Beto 2020

bad_teammate

34 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

So after both houses of Congress and an elected president have passed a ban and buyback program for these guns and have asked you to turn in the weapon in exchange for compensation for the property, you are going to break the law? That's what you're saying?

This is where these guys get to live out their fantasy of a last stand against the government.

It'll make for good tv.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The same idiots also post this all the time claiming it’s Beto.

fe931e3f61b9d2dbab0173f0a61bfd40.jpg

Never mind it looks nothing like him, but it’s very easily verified as an attendee at a gay pride event in Athens, Greece in 2016.

bb5bfbb92d58b38fc0a628a43713bb74.jpg

But, ya know, critical thinking and doing research and verifying the truth of things isn’t something Republicans can be bothered with any longer.

If Trump says it, it’s on Fox News, or it’s on Facebook or Twitter then, by gum, it’s the truth!!! Everything else is just liberal fake news!

Fuck your feelings and your facts!

The funny thing is that, having been there, I can tell you in an instant that the first photo is in Syntagma Square looking at the Parliament building.

The funny thing is that, having been there, I can tell you in an instant that the first photo is in Syntagma Square looking at the Parliament building.

You’re right !!! I wouldn’t have noticed. Can’t believe Beto has the balls to do that in a foreign country. So proud of my queer slut ally!! Take it global Beto!
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This is where these guys get to live out their fantasy of a last stand against the government.

It'll make for good tv.

There was a really good oped published in the last week on the gun hysteria being the epitome of republicans commitment to minority rule but I can't find it again.

Edit: found it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/opinion/assault-rifle-ban.html

"The premise of Trumpist populism is that the political preferences of a shrinking minority of citizens matter more than democracy."

"

Bear in mind a critical point: A buyback law could not take effect without approval from majorities in both houses of Congress and endorsement by the president. This is all but impossible without unified Democratic control of government; in fact, because our electoral system puts Democrats at a forbidding structural disadvantage, especially in the Senate, Democrats would need to command overpowering supermajority support to turn such a proposal into law.

In that light, all of these ominous “there will be violence” warnings clearly imply that it simply doesn’t matter whether or not mandatory buyback legislation is enacted by duly elected representatives of the American people with an extraordinary popular mandate, because the wildly outvoted minority would nevertheless be right to regard the law as an intolerable injustice that warrants retaliatory violence. Just ask them."

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

What a shocker, it turns out that the image your gullible ass posted without any verification wasn't of Beto:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/another-bogus-beto-photo/

Republicans can't win without lying and cheating. 

I don't think we should neg in CR, but I've gone against that when people post fake news and fake photos.  Won't neg dumb opinions, will neg verifiable fake bullshit.  Fuck this stupid ass bullshit, you don't get to pass around your Facebook/FW FW FW FW memes here without being called out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, horncyclist said:

So after both houses of Congress and an elected president have passed a ban and buyback program for these guns and have asked you to turn in the weapon in exchange for compensation for the property, you are going to break the law? That's what you're saying?

Son, I've got my digital camo CPAP machine and carbon fiber reinforced diabetes supply kit. I've stockpiled 12 months of testosterone/HCG vials in deep freeze to keep my T levels above 400. I've got my Freedom Food buckets and enough statins to choke a horse. I've got the full suite of InfoWars supplements for brain efficiency and sexual vitality.

You think I ain't ready for the government? You think I won't make my stand like a proud American?

I've got enough gas for my generator to charge my tactical Rascal 100 times over, son! You ain't messin' with this guy.

My wife is cross-stitching a "Tragic Boating Accident" flag right now.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

People like that idiot Texas Rep and this Chubby person who react with anger and threats of violence to the idea of banning and/or confiscating war weapons are providing real time proof that they are exactly the type of people who shouldn’t have those weapons in the first place.

Semi automatics are war weapons? lol maybe you oughta sit this one out.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I give good odds that Beto would whip you pretty easily. Cardio wins fights.

I’ll grant you that he’s a more hardened criminal than myself. He also seems like a guy that would throw sand in my eyes and then kick me in the nuts.   You might be right on who wins this one, assuming I can’t bring my 9mm weapon of war.

