donald Trump. And a lot of this case has been focused on the MAGA statements. So, many people have felt that they have been so willing to call this a hoax, is because the central question of this case was, ‘Are Donald Trump supporters out here committing hate crimes?’ And that’s what really sparked a lot of the tension.

To have a police department that hasn’t been as cooperative as they have been this round, do not openly give information, do openly lie and mishold information in cases and then to know that they are openly -- have openly supported Donald Trump in the 2016 election, a lot of activists on the ground are saying, ‘Wait, what’s going on here? Who do we believe out of these two suspect people."

HUNT: "I want to go back to Ron Mott now because he was in that scrum that many of you were just watching, people clamoring over each other. Ron, what did you learn?"

20 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

So says this guy, a guest on MSNBC.

https://news.grabien.com/story-msnbc-guest-says-chicago-pd-may-be-framing-jussie-smollett-k

EXCERPT:

STAFFORD: "I mean personally, it was incredibly shocking on day one to see the police department call it a racist and homophobic attack. In their first statement they explicitly said that and said they're investigating it as a victim case. And as someone that has been investigating these for years in Chicago, that was really unprecedented before.

And a lot of the time, people in the background were worried they were leaning into this victim part of the story because they didn’t believe him and they wanted to use it against him at the end, when they were able to prove that he was lying. Historically the Chicago police has leaked information or information like this hasn't leaked so quickly and so rapidly in a case.

The police were openly confirming and not confirming certain reports and not doing it to other parts of the story. So due to the vocal nature in this case, it was really peculiar. And people have a lot of reason to not trust them. I mean as the reverent has pointed out the Chicago has a deep history of openly lying to citizens.

This police department did, in 2016, openly, through their union support Donald Trump. And a lot of this case has been focused on the MAGA statements. So, many people have felt that they have been so willing to call this a hoax, is because the central question of this case was, ‘Are Donald Trump supporters out here committing hate crimes?’ And that’s what really sparked a lot of the tension.

To have a police department that hasn’t been as cooperative as they have been this round, do not openly give information, do openly lie and mishold information in cases and then to know that they are openly -- have openly supported Donald Trump in the 2016 election, a lot of activists on the ground are saying, ‘Wait, what’s going on here? Who do we believe out of these two suspect people."

HUNT: "I want to go back to Ron Mott now because he was in that scrum that many of you were just watching, people clamoring over each other. Ron, what did you learn?"

Had nothing to do with your client doing the celebrity media tour trying to incite a race war. He forced their hand. 

What a piece of shit. Couldn’t help himself, had to blame Donald Trump.  Ironically this faux presidential outrage is what started and ended this. He couldn’t find any real “maga hate” so he created his own to start a conversation, and try to get paid. So jealous of Kaepernick.  

Nice job of making yourself the “face of racism in 2019”. Bet that sounded WAAAYYYY different in his head a month ago. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

This was a comment on TMZ's story about Jussie being fired from Empire:

Breaking WASHINGTON, D.C.In a statement to D.C. police given Tuesday, senator and presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren claimed that two men in colonial outfits accosted her on the street and assaulted her with smallpox-infected blankets.

Warren claimed she was simply on her evening walk with her favorite peyote blend when the two men leaped out of the bushes, fired a round, spent several minutes reloading their muzzle-loading rifles, fired again, and then hollered "battle cries" as they hurled smallpox-infested blankets at her.

"The men fired muskets at me, threw several blankets infested with smallpox in my general direction, and told me this was colonial country," she said, holding back tears. "They told me to go back to my reservation and that I wasn't welcome here."

According to Warren, the men stuck a feather in her hair and then called her "macaroni" before dancing around her in a mock Native American rain dance.

"It is just despicable to me that in 2019 a woman can still be targeted for lynching because of her .0001% Indian heritage," she said in a press conference. "This is Trump's America, people."

Police quickly poked holes in Warren's story, such as the fact that she never dropped her peace pipe throughout the ordeal and that she left the smallpox blankets and mock Indian headdress on herself as she walked to the police department to make her statement.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

What, specifically, was this?

Oh, it was while I was driving around today.  Think it was the Kilmead (sp?) radio hour.  That's basically all the dude does is play cuts from the media and other sources.  I honestly forget the specific awards ceremony, but apparently it was last night.  

His people put together a montage of celebrities and a couple of politicos weighing in on the latest w/JS.

Many did the whole "But Trump" and the others backed up dump truck loads of benefit of the doubt.  Check that, super tanker loads.

I know Maxine Waters was one of 'em.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I walk into this one all the fucking time with "tow".

Just seems more natural.