Texas v. Lipscomb-THU, 6:00p-CDT

Guest Lobo

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If you don't care about potentially hanging a banner tonight then maybe you should stop pretending to be a Texas basketball fan.

I want us to win simply for the players who've given their college career to Texas to go out that way.

But hanging a banner? The "We Couldn't Get into the Real Tournament" banner? That's not something that will ever be one of my notable fan memories. Simply winning your first game in the NCAA tournament beats that hands down. 

I'm too embarrassed to watch this game in front of my family. My wife's alma mater is in the final fuckin four -- the real one -- for the 4th time in 10 years and keeps asking how Texas is doing in our tournament. I had to explain a couple weeks ago what the NIT was to my 7 year old die hard Longhorn son and it felt like shit. Fuck Shaka man for making me explain the NIT.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I want us to win simply for the players who've given their college career to Texas to go out that way.

But hanging a banner? The "We Couldn't Get into the Real Tournament" banner? That's not something that will ever be one of my notable fan memories. Simply winning your first game in the NCAA tournament beats that hands down. 

Do you really think we won't raise a banner if we win tonight?  lol

47 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol you think the NCAA tournament is comprised of the 68 best college basketball teams? 

The mere fact that the NCAA takes 68 basketball teams means you're in some pretty mediocre territory at best trying to cobble together a tournament out of what's left.

I'll accept and support the players wanting to win. It's kind of pathetic, however, to treat raising the NIT banner as any kind of event.

• Like 1

Just now, Tired Horn said:

The mere fact that the NCAA takes 68 basketball teams means you're in some pretty mediocre territory at best trying to cobble together a tournament out of what's left.

I'll accept and support the players wanting to win. It's kind of pathetic, however, to treat raising the NIT banner as any kind of event.

Maybe you're right but how do you think your players will remember their time at Texas if they win the NIT and it's swept under the rug as if it never happened? They'll be alumni too.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Maybe you're right but how do you think your players will remember their time at Texas if they win the NIT and it's swept under the rug as if it never happened? They'll be alumni too.

pretty disrespectful to the players. not that these "fans" would care. 

10 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

All of the top traditional basketball powers do it

Image result for NIT banner

Image result for NIT banner

Image result for NIT champions banner

Image result for George Washington NIT banner

Edited by SimonBolivar

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Didn't see a thread for this colossal showdown tonight at Madison Square Garden.  I think an NIT Championship, even in this day and age, is an impressive feat for this team given the challenges they've faced this year on and off the court.  Plus, you gotta root for them even if you're too cool for school, simply because it's fucking Lipscomb.  Fucking Pat Boone went there.  3,000 kids who practice two hours less a week than we do because of mandatory chapel time.  Although we are just 1-point favorites.

So here's to the Longhorns bringing back some kinda hardware.  

would love to see how Lipscomb matches up with us on:

-Staff salary

-overall budget

-facilities

-academic excellence and support

-media coverage

-any other metric worth a flying fuck

lolololololol  embarrassing, but go Horns!

5 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

UT will win.

I personally think it would be damn cool for the Big XII, hell screw that, for the State of Texas to own both the NIT and the NCAA Championships.

AP Coach Of The Year both Men's and Women's are from Texas schools. Yay? er.. Whoop!