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Cardio wins boxing matches. A beer bottle to the back of the head before the other guy knows it's a fight? That wins fights.

You don't think Beto keeps his head on a swivel after spending the entire campaign season being owned by people yelling, "RUN FOR SENATE!" at him at the airport? Naw, you ain't going to catchy lanky 'ole Beto slippin'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I don't think we should neg in CR, but I've gone against that when people post fake news and fake photos.  Won't neg dumb opinions, will neg verifiable fake bullshit.  Fuck this stupid ass bullshit, you don't get to pass around your Facebook/FW FW FW FW memes here without being called out. 

That's generally my take on negging in here. Spreading lies, falsehoods, fake bullshit deserves one. 

4 hours ago, horncyclist said:

if you outlaw the guns, only criminals will have the guns.

48 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Semi automatics are war weapons? lol maybe you oughta sit this one out.

Me, I’m glad he’s ramping up the rhetoric.  There’s millions of people in this country that own a semi-auto 9mm to protect their home but don’t give a single fuck about a “weapon of war”. Alienate them too, Beto.  Keep amping it up and in a few weeks, you won’t be able to walk it back. 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Me, I’m glad he’s ramping up the rhetoric.  There’s millions of people in this country that own a semi-auto 9mm to protect their home but don’t give a single fuck about a “weapon of war”. Alienate them too, Beto.  Keep amping it up and in a few weeks, you won’t be able to walk it back. 

Oh no, he'll never get Republicans now!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Oh no, he'll never get Republicans now!!!!!!!!!

Yes, all firearms are owned by Republicans. 

Also, we lose 40k people a year to weapons or war, or all firearms?  What exactly are you trying to take from the people of this country, Beto? Weapons of war, semi-auto firearms, or all firearms?  No slippery slope my ass. 

In case you are wondering, the 40k is total. 61% of which are suicides. 

Edited by fattyflattie

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

i have a 9mm. his rhetoric isn't alienating me at all. want me to register my gun? sure. i don't have a semiauto rifle, but if i did, i honestly would not mind turning it over. there is no need for an ar-15 in the public. sure, it can help hunt more efficiently, i guess, but mostly it's just for fun. regulate that, too, i don't give a fuck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The people who get their feelings profoundly hurt by gun control proposals are mostly Republicans

Wrong. There are plenty of D who believe in the right to protect themselves. They may not give af about an AR or hunting or whatever, though. We are going to take war weapons away! 75% people say Ok. We are going to take all semi autos away! Less than half would be Ok. We are going to take everything away! Those on the fringe say Ok. 

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

And... so?

You going to outlaw rope next? 

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Wrong. There are plenty of D who believe in the right to protect themselves. They may not give af about an AR or hunting or whatever, though. We are going to take war weapons away! 75% people say Ok. We are going to take all semi autos away! Less than half would be Ok. We are going to take everything away! Those on the fringe say Ok. 

Thinking is always easier when you just make up the stats.

No. Rope isn't designed explicitly to kill people.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Even if that's true (it's questionable), those Ds aren't so stupid to believe he's actually coming for all guns and aren't so stupid to fall for your slippery slope argument.  Btw, if you truly believe you need an AR to protect yourself against some hypothetical future tyrannical government, you may want to stop voting for the party that's the closest thing to a tyrannical government that our country has seen.  In an effort to keep a gun that you fantasize can actually protect you against tyranny, you're voting for a party and president that consistently undermine the Constitution, the Rule of Law, and engage in dangerously authoritarian practices.  Vote for tyranny to stop tyranny!  Fucking idiot.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

those Ds aren't so stupid to believe he's actually coming for all guns and aren't so stupid to fall for your slippery slope argument

Just going off his statements bud. Pretty sure the last one (tweet on last page) says semi-auto weapons. Started with AR specifically, now onto semi-auto. So you tell me, have the goal posts moved, or is Beto ignorant on which he speaks. 

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

if you outlaw the guns, only criminals will have the guns.

And criminals would have fewer of them because we would have fewer guns in our society. And when a sociopath completely loses it and wants to go shoot people up it would be more difficult for hm to acquire the guns and ammo to do it. If you take these guns out of society, we would absolutely have fewer mass shootings and fewer casualties when they do happen.

