Releasing bats

Not that Bob

Can this be real or am I falling for a hoax? News says 1.5 million bats going to be released as part of the SXSW celebration of 80th Anniversary of Batman. Where does one acquire 1.5 million bats? How does one transport 1.5 million bats? What if these outsider bats bring blankets with smallpox? Tell me this is a hoax. 

This is obviously about the bats in Congress ave bridge. That's the exact number of pregnant female bats that roost in the bridge when they return after wintering in Mexico. They all have one pup and the population increases to 3 million at the end of summer. No fucking way they're capturing and then releasing 1.5 million different bats into the habitat of 1.5 million existing bats. PETA would be all over their ass for pulling a stunt like that.

Edited by irishtexan

2 hours ago, Not that Bob said:

Can this be real or am I falling for a hoax? News says 1.5 million bats going to be released as part of the SXSW celebration of 80th Anniversary of Batman. Where does one acquire 1.5 million bats?

This is just another way of describing the usual yahoos who fly in for that thing.

18 hours ago, Not that Bob said:

Can this be real or am I falling for a hoax? News says 1.5 million bats going to be released as part of the SXSW celebration of 80th Anniversary of Batman. Where does one acquire 1.5 million bats? How does one transport 1.5 million bats? What if these outsider bats bring blankets with smallpox? Tell me this is a hoax. 

18 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Pretty sure they're just referring to the 1.5 million bats under the bridge. 

Ozzy worked a deal with aggy about all of those at the Kroger in CS.