2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Since NBA fans here.... today is day to get free taco at Taco Bell.  2-6pm or anytime if order is from app or online today.

https://www.tacobell.com/stealataco

Nah man I already diarrhea this weekend and I’d rather not get it again. That and I’d rather go buy a good Street taco than steal a liquid shit in a shell.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Here's the original tweet. I assume he's going the Horford route, trading down on APY for increased guaranteed money.

Wonder what they think he's worth. 4 for 80? 4 for 85? 

I don't think he would opt out for less.

Edited by ztejas
Gr

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Nah man I already diarrhea this weekend and I’d rather not get it again. That and I’d rather go buy a good Street taco than steal a liquid shit in a shell.

diarrhea problem??

Username checks out..... 😄

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wonder what they think he's worth. 4 for 80? 4 for 85? 

I don't think he would opt out for less.

Hope you are right and there is money out there this summer but man, I can't see giving him any deal that doesn't bring his cap number down significantly.    My guess is 3/45M and even a 15M/yr avg seems like a lot for him right now.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:
Who eats taco hell? serious question.

Id crush some taco bell right now

Well yea you live in Minnesota and don't have incredible street taco joints everywhere to choose from. It's like saying you'd crush some dickies bbq over Pecan Lodge. 

CP3 is untradeable with that contract. The only way anybody would take that contract is if you threw in Harden, ironically. That would show both of 'em!

Think about what the Rockets would look like if they never made the CP3 trade. Their roster would have Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams (both insanely under market value), Montrezl Harrell, and the 2018 first round pick that turned out to be Alonso Spellman. Plus a shitload of cap space.

• Like 2

Just now, Dutchrudder said:
32 minutes ago, d2o said:

Couldn't he negotiate a buyout for like 10m and become a free agent immediately? I don't think there is a rule that limits how much money a player is allowed to give up on an existing contract.

I don't think he wants out THAT bad.

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:
32 minutes ago, d2o said:

Couldn't he negotiate a buyout for like 10m and become a free agent immediately? I don't think there is a rule that limits how much money a player is allowed to give up on an existing contract.

LMAO at the thought of the president of the NBPA giving up a dime of guaranteed money. 

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

CP3 is untradeable with that contract. The only way anybody would take that contract is if you threw in Harden, ironically. That would show both of 'em!

Think about what the Rockets would look like if they never made the CP3 trade. Their roster would have Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams (both insanely under market value), Montrezl Harrell, and the 2018 first round pick that turned out to be Alonso Spellman. Plus a shitload of cap space.

But that front office is the best...

• Haha 1

I never liked the pairing of CP3 and harden to begin with but they admittedly won way games than I thought they would.

14 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
46 minutes ago, d2o said:

Chris Paul has a $44M player option...

...for 2021-2022.

28 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

CP3 is untradeable with that contract. 

They'd have to eat someone's almost as shit contract. Probably multiple.

I'd give MJ a call, see if he wants to bring CP back home.

Edited by aggie08

Lakers-Cavs-Rockets three way incoming.

Love to Rockets

Paul to Lakers

Flotsam and jetsam to Cavs.

Only Pelinka would be stupid enough to trade for the right to pay $85 million to a mid 30's point guard in the last two years of his contract.  And Team Banana Boat will be on it's way, once they get Melo out of retirement.  

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Love to Rockets

Paul to Lakers

Only Pelinka would be stupid enough to trade for the right to pay $85 million to a mid 30's point guard in the last two years of his contract.  And Team Banana Boat will be on it's way, once they get Melo out of retirement.  

Funniest part about this is neither the Rockets nor Lakers have any draft picks to throw in to make it happen. They've already burned them all up in other deals. I think they would have to move Capela for somebody to eat that albatross of a contract, 

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Funniest part about this is neither the Rockets nor Lakers have any draft picks to throw in to make it happen. They've already burned them all up in other deals. I think they would have to move Capela for somebody to eat that albatross of a contract, 

Sad, but true.  The Rockets were trying to unload 4 first rounders last year for Butler, as I recall.  They probably have to offer the same 4 first rounders to get someone to take Paul off their hands.

The Lakers pretty much lost all control of their draft until after LBJ is 40.

Typical Surly post. Acting like you know something when, in reality, you’re clueless. After this draft, the Rocket’s have all of their 1st rounders.

Cp3 just disputed the entire thing as did morey yesterday. “Sources” is basically bullshit made up for clicks. Usually when it’s true cp3 and others don’t quickly dispute it publicly and stay silent until the trade happens like Dwight Howard does when their is real drama.

but whatever stops the State Farm commercials I’m all for so trade him.

38 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Love to Rockets

Paul to Lakers

85??   its 3 yrs 120M+   There is not one chance Paul isnt picking up that 44M option for the last yr

Edited by d2o

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Cp3 just disputed the entire thing as did morey yesterday. “Sources” is basically bullshit made up for clicks. Usually when it’s true cp3 and others don’t quickly dispute it publicly and stay silent until the trade happens like Dwight Howard does when their is real drama.

but whatever stops the State Farm commercials I’m all for so trade him.

I saw that too. Weird. Yahoo usually isn't big on just throwing shit against the wall.

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Typical Surly post. Acting like you know something when, in reality, you’re clueless. After this draft, the Rocket’s have all of their 1st rounders.

Well they don't have this year's pick because their new owner went cheap bastard on them. They can't trade next year's first rounder because of the Stepian rule. So I guess they have 2021 and beyond to trade. If you think a first round pick two years from now and another one four years from now is going to be enough to entice somebody to eat the worst contract in NBA history, then you're the one who's clueless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Well they don't have this year's pick because their new owner went cheap bastard on them. They can't trade next year's first rounder because of the Stepian rule. So I guess they have 2021 and beyond to trade. If you think a first round pick two years from now and another one four years from now is going to be enough to entice somebody to eat the worst contract in NBA history, then you're the one who's clueless.

Would you rather fuck John Wall’s contract, or Chris Paul’s? 

You have to be sober.