Christchurch, NZ mosque shooting

Brisketexan

Do you think they’ll change their teachings and beliefs and join this millennium? Most religions don’t evolve quickly.

Being that most of them, particularly those living in the west, aren’t looking to behead the unbelievers, yes. Yes I do. I live among and work with numerous Muslims, and they’re fucking decent human beings who don’t want to hurt anyone.

But just to be safe, and protect the fatherland, y’all probably ought go all Christchurch on em, just to be safe. It’s really the only logical endpoint when you’ve decide that “they” cannot be trusted to live among us.

23 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This right here ^^. 

24 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Do you think they’ll change their teachings and beliefs and join this millennium? Most religions don’t evolve quickly.

I actually have a couple Muslim friends my age (early - mid 20’s) who grew up here in America, as 1st generation Americans. Its interesting to see some seeds of assimilation seep into that culture. They still go to mosque and identify as Muslims. However, they & their peer group also drink alcohol out at bars, exchange gifts at christmas, some smoke weed & do other drugs, and they’re definitely starting to lose their “native” language. I can only imagine how much more assimilated their kids will be.

I agree that in its fundamental form Islam may be incompatible with the west. However, I also understand human nature and know that as time goes on more and more Muslims who grew up in the west will lose touch with the major tenets of their religion, as many Christians & folks of other faiths tend to do. Because of this I don’t understand why you guys think killing every last one of them is a good idea.

Edited by Helobious

On 3/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, Cajun said:

Not defending that guy at all, but it certainly isn't helpful that when you flip it that there's plenty of (admittedly not in the realm of mass shootings) falsified bullshit out there in order to achieve a murkier point.  Jussie wasn't the first nor will he be the last.  Those folk are just as much a part of that cauldron of doo doo as is Oxycontin Boy here is.

Not defending the guy, then immediately proceeds to defend the guy. 

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I actually have a couple Muslim friends my age (early - mid 20’s) who grew up here in America, as 1st generation Americans. Its interesting to see some seeds of assimilation seep into that culture. They still go to mosque and identify as Muslims. However, they & their peer group also drink alcohol out at bars, exchange gifts at christmas, some smoke weed & do other drugs, and they’re definitely starting to lose their “native” language. I can only imagine how much more assimilated their kids will be.

I agree that in its fundamental form Islam may be incompatible with the west. However, I also understand human nature and know that as time goes on more and more Muslims who grew up in the west will lose touch with the major tenets of their religion, as many Christians & folks of other faiths tend to do. Because of this I don’t understand why you guys think killing every last one of them is a good idea.

The ones I’ve met in college and other parts in America are very much like this.   But I’d bet parts of Paris, London and other places are a bit different 

27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all should consider hanging out with a Muslim sometime.  I had a buddy from Libya about ten years ago and he loved to smoke the hookah.  Good times until he got called back to Libya to fight in the war. 

I work with two every day. They're great people

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You said there were more white supremacists than Muslims in this country bro lol

My clarification would be yes there are more white supremacists than Muslim extremists in this country.  I don't know the population of Muslims in the country or the number of white supremacists, but I'm betting their are more Muslims than white supremacists.  

The Southern poverty law center estimates active KKK membership @ 5-8K.

Into The Abyss reports that Active, group, membership, White supremacists are estimated at 25k with another 125k to 150k people who subscribe to white supremacist publications.  

Unless these numbers are wrong, there just aren't a statically significant number of them.   (don't know dick about the group but these were the numbers cited on their google located page).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

My clarification would be yes there are more white supremacists than Muslim extremists in this country.  I don't know the population of Muslims in the country or the number of white supremacists, but I'm betting their are more Muslims than white supremacists.  

Into The Abyss reports that Active, group, membership, White supremacists are estimated at 25k with another 125k to 150k people who subscribe to white supremacist publications.  

Unless these numbers are wrong, there just aren't a statically significant number of them.   (don't know dick about the group but these were the numbers cited on their google located page).

Oh ok I apologise for misrepresenting what you were trying to say, then. Thanks for the clarification.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Oh ok I apologise for misrepresenting what you were trying to say, then. Thanks for the clarification.

No worries, my OP wasn't clear.  And like I said, I'm only posting numbers grabbed in a google search, but I've always felt there were not a significant number of real card carrying, white supremacists out there.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No worries, my OP wasn't clear.  And like I said, I'm only posting numbers grabbed in a google search, but I've always felt there were not a significant number of real card carrying, white supremacists out there.

Even if that number were two million, or ten million, it would be dwarfed 3-10fold 

1 minute ago, longhorn10 said:

Anyone else find it weird there's hardly any info out about the Linwood/second attack? 

First one had the video so it got all the notoriety.

He killed 8 people at the 2nd mosque  before one of the muslim men went apeshit on him, apparently. Shooter discarded one of his empty rifles in the parking lot and returned to his car to get a fully loaded one he had ready. Muslim guy grabbed the empty rifle and smashed the shooters car windshield with it. Shooter may have mistaken the impact with a gunshot, got spooked and sped off while returning fire. Cops easily tracked the car because of the broken windshield. Sounded like a much crazier scene than the 1st shooting despite a lower body count. 

Edit: check.  I thought I had read more than that before, and I took a melatonin earlier but haven’t fallen asleep.  My brain is acting funny.    That’s my miscue.   Even still, I’d say there may be more Muslims than what you defined as ‘card-carrying white supremacists, and yes that probably dwarfs the card carrying members.  But doubtfully dwarfs the latent racist bits of several arenas.  