Those that are defending keeping thesew eapons widely and easily available --and democrats who stay silent on the issue--are saying a few mass shootings a month are worth it. I think most Americans disagree on that and public opinion continues to change.

Edited by horncyclist

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What are you so afraid of?

Loss of the firearms I do care about. I don’t care about an AR personally, but I shoot clays and hunt often. I also have handguns in the home that I feel offer protection. It makes me feel better when I’m overseas for long periods of time and my wife and kids are home alone. 

In the last 2 weeks, Beto has determined this will be his niche. He wanted to ban all “weapons of war”.  Fine, if you could tell me tomorrow that’s all, I’d probably sign that. I don’t own any. Yesterday a tweet pops up that now we going to “come to your house and take your semi-autos”. Ok, well now you are talking about my hobby, sport, and sense of security for my home. Further in the tweet he mentions helping stop the 40k casualties in the US each year.  So let’s break that down.  There was something like 15k homicides and 24k suicides.  Now we are talking ALL firearms, unless he feels ALL were committed with the AR 15   Maybe that’s the only firearm he thinks exists, I don’t know  

So, to answer your question. I am “scared” that I will be negatively affected even tho:

1) I legally own the firearms I have

2) if you aren’t made of clay and painted orange, they don’t pose a threat to any living being.

3) it may or may not be he’s interested because it finally hit home for him, but either way he’s made this decision on a whim. (My question is why he didn’t gag when it wasn’t in El Paso. My true feelings are he found a way to get a numbers bump with some attention) 

4) his goalposts are either moving, or he’s too ignorant on the subject to keep his talking points straight. Either way it doesn’t give me warm fuzzies. 

• Like 3

And criminals would have fewer of them because we would have fewer guns in our society. And when a sociopath completely loses it and wants to go shoot people up it would be more difficult for hm to acquire the guns and ammo to do it. If you take these guns out of society, we would absolutely have fewer mass shootings and fewer casualties when they do happen.

Those that are defending keeping thesew eapons widely and easily available --and democrats who stay silent on the issue--are saying a few mass shootings a month are worth it. I think most Americans disagree on that and public opinion continues to change.

Fwiw that was a jokey response. When ARs are outlawed for banned from seeing the light of day, those that disobey those laws will be criminals.

If it didn’t go as far as mandatory buybacks, I would like registration, and if you have an unregistered AR or if your AR gets used in a shooting, same kind of prison sentence as a black guy selling drugs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Fwiw that was a jokey response. When ARs are outlawed for banned from seeing the light of day, those that disobey those laws will be criminals.

If it didn’t go as far as mandatory buybacks, I would like registration, and if you have an unregistered AR or if your AR gets used in a shooting, same kind of prison sentence as a black guy selling drugs.

Those are good steps. I just don't know if it's enough. To stop this you really have to cut down on the number of guns. Maybe the regulation and changing views of the gun culture would be enough but I don't know. It's important to always remember with these discussions that republicans have been unwilling to even pass universal background checks. 

• Like 1

Michael Moore can be divisive but I see this as significant for Beto, just the recognition of leadership. 

I liked this one from the comments:

Beto may yet gain some steam. I think he'll be uniquely positioned to pick up a lot of Biden support when he collapses having progressive bonafides with a demonstrated willingness to take action but still somehow being able to preach unity. 

After his early stumbles people started writing him off, attributing his success more to: "maybe it was just standing next to Ted Cruz", which I think is wrong.

Would be great to see him pick up a significant number of delegates to help with a legit run to get on the ticket. Warren-Beto all the way.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, Grade of D as in David said:

spacer.png

I've seen that photo 100 times, and felt physically ill each time.  But I honestly never noticed that little gold watch clinging to his wrist.  Who wears a fucking jubilee bracelet gold watch to play tennis?  Same dipshit that wears all white too, I suppose.  

Anyway, kudos to O'Rourke for standing firm on this assault rifle bullshit.  

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Don’t tell me the pressure doesn’t work.

We’re at a tipping point on guns and loud voices are sorely needed and voices that refuse to let the NRA dictate the discourse because of fear.

Exactly. Chuck Schumer should resign his leadership position. Bunch of cowards.