Beto 2020

bad_teammate

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's funny.  He said I mentioned "New Democrat Coalition" over and over.  Yet there is only one instance in history of me talking about, the post that he quoted.  And then he inquires as to why I'd bring this up when Beto "hasn't even officially announced yet", despite O'Rourke having officially declared several hours earlier.  

I went Libertarian for Texas Senate.  I'm for Sec. Castro as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.  We're hosting an event for him if you'd like attend.  Not just monetary contributions, we're helping him remind people he's done real shit with his career.  

I wonder if any Cubans will vote for Castro.  That's a half serious question, probably won't do well in Floriduh.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

hahaha DONNY!

God, this guy's a fucking idiot.

This is the stupidest timeline. Trump has a ton of hand movement when he talks. He also has unwanted hand movement when he grabs them by the pussy. 

Also, should Trump really be talking about hands? Beto's hands are proportional and he should tell the short-fingered vulgarian to go finger himself if he can reach that far around his fat ass. 

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’s going to make it interesting, but far from sure thing imo. 

I’m not surprised by the reaction here though, this being the #1 Beto fan site on all the internet.  

Educated Texans are probably his go to market. I'm not surprised we're more pro-Beto than pro-Warren at this point. What kind of name recognition/reputation does he have outside of Texas? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Educated Texans are probably his go to market. I'm not surprised we're more pro-Beto than pro-Warren at this point. What kind of name recognition/reputation does he have outside of Texas? 

thanks to Ellen and the CNN town hall, a lot.  His signs have been spotted from CT to Oregon.   He and Buttigeg are the same person IMO, nice fresh guys, but Pete B is much smarter.  Beto will win the Texas primary don't you guys agree? With that many delegates and other states he's going to be top 3 with Biden and Bernie. I do see a DNC war since no one will have the clear majority. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If you look at Google trends, Beto was a goddamn national celebrity in late October/early November.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’s going to make it interesting, but far from sure thing imo. 

I’m not surprised by the reaction here though, this being the #1 Beto fan site on all the internet.  

like you could possibly know that

Beto's aversion to labels is just one of the million Gen X things about him that makes me think that Ethan Hawke from Reality Bites is running for president and the suburban/exurban college educated whites are busting nuts in all directions because it reminds them of their Siamese Dream CDs.

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

This is the stupidest timeline. Trump has a ton of hand movement when he talks. He also has unwanted hand movement when he grabs them by the pussy. 

Also, should Trump really be talking about hands? Beto's hands are proportional and he should tell the short-fingered vulgarian to go finger himself if he can reach that far around his fat ass. 

We already know every accusation is an admission of sorts.  This is no different.  It fits in quite nicely.  

No chance the Dems run another white guy in 2020.  Neither Biden or Sanders will make it through either but Beto has the smallest chance of the three. The brand of the democratic party is primarily focused on women and minorities of which he is neither. 

He is going to have to defend his  "phenomenally large breasts and tight buttocks" comments during the primaries and the other nominees aren't going to take the highroad.  Beto has the burglary, dwi and fleeing the scene of an accident charges too.  Not a big deal when you are running against the zodiac killer, but Beto is 2020's John Edwards. They haven't even started pulling the skeletons out of his closet yet.

1 minute ago, Jack said:

No chance the Dems run another white guy in 2020.  Neither Biden or Sanders will make it through either but Beto has the smallest chance of the three. The brand of the democratic party is primarily focused on women and minorities of which he is neither. 

He is going to have to defend his  "phenomenally large breasts and tight buttocks" comments during the primaries and the other nominees aren't going to take the highroad.  Beto has the burglary, dwi and fleeing the scene of an accident charges too.  Not a big deal when you are running against the zodiac killer, but Beto is 2020's John Edwards. They haven't even started pulling the skeletons out of his closet yet.

Hey, he's like me!

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

The fuck are you talking about.

4 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

I'm imagining Hillary Clinton giving the same quote and wondering about the reaction.

I think she's missing the point that Hillary was one of the most unlikable candidates ever, man or woman.

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I like this.

how many judges 13, 99?

I don't like the idea of the President appointing SCOTUS judges, even though that's in the constitution, since they are his lackeys. Even though this is part of the 'checks and balances' ideology, it's not practically fair, especially if Congress is also aligned with POTUS.  Meaning the POTUS can align 1/3 of the Federal system in his favor for decades. So term limits help defeat this inherent unfairness, good idea. 

32 minutes ago, Jack said:

Not a big deal when you are running against the zodiac killer, but Beto is 2020's John Edwards. They haven't even started pulling the skeletons out of his closet yet.

