TEXAS @ BAYLOR Series

petscii

52 minutes ago, jinx said:

Yeah, last year was a bit of a tease and what seemed to be evidence that Pierce can coach when it matters.  I can't name a player on this team that is a true difference maker.  Maybe Austin Todd.  Who is next on that list?

Austin Todd was 0-5 tonight.  "Who is next on that list"!  And he was hitting in the 4-spot.

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Austin Todd was 0-5 tonight.  "Who is next on that list"!  And he was hitting in the 4-spot.

For a hot minute I thought Todd was going to be a special player this year but he just hasn't been. We don't have a difference maker really. Maybe Elder. Everybody else is just pretty alright. But the weird thing is we also do not really have that many players who just reliably shitty. Just a whole lot of passable college baseball players.

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok explain why we don't get beaten decisively. Why is everything close if we are terrible?

The floor may fall out, or maybe not. I want to see what happens.

You’re looking at it all wrong.  The midweek games and recent bullpen drama shows there is nothing there to make it through a regional.  Batting .250 as a team won’t cover all the mistakes.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This team may be one of the least talented Horn teams i can remember. Most of the talent is young and raw, and i know we have injuries... but damn anyone than isnt a freshman looks like ass also

Very true. Will be good to develop Hibbeler, Shaw, McCann, Todd, Zubia, Reynolds, Ellis,  Henley, Elder for a few more years.

15 minutes ago, Enfield said:

Very true. Will be good to develop Hibbeler, Shaw, McCann, Todd, Zubia, Reynolds, Ellis,  Henley, Elder for a few more years.

If McCann’s progress in learning the relatively simple task of blocking balls in the dirt is an example, then I don’t hold much hope any of the frosh will be developed fundamentally.

Learning to square up to the ball, while getting low and wide, isn’t brain surgery. It requires repetition and practice. Yet, McCann still stays in a squat and reaches or stabs at any ball outside his body’s width with predictable results. No sweat if no one’s on base. Disaster when there are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I have a feeling the weather might fuck with this one today

https://twitter.com/texasbaseball?lang=en

Just checked,  4:05 start per twitter,  FSSW plus,    Channel guide does not list game at this time,  we shall see.

FOX Sports Southwest PLUS: Channel listings
Video Provider Channel
DirecTV 676-2
Dish Network 448 (SD) 9518 (HD)
AT&T U-Verse 754 (SD) 1754 (HD)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

For a hot minute I thought Todd was going to be a special player this year but he just hasn't been. We don't have a difference maker really. Maybe Elder. Everybody else is just pretty alright. But the weird thing is we also do not really have that many players who just reliably shitty. Just a whole lot of passable college baseball players.

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This team may be one of the least talented Horn teams i can remember. Most of the talent is young and raw, and i know we have injuries... but damn anyone than isnt a freshman looks like ass also

5 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

If McCann’s progress in learning the relatively simple task of blocking balls in the dirt is an example, then I don’t hold much hope any of the frosh will be developed fundamentally.

Learning to square up to the ball, while getting low and wide, isn’t brain surgery. It requires repetition and practice. Yet, McCann still stays in a squat and reaches or stabs at any ball outside his body’s width with predictable results. No sweat if no one’s on base. Disaster when there are. 

9 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

https://twitter.com/texasbaseball?lang=en

Just checked,  4:05 start per twitter,  FSSW plus,    Channel guide does not list game at this time,  we shall see.

FOX Sports Southwest PLUS: Channel listings

Video Provider Channel
DirecTV 676-2
Dish Network 448 (SD) 9518 (HD)
AT&T U-Verse 754 (SD) 1754 (HD)

FSSW+ shows 676-1 on my guide for DTV

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah last night we had a ESPN crew that was weirdly pro-Baylor. Tonight we get Baylor's homers.

That's cool as long as they're not too over the top homerish. At least these guys sound like they have a clue and actually wanna talk about the game instead of everything else in the world.

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, wood said:

"BayorVision"? Wut? lol...

I think that's what they call it after a Baylor scholarship athlete slips a second roofie to a co-ed.