Murder - Suicide in San Marcos

immamac

A great friend of mine is a father is this story. We are devastated. I do not know anything about the details here but it feels about as far away from fair as I have been witness to. 

There may be a number of people affected on here in some manner. Condolences to all. RIP. 

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

Seems like a lot of bad shit goes down in San Marcos these days.  Or maybe because I have a kid down there it just appears to be a lot worse than it used to be.

yep, I have changed how my daughter runs around town (HS so no pics) and have talked to my son (Texas State, no pics) about his life, where he lives. Just go to Zelicks and you will be fine. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, Ten Bears said:

Seems like a lot of bad shit goes down in San Marcos these days.  Or maybe because I have a kid down there it just appears to be a lot worse than it used to be.

I feel like its been getting worse. My wife was teaching there and had some scares that required extra security. Then I started to pay more attention to the news (like you did) and noticed all kinds of shit. Agg robbery, rape, lots of violent crime there in the middle of the town. Got wife out eventually, and thankfully.

Just back from the funeral. Connor’s dad gave an amazing speech calling for love and understanding. 

I love them all but Vengeance would be my reaction. Maybe I can grow from this tragedy. Maybe I can be better 

10 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Just back from the funeral. Connor’s dad gave an amazing speech calling for love and understanding. 

I love them all but Vengeance would be my reaction. Maybe I can grow from this tragedy. Maybe I can be better 

Was it not a murder-suicide in which the murderer is deceased?  With all due respect to your bereavement, from whence would the vengeance come?

On 5/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, staboner said:

I feel like its been getting worse. My wife was teaching there and had some scares that required extra security. Then I started to pay more attention to the news (like you did) and noticed all kinds of shit. Agg robbery, rape, lots of violent crime there in the middle of the town. Got wife out eventually, and thankfully.

Suppose it's the outward expansion of Austin suburbs?  Or is TSU drawing a broader, maybe rougher crowd than it used to?

Ha. Yeah right... Says the guy whose handle is stab-on-'er. Not going to fool me!

There was an"incident" at the HS a couple of weeks ago.  The newspaper had a story on its front page, even though there were zero details as to exactly what the "incident" was.  Then last week, the superintendent posted a letter to facebook criticizing all of the rumors that had been spread on social media about the incident:

59455255_2668076349874589_40759710625153

On 5/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, Ten Bears said:

It all started when they opened Kissing Tree, brought in all those Cali swinging hooligans.

• Like 1

I lived in SM 20 years ago and yes, it's a party town and a lot of fun but there was definitely a darker side to the place, imho. It seemed at the time like there were a lot of people who lived there who had come there to go to school, got strung out and flunked out but stayed in town because it was easier than getting their shit together. They become the locals who could get the SWT kids their drugs and some ended up being pretty good sized fish. 50 year old seemingly respectable fish but maybe not so much. Cocaine, all of your opioids, psychedelics ...the kind of stuff that leads to drama when unstable college kids get in too deep. And sometimes shit would happen.

11 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I lived in SM 20 years ago and yes, it's a party town and a lot of fun but there was definitely a darker side to the place, imho. It seemed at the time like there were a lot of people who lived there who had come there to go to school, got strung out and flunked out but stayed in town because it was easier than getting their shit together. They become the locals who could get the SWT kids their drugs and some ended up being pretty good sized fish. 50 year old seemingly respectable fish but maybe not so much. Cocaine, all of your opioids, psychedelics ...the kind of stuff that leads to drama when unstable college kids get in too deep. And sometimes shit would happen.

Sheeit.  As far as I can tell, once you start dealing more than pot (and even that if you aren't a grower), things can get pretty rugged with the supply chain.  And college students or not, customers for harder stuff aren't that stable, period.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sheeit.  As far as I can tell, once you start dealing more than pot (and even that if you aren't a grower), things can get pretty rugged with the supply chain.  And college students or not, customers for harder stuff aren't that stable, period.

And that was the thing, there was, or at least seemed to be, a significant segment using heavy duty drugs. If a dealer can meet the right trust fund babies consistently and still keep a little distance... things can be aight til they ain't.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Yup. Although from my experience growing up there, shit always happened. Seen way to many friends succumb to that shit-hole. 

That’s crazy to hear. I lived in San Marcos from 92-00 and didn’t see any “dark side”. I was a regular at the Showdown and knew a bunch of the “burnt out” old hippies, but nothing sinister at all. I knew more than just a few dealers in my time there as well, but I never saw any “shady” element in the town. It’s weird to be so close to what’s being alleged and never having seen any of it.

49 minutes ago, Hate said:

That’s crazy to hear. I lived in San Marcos from 92-00 and didn’t see any “dark side”. I was a regular at the Showdown and knew a bunch of the “burnt out” old hippies, but nothing sinister at all. I knew more than just a few dealers in my time there as well, but I never saw any “shady” element in the town. It’s weird to be so close to what’s being alleged and never having seen any of it.

Yeah I lived there for a few years in that same period and never saw any of that either. 

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I'm referring to the degenerates, people like myself, and my opinion is of course based solely on my own experience. When you're at the bottom of the barrel you run in circles that have a surprising breadth and depth. 

Oh, I’m not doubting that it happened. I’m surprised I never saw it. When you can be described as a regular at the Showdown (I had my own cup) you are usually at the fringe of the bottom of the barrel at least. And like I said, I knew more than a handful of dealers but I never got into anything other than pot or mushrooms. Maybe staying away from that hard stuff spared me seeing the dark side you’ve mentioned?

I'm out at Mother's Day dinner and my daughter was in their class (2013) at lake Travis, and it came up. She says it's going around among her classmates that after Pfluger killed Shannon, he actually stabbed himself five or six times and didn't die, so then he shot himself. Wow.

Damn. Condolences to those of y'all Thai know the families.

I would be interested to see per capita crime data with all these stories about SM getting less safe. Texas State has absolutely exploded the past 10-15 years. More people means more crime, but not necessarialy on a per capita basis.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk