2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I just wish our bats wouldn’t shit the bed every fucking home game in this series.  Three home games and only the first one was even close.  Washington has owned us like some punk ass bitches at MMP.

It’s odd and statistically improbable. Ergo we score 12 tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

This game was lost when Altuve couldn’t make contact with runners on third and second. It’s ridiculous that they cannot score at home after the first inning. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before in my 40+ years of watching baseball.

I kept expecting him to squeeze a run in. In retrospect, even with two strikes maybe he should have tried. Strasburg was dealing. 

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This is basically the anti-2017 World Series.  For as awesome as that series was, this one; despite going seven games is a complete shit heap for both teams at times.  The WS between St. louis and Detroit might be the only other one that beats it for shitiness.

Hate to say it, but this is pretty accurate.  Somebody goes up early and the other team presses to try to get back and can't, then it gets broken open late.  Hardly any lead changes, late inning drama, etc.  For a neutral fan, this must be pretty boring stuff.

I just wish they’d finish all this baseball shit and put the Masked Singer back on. 

Have you seen the celebrities they got on that show? Johnny Weir. Terry Bradshaw. Antonio Brown. That’s some quality right there.

Nick Cannon is so funny.  He was great on AGT.  I mean, Howard Stern LOVES him.  I do too.

And i think Jenny McCarthy thought one was Barak Obama. I thought so too!!!!!!!!

And we wonder why Muslims hate us.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

its funny how I ate up every athletic article after we won game 3 then 4 then 5. After tonight I’m on a sports blackout until the first pitch.

Does any fan of the team that got bitch slapped actually read that stuff the next day? 

I had to turn A-Rod off. Fucking pussy shitbag. He choked in the World Series. Worse than JV, too

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Please don’t be pussies.

So much THIS.  

The Stros need to come out ready to swing the bat and kick ass.  All out effort.  Do not be THE first team to set a team record for regular-season wins, have home field advantage in the playoffs, and lose all 4 WS games at home. You can never live that down.  Man up.  Kick their asses.

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

its funny how I ate up every athletic article after we won game 3 then 4 then 5. After tonight I’m on a sports blackout until the first pitch.

Does any fan of the team that got bitch slapped actually read that stuff the next day? 

I couldn't turn TVs off fast enough tonight...and I had three on at the time so I could go outside and into make a drink and into the bathroom to take a leak and not miss a pitch.

15 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

So much THIS.  

The Stros need to come out ready to swing the bat and kick ass.  All out effort.  Do not be THE first team to set a team record for regular-season wins, have home field advantage in the playoffs, and lose all 4 WS games at home. You can never live that down.  Man up.  Kick their asses.

And maybe don’t show up the pitcher in the first 

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

1/7 of the ballpark is on StubHub for tomorrow’s game. I get that fans are disappointed and perhaps have already spent too much on tickets for the other games but how many Game 7s could you expect to see in person? 

We need new fans in the seats. If you went to games 1, 2, or 6 sell sell sell

1/7 of the ballpark is on StubHub for tomorrow’s game. I get that fans are disappointed and perhaps have already spent too much on tickets for the other games but how many Game 7s could you expect to see in person? 

This.
I’m a bit amazed.

(And mostly pissed I bought after we lost game 2 thinking that was bottom...and turns out tickets are going for 40% cheaper than that).

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Prices were very low in the ninth inning 

Yeah, carrying the bat all the way to first was a bad look.

tenor.gif?itemid=11680246

I watched Major League Thurs night for the first time in years and was thinking when Cerrano carried his bat all the way around the bases “I wonder if a guy would ever do that in today’s game...and how many fastballs to the head he’d take after the fact.”

Bregman and Soto combined to get halfway there tonight.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Meh, Soto copied him

he wasn’t doing it to show up anyone, just watching the ball 

Just saw the MLB post game show.  Soto was at the desk chatting it up with the crew.  Pedro told Soto if he carried the bat to first after a HR, he would "get drilled" the next time up. LOL.  I love old-school baseball.  

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

This.
I’m a bit amazed.

(And mostly pissed I bought after we lost game 2 thinking that was bottom...and turns out tickets are going for 40% cheaper than that).

I have to think that when people wake up tomorrow they will realize they need to go. And if it means new fans in the seats, so be it.

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Just saw the MLB post game show.  Soto was at the desk chatting it up with the crew.  Pedro told Soto if he carried the bat to first after a HR, he would "get drilled" the next time up. LOL.  I love old-school baseball.  

I have no doubt Alex Bregman will get hit for that next season by some grouchy pitcher.

Strasburg's the MVP so far. But I don't think he'll end up being. That will go to Gurriel, who will save the day.

OK, that prediction was delivered to me by the ghost of Elvis riding a rainbow unicorn. In short, pretty much the same as every other sports prediction. But if I'm going to sit around all day wondering what will happen, I guess I'd rather know I predicted it to be something good. 

6 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

This.
I’m a bit amazed.

Houston fans are nothing if not frontrunners.  Game 5 prices tanked after we lost Game 4 in 2017.