Texas v. Lipscomb-THU, 6:00p-CDT

Guest Lobo

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

...or they may let them slide back into it, making it closer than it should be, because, you know, it's what they've been doing for the whole tournament, pretty much. "It's a 40 minute game." Or something;.

if by "whole tournament" you mean "whole year" I completely agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

My theory on defense is that having Hayes off the court takes away a crutch of having a legit rim protector, forcing the entire team to up their collective effort.

They are playing better team defense, rebounding better on defense...... plus Refs aren't calling many touch fouls.

I just have no words. This NIT started with Texas running out to a 19-0 lead, which of course we inevitably blew, only to find ourselves down 67-64. I legitimately thought we would lose that game, and as recently as the Xavier game we've still looked like the regular ole trash product we've come to expect from Shaka. But with all of that said, the last three halves of basketball are as well as we've played under Shaka since his first year here. Just a totally different team.

Just now, Goo Punch said:

I just have no words. This NIT started with Texas running out to a 19-0 lead, which of course we inevitably blew, only to find ourselves down 67-64. I legitimately thought we would lose that game, and as recently as the Xavier game we've still looked like the regular ole trash product we've come to expect from Shaka. But with all of that said, the last three halves of basketball are as well as we've played under Shaka since his first year here. Just a totally different team.

They still need to finish.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They still need to finish.

Yep.

I have all along been of the opinion that Shaka is eventually going to be a championship caliber coach, but amended that this year to say that it just wasn't likely to happen while he was employed at Texas. That's still likely to be true, but we've been teased by glimpses of potential with the defensive effort we've seen in the last couple of games. Along with the rest of the known galaxy, I am skeptical that next season will be any better than this one, but 10 years from now, Shaka is going to be doing a good coaching job somewhere.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Precision.

33 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

These last three games are arguably our three best of the season.

And, yes, I know it's "just" the NIT, but the way everyone has stepped up and executed on both ends (especially on defense, of course) has been remarkable.

I know Fran keeps saying it, but the UNC win, Purdue win, @WVU, and even the first 30 minutes at Baylor we’re all better played minutes than any game in this tourney.

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

I know Fran keeps saying it, but the UNC win, Purdue win, @WVU, and even the first 30 minutes at Baylor we’re all better played minutes than any game in this tourney.

Strongly disagree. We beat UNC cuz Roach played the game of his life, WVU was in complete disarray, and we blew a 21-point lead against Baylor. Even if we agree on UNC, the other two are reaches.