Either way, I meant that yes, there are more Muslims by a long way than straight White Supremacists.  

7 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Heck, this is the first I’ve heard about a second attack.

190316184712-01-new-zealand-hero-super-1

Christchurch, New Zealand (CNN)Abdul Aziz Wahabzadah was praying with his four children at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch on Friday when the gunfire started.

Friday is the busiest day of the week for mosques around the world, when Muslims convene for Friday prayers. Wahabzadah told CNN he ran outside as soon as he heard the shots, grabbing a credit card reader along the way. He confronted a man in "army clothes" armed with guns and a camera. 

To distract the shooter from the mosque, Wahabzadah said he threw the credit card reader.

"I just wanted to scare him so he doesn't come inside," he said. Unfortunately the shooter did make it in.

The credit card reader hit the shooter, who then ran back to the parking lot and began firing at Wahabzadah. The shooter dropped the first gun -- which Wahabzadah described as a shotgun -- and started shooting with the second. The gunman couldn't get a good angle on Wahabzadah, he said, because Wahabzadah was ducking between cars and a fence.

Thinking the shooter was going to a car to get more weapons, Wahabzadah said he picked up the dropped gun, ran after the man and tried to pull the trigger, but realized the gun was empty. 

"When he sees me ... chasing with a gun, he sat in his car," Wahabzadah said. "And I just got the gun and throw it on his window like an arrow and blast his window. And he thought probably I shot him or something and ... he drove off."

Wahabzadah didn't stop there. He said he continued chasing the shooter, who did a U-turn and raced off. It was then that Wahabzadah says he returned to the mosque to discover the scope of the violence.

Eight people died after being shot at the Linwood mosque. Another 42 died at the Al Noor Mosque. In total, 50 people died as a result of the two mass shootings Friday.

Latef Alabi, the imam at Linwood, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that were it not for Wahabzadah's actions, the death toll would have been higher.

The shooter was identified as Brenton Tarrant, 28, of Australia. He has been charged with one count of murder and will face additional charges, according to New Zealand police. He has been remanded to the High Court to reappear April 5.

"I promise you I wasn't frightened or anything," Wahabzadah said, adding that he was prepared to give his life for those he loved. "I was doing my job. If anyone was there in that situation (they) would do the same thing as I did."

Wahabzadah said people at the mosque praised him for his actions. 

"I got to be honest with you, it wasn't me, it was God that saved everybody. God saved everyone," he said.

Originally from Afghanistan, Wahabzadah said has been living in New Zealand for more than 2 years. Prior to the move, he said he was living in Australia for 27 years as a refugee. 

Wahabzadah said that after seeing racism in Australia, he moved to New Zealand because it was a peaceful country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/16/asia/new-zealand-father-confronted-mosque-shooter/index.html

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I think Islam is incompatible with modern civilization. At the same time, so is Christianity. 

10 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Fuck you,  religiophobe.  

The Quran and the Bible contain rules to follow. Some of these rules are horrific. Some of them are not followed anymore because they are incompatible with modern society. Yet, others are still believed true because belief is hard to change especially when it involves what God supposedly wants 

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SameSame said:

Not defending the guy, then immediately proceeds to defend the guy. 

Not even in the slightest.

It's not a defense to say that one fella's batshit craziness is fed by the batshit craziness of another.

There's no attempt to defend there at all.  Anyone.  Except, of course, what your imagination has come up with.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Betcha half of those crackers are FBI informants & moles. Saw a cartoon about the kkk 50 years ago getting that idea across.

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Quran and the Bible contain rules to follow. Some of these rules are horrific. Some of them are not followed anymore because they are incompatible with modern society. Yet, others are still believed true because belief is hard to change especially when it involves what God supposedly wants 

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” 

The bit about not fapping one’s “seed upon the ground” was probably the first to be 86’d.

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Betcha half of those crackers are FBI informants & moles. Saw a cartoon about the kkk 50 years ago getting that idea across.

They sure as hell scare the shit out of the resident libs here. You'd think any tree that doesn't have a Russian behind it has at least 2 Klans men.  They're in the miiiiiiiiiilions, don'tcha-know......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Islam teaches that the penalty for homosexuality is death. Among other reasons, I think that's incompatible with Western Civilization.

Treating women like cattle would be another. No respect for freedom of speech or religion. It's really a long list and I don't have time to list every objectionable item.

Christianity teaches all of those same things you fucking dolt. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They sure as hell scare the shit out of the resident libs here. You'd think any tree that doesn't have a Russian behind it has at least 2 Klans men.  They're in the miiiiiiiiiilions, don'tcha-know......

Thank god we don’t have to worry about that international terrorist Hillary Clinton though... thank you for warning us about her.  

I’m sure we’d be in a Mad Max post apocalyptic reality had she won. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thank god we don’t have to worry about that international terrorist Hillary Clinton though... thank you for warning us about her.  

I’m sure we’d be in a Mad Max post apocalyptic reality had she won. 

Oh Jesus dId you really just do that ?  Hillary the ultimate con artist, who used her position to enrich herself in money and power regardless of who got hurt. She did it her entire career in Washington.  

You should stick to the Russian. conspiracy schtick.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Which is merely a history of Jews written by Moses 5,000 years ago. While important, it isn’t nearly as important as the NT. 

Regardless, no Christian denomination teaches this, and to equate the two religions is lazy and reeks of an agenda. 

You think there is a huge difference between the teachings of Islam and Christianity? Seriously?

How are they so different? 

• Fuck You 1