2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It's just game 1, and it isn't even over, but if we don't advance the season can be basically summed up in 2 words:  Charlie Morton

I understood the logic of Luhnow letting him go, but in hindsight it may have been the difference.  Not just the perhaps different rotation order facing the Yankees, but the $ for Greinke might have gone to actual bullpen help at the deadline.  We have Harris and maybe Osuna we can rely on.

Edited by clapclapclap

Just now, clapclapclap said:

It's just game 1, and it isn't even over, but if we don't advance the season can be basically summed up in 2 words:  Charlie Morton

I understood the logic of Luhnow letting him go, but in hindsight it may have been the difference.  Not just the perhaps different rotation order facing the Yankees, but the $ for Greinke might have gone to actual bullpen help at the deadline.

Did the Astros not want to match or was there something else? 

Just now, clapclapclap said:

I think it was partially money but more a concern of how effective they projected him to be over the life of the contract.

Please don't quote me, but I saw somewhere that Morton or someone in his family didn't like Houston. I'd blame the weather, but it's probably hotter and even more humid in Tampa.