So Cruz and his machinery couldn't unearth them, but somebody else will be able to do it?

Maybe you meant that the made up skeletons haven't been pulled out of the closet yet.

Edited by Jive Turkey

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think she's missing the point that Hillary was one of the most unlikable candidates ever, man or woman.

And she's missing the point that Hillary's position was essentially "I'm entitled to be President."  That turned off millions of voters.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Mayor Pete has a decent idea of 15.  10 nominated by POTUS in the normal way and 5 appointed by the other 10 on the bench by unanimous consent.

Which I think is a fantastic idea.

Signed,

Someone who depends on SCOTUS judges to get a shitload of boring and mundane shit right while the rest of the breathless news shows are focused on 1-2 distracting and pointless political issues they will be presented with.

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Mayor Pete has a decent idea of 15.  10 nominated by POTUS in the normal way and 5 appointed by the other 10 on the bench by unanimous consent.

I think this is interesting, but I'm not as keen on the idea that the five other justices in this scenario already on the Court can't participate in nominating anyone else (that opens up in the five slots) which makes it almost seem as if it is a different tier of Supreme Court Justice.  I think any justice should have the same rights as any other except with some specific tasks delegated to the Chief Justice.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You should be scared BT...that old bastard you long for has his work cut out for him.  Sure, he has a better chance than my horses but still...

meh

Sanders has a hard floor of 15-20% of voters. He has built a movement of millions and it's not going to disappear and it's not going just flock over to the white son of wealth whose rich politician father literally gave him an ethnic-sounding nickname in order to set the son up for this moment. Beto is the child of privilege who rebelled against his father's grand designs until he grew up and realized that he was, after all, the golden child of destiny his daddy always said he was. I don't say that to mean that EVERYONE will reject Beto, but the class struggle that Bernie represents and champions attracts millions of people, and Beto is not about that fight (or any fight, honestly, that doesn't center his personal brand).

Even if Sanders doesn't win the primary, he won't stop fighting the war of ideas until he's dead and Beto, being vacuous and empty, will continue to be pulled along by the current of more powerful forces (most likely to the right, as is the shitlib's habit). It's simply the power of someone who has ideas versus someone who doesn't. 

I think Bernie has a 1-in-4 chance of getting the nomination. I won't hazard a guess on Beto for 3-4 more weeks/until Biden enters. Beto's floor is lower than Bernie's and his ceiling is higher.

I really don't know on Beto.  He seems like a high risk high reward kind of gamble.  He's got the kind of charisma that could absolutely generate electric momentum if things break right, but he could also get killed by the very tough Democratic machine/primary process in which you really do need to at times be ready to go negative and even be proactive in attacking and going for the proverbial kill as needed.

4 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I think this is interesting, but I'm not as keen on the idea that the five other justices in this scenario already on the Court can't participate in nominating anyone else (that opens up in the five slots) which makes it almost seem as if it is a different tier of Supreme Court Justice.  I think any justice should have the same rights as any other except with some specific tasks delegated to the Chief Justice.

Fair point. 

If he wins he really, really needs a killer as his VP, someone who has chops and knows how to fucking scrap. Warren would be good for him.

"Go up there and shake your ass, cutie, I've got real work to do."

- "Yes ma'am.... *to crowd* I'm SO MOTHER FUCKIN' PROUD OF YOU PIECES OF SHIT!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fair point. 

An easy fix would simply be to allow anyone currently on the Supreme Court when a nomination opens up (the five slot variety) be allowed to participate/vote as any other, regardless of how they were nominated originally.  Of course getting a unanimous vote with even ten - much less fourteen judges - seems almost impossible but the idea is still intriguing and there could be a way to tweak it differently.  (maybe 2/3rds to 3/4th of judges or something along those lines)

Edited by UTDD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I only just now got my first donation text from Team Beto. If I'm below you guys on his list y'all must've given him a mint last year.

Just got mine, but I think I'm in the separate section of people that told them to remove us from their list during the Senate campaign. I told them that still applies to his Presidential campaign. And just like last time, I appreciate the way they handle that by not even texting a lengthy response to the removal request. I am 100% sure I won't be texted by them again.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

This is BS concern trolling. Fuck off.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Beto's aversion to labels is just one of the million Gen X things about him that makes me think that Ethan Hawke from Reality Bites is running for president and the suburban/exurban college educated whites are busting nuts in all directions because it reminds them of their Siamese Dream CDs.

His aversion to labels?  I don't get it.