Beto 2020

bad_teammate

Beto: "We have to unlock the power of American ingenuity with the passion of America's dreams and past with the congruous expression of its hopeful future."
Trump: "Look at Beto O'Dork over here spinning his arms around."
*airhorns fill the room and Beto cries*

Jesus you’re a beating.

Everyone gives Hugo shit and there you sit posting watered down schtick from Twitter.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus you’re a beating.

Everyone gives Hugo shit and there you sit posting watered down schtick from Twitter.

giphy.gif

[edit]

and it's not Twitter schtick, it's 3-year-old YouTube schtick

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Tom and Roseanne bought a farm in Iowa when they  were "in". Came across him at the Bike Ride Across Iowa . Put a sticker on my exes boob.

Iowa bike ride rep.  I played a gig in Ames one summer and they were telling me the bar was going to be full of bikers.  Was a pleasant surprise when I learned what they meant.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus you’re a beating.

It's almost like he hasn't figured out that his schtick is offputting. What a terrible ambassador for his candidate.

Where's the money, Lebowski? Where's the fucking money, shithead!

He can't have raised less than Kamala. I personally know multiple people who donated $1k+ yesterday. Of course, I live in the type of place where Beto got the bulk of his money to begin with, so... maybe he did raise less than Kamala? I can see that, and I can see him doubling Bernie.

This is the first real indicator. As much as I like shitposting, I like information a lot more.

Speaking of information...

(Washington Post) Beto O’Rourke’s political career drew on donations from the pro-Republican business establishment

Beto's early career was funded by pro-business Republicans, whose money he used to unseat an actual Latino in a city with a Latino population of 81%. Woody Hunt, right-wing billionaire, hired Beto's wife to run a non-profit in 2016. 

The whole thing is worth a read, but this is hilarious

The downtown redevelopment plan that O’Rourke backed early in his tenure on the city council had been drafted under the leadership of his father-in-law, Sanders, who had also positioned himself to profit from a turnaround by forming an investment group with other O’Rourke donors.

When O’Rourke ran for reelection to the city council in 2007, members of Sanders’s investment group helped him raise more than $54,000, nearly nine times as much as his competitor in the race, Trini Acevedo.

The redevelopment effort hit a snag early in O’Rourke’s tenure when a city-backed public relations plan presented at a 2006 city council meeting used racially insensitive imagery and language.

The slide presentation portrayed El Paso with a picture of an older Hispanic man in a cowboy hat, next to a caption that described the city’s image as “gritty,” “dirty,” “lazy” and with people who “speak Spanish.” The city’s future appeared on another slide, with photos of the Texas-born actor Matthew McConaughey and the Spanish actress Penélope Cruz, who were described as “educated,” “entrepreneurial” and “bi-lingual.”

Really, just read the whole thing, but OF COURSE his heiress wife is a charter school founder.

The benefits to the O’Rourke household from Hunt’s largesse were not limited to political donations. Hunt co-founded and has funded the Council on Regional Economic Expansion and Educational Development, or CREEED, a philanthropic effort to improve the academic performance of El Paso-area students.

O’Rourke’s wife, Amy, a former elementary school teacher and charter school founder, reported earning $146,085 between 2016 and 2018 as a consultant for CREEED.

Hell yes, here we go. Appoint your wife to be Secretary of Education and knife public schools even harder. Can't wait.

hell yeah

Edited by bad_teammate

wtf

The current president can barely operate Twitter. Half of congress is so old they have to ask staff how to rotate a pdf. We have seen both the executive and legislative branches demonstrate their fundamental lack of understanding of technology and the internet, which means a lack of understanding of the economy and society in the 21st century.

Beto is probably not my first choice, and I admit I didn't read the whole article, but I would probably excuse membership in some amateur hour hacktivist group in college because it demonstrates a stark contrast from another fucking clueless boomer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The current president can barely operate Twitter. Half of congress is so old they have to ask staff how to rotate a pdf. We have seen both the executive and legislative branches demonstrate their fundamental lack of understanding of technology and the internet, which means a lack of understanding of the economy and society in the 21st century.

Beto is probably not my first choice, and I admit I didn't read the whole article, but I would probably excuse membership in some amateur hour hacktivist group in college because it demonstrates a stark contrast from another fucking clueless boomer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To be clear, I didn't even read the article. I was just wtf-ing the complete randomness of it all and the foreboding pic/headline. 

What a fucking beating. We get it. He doesn't pass the ideological purity test but somehow according to his voting record, he was very much a mainstream Democrat during his time in office. Pretending like he's some stealth Republican candidate is utter bullshit.

Jump to the ideological spectrum chart at this link: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/beto_orourke/412575

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If I ever run for president I hope that nobody ever brings up that time that I merged my higher state of consciousness with the cosmos when I was 15. 

Yep.  I can't run either.  Onetime I took acid at Canyon Lake.  I didn't transcend consciousness or time or touch the stars.  I got a stomach ache and took a shit behind a cedar tree and wiped with the editorial section of the San Antonio Express News.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Bee-to

#betoo

For those that feel violated by his natural Guatamaleness.  You know, his natural heat.  

53 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

wtf

I just read this article and got a major nerd boner. I think Beto might be a blood brother. Holy shit that article felt it was a story from my youth.

Beto being a member of cDc is fucking awesome.

cdc-patch.jpg

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My wife got the Beto email and immediately donated and then got a follow up email asking her to donate the same amount again, which she did. This fuckin' Beto guy needs to quit emailing my wife. 

article-0-1AE6D7E9000005DC-201_1024x615_

You know, if you were to enjoy watching your wife read the Beto emails and send donations...you could be a Beto-cuck. NTTAWWT

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

I just read this article and got a major nerd boner. I think Beto might be a blood brother. Holy shit that article felt it was a story from my youth.

Beto being a member of cDc is fucking awesome.

cdc-patch.jpg

That's great.  And the right is going to try and turn it into something it is not.

The right doesn’t read the Texas Tribune.  Smith has seen to that.  This is for Democrat consumption.  The folks there are Establishment Democrats.