2018 Beer

HenryJames

582FAF13-91F8-41F7-B09A-A8019D9BC9CA.jpe

Another Reuben's brews selection - this is like the Autumn Harvest Imperial Pumpkin Ale I had last week, but Pumpkin Ale is a level better.  I need to check for a bottle date on this one.  I think it's lost a bit of its original IIPA hoppy heat.

Same bottle shop where I got the above, I was surprised to see two of the selections pictured >>> here in the PNW.  Haven't ever tried any of their brews:

C1524E77-207B-4987-A408-8220DA2751A3.jpe

Cracked a bottle of 2015 Deschutes Abyss Reserve last night (the BBA/WBA blend) as a precursor to a heart healthy meal. (28 day dry aged prime strips my dad brought in town, salt & vinegar crispy potatoes, and roasted radishes with lemon brown butter)

Damn tasty beer/evening and a great reminder that I need to work through my “cellar” (aka pantry) stock. 

Got around to trying some Spindletap Hop Gusher this week. Liked it, certainly on the citrusy side though. Also picked up a 4 pack of Tupps  Brewery Full Grown Nick  Holiday Imperial Stout. Very similar to their Pumpkin Ale I had a while back which was good. Pricing still seems to be a bit high for their beers but maybe it just be that way in McKinney.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:34 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

They make solid IPAs. The rest of their stuff is no bueno.

and Ive been saying it for years, but B-52 is one of the best breweries in the state. No one else in Texas can match the range of styles they do, almost all of which are hits. Just wish they werent so far away

st elmo does and probably exceeds

On 11/9/2018 at 10:53 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

13301ef3376aa54de02e6ed7aecd7ab0.jpg

Chilton.Witbier.

The South Plains finally has a half decent brewery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of my very good friends just moved out to lubbock from austin to start a brewery. poor guy.

but all his beer i've had of his has been pretty great, plus he's pretty QC/marketing savvy. I'd imagine it being like a southern heights out west.

JKs fruited sours are excellent, but if you're missing out on some of their non-fruit stuff because you think only the fruited/BA shit is "special" then that's kinda dumb.

Le Petit is one of the best beers in Austin. Kollaborationsbier is quality and complex as fuck, especially for a pilsner. I'm not really gonna go through all their menu and tell you how neat JK is, but if you have a chance to grab some JK out of state and you have no plans to come to austin, its worth the 15 bucks for the non-sour stuff.

As for the "tariff", I don't really think any JK fruited sour beer is priced very well but thats subjective. Also, I think Spon is definitely not worth the price and those are highly sought after fruited gueuzes

• Like 1

I buy pretty much local to wherever I am.  Of course part of that's because where I live, there's plenty of great local beer.  But that's becoming more common no matter where you are these days.

When I travel, I'm all about the local breweries in those areas.  So much great stuff out there, all over.  We live in good times, my friends.  Good times.