Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

23 minutes ago, lockport said:

Any predictions for tonight?

Clegane bowl. 

Arya or Jamie kills Cersei. (My money is on Jamie).

Wildfire caches get lit (intentionally or not), fulfilling Dany’s vision from the House of the Undying of a ruined Red Keep with a Drago flying over it. 

Yara comes back and beats Euron somehow. Maybe with the help of the new Prince of Dorne. 

Dario somehow causes the Golden Company to turn on Cersei. 

Bran does like, general bird stuff. 

Howland Reed continues to stay out of the picture. 

5 minutes ago, hornian said:

Clegane bowl. 

Arya or Jamie kills Cersei. (My money is on Jamie).

Wildfire caches get lit (intentionally or not), fulfilling Dany’s vision from the House of the Undying of a ruined Red Keep with a Drago flying over it. 

Yara comes back and beats Euron somehow. Maybe with the help of the new Prince of Dorne. 

Dario somehow causes the Golden Company to turn on Cersei. 

Bran does like, general bird stuff. 

Howland Reed continues to stay out of the picture. 

These are all legit. I kinda feel like Brienne needs to die, possibly trying to save Jamie? Clegane vs Mountain would be cool to see. Arya seems untouchable so maybe something will happen with her. 

Honestly something big needs to happen tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

The final scene will be Jon Snow eating onion rings in a diner. Someone will come through the door, he'll look up, and the screen will go black.

Kinda sounds like something out of Twin Peaks Season 3 😂

3 hours ago, Surlybastard said:

I think at this point the two forms of the story are clearly on divergent paths. So watching the series enfold now isn't really the same as having read the books and knowing where GRRM means for it all to go. So in that regard I think people would rather just watch the show for what it is sans spoilers.

The only silver lining to how shitty the last two seasons have been is that I'm fully confident the book ending has not been spoiled hardly at all, assuming GRRM or someone else actually ever write the last two books. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Massive disappointment and amusing memes. 

Is it even possible for the show to massively disappoint anymore? The writing the last two seasons have lowered my expectations so much that I don't think I could possibly be massively disappointed by these last two episodes.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The only silver lining to how shitty the last two seasons have been is that I'm fully confident the book ending has not been spoiled hardly at all, assuming GRRM or someone else actually ever write the last two books. 

Is it even possible for the show to massively disappoint anymore? The writing the last two seasons have lowered my expectations so much that I don't think I could possibly be massively disappointed by these last two episodes.

It really does feel way different this season than the books. Something has changed, there are so many more stories to tell and only two episodes left. It almost feels like GRRM has checked out and someone else is writing this stuff and they don't get it. 

1 hour ago, lockport said:

It really does feel way different this season than the books. Something has changed, there are so many more stories to tell and only two episodes left. It almost feels like GRRM has checked out and someone else is writing this stuff and they don't get it. 

that's exactly what happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

That Jaime death was worse than when they killed Barristan Selmy. What the fuck was the point of his arc

What ever it was, it came full circle and rendered him pointless. 

Better, but still a ton of deus ex machina.
Really handy that horse was standing all alone amidst the rubble for Arya at the end. Good thing she still has all that plot armor on. 

What do you know, you’re just a lowly squire to an amazon woman...
  • Like 2

'And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.'

I guess the ceiling was the valonqar. 

Although, maybe the real valonqar was the friends we made along the way. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 2

so i think the ending to next week is something along the lines of, Jon has no choice anymore, he has to stand up to her in front of everyone, call her out on her lunatic moment, and say shes's unfit to rule.

Dany calls him a traitor, and says he has to die a traitors death, death by Drogon.  except hes a MFing targaryen bitches, and all that happens is Jon's clothes are burned  off, hes standing there nekkid in the middle of the fire, the whole fucking world sees him live, proving his Targaryen bloodline, and he then kills her to stop the mad queen from killing everyone. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 2

Now that was some shop-wrecking dragon action. Pretty awesome how it turned from “fuck yeah!” to totally horrifying. The Dany heel turn was pretty predictable but it was done well.

I felt it when The Hound fell. One of the great characters in fiction. I’m glad Arya didn’t have to see him go, and as Ramjet said, it was just perfect.

Let’s see: Both Cleganes, Jaime and Cersei, Varys, Qyburn, who else am I forgetting?

so i think the ending to next week is something along the lines of, Jon has no choice anymore, he has to stand up to her in front of everyone, call her out on her lunatic moment, and say shes's unfit to rule.
Dany calls him a traitor, and says he has to die a traitors death, death by Drogon.  except hes a MFing targaryen bitches, and all that happens is Jon's clothes are burned  off, hes standing there nekkid in the middle of the fire, the whole fucking world sees him live, proving his Targaryen bloodline, and he then kills her to stop the mad queen from killing everyone. 

We’ve already seen him burn his hands on a damn lamp, come on...