2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

Officiating has been flat terrible, which leads me to believe this was a typical “called” game for the NBA. Especially given the dubs taking one in Toronto and a number of their stars having to sit... it was meant to be.

That said, dubs have looked like shit tonight both from the field and on D.

The 4th is only gonna be interesting if they can adjust to stop giving DG wide open 3’s and start making some shots.

Just now, Thatguy said:

Isn't it funny that they are celebrating Curry's solo efforts but Lebron does it and we question why he didn't win? Lol

Get out of here with this shit. Every postseason turns into a never ending commentary/ball-sucking about how little help LeBron has and how he has to do everything.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Weird boxscore truth.  Toronto has played 9 guys but only 6 guys have even attempted a shot. 

Danny Green with some huge 3's.  He's very streaky.

4 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Icy Hot. That motherfucker. 

I miss you Danny.

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

oh man danny green!

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This will be known as the Danny Green game.

1 minute ago, housious said:

What a fucking joke. Danny Green hasn’t cared about basketball since 2014.

Any spurs fan know it just means he'll go like 2-30 the rest of the series. If Danny is hitting those then kerr should just throw in the towel.

12 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Officiating has been flat terrible, which leads me to believe this was a typical “called” game for the NBA. Especially given the dubs taking one in Toronto and a number of their stars having to sit... it was meant to be.

What?

5 minutes ago, housious said:

Jesus, what happened to Draymond Green? He’s absolutely awful.

Andrew Bogut was the only Warrior big to show up tonight. Not great, Bob.

Looney's absence is lost with all the injuries to bigger names, but it's going to be a critical one for the remainder of the series.

Edited by aggie08

Steph played like the superstar that he is, just not enough off the bench.  W's needed Cousins or someone like McKinnie to go big.... like 18-20 points.  Cook played decent, Iggy gave you the glue performance with defense and heady play but just not enough.  It really shows Draymond's limitations offensively when he needs to be the 2nd guy.  Just can't shoot well enough and it's not really his game.  Really interesting series because Toronto really isn't that good.  They have some interesting talent but I feel like the last couple of iterations of the Warriors would sweep this Raptor team.

Curry at damn near 50 and they  are down damn near 20. Fucking wow.

This is what everyone wanted. A series where the Warriors had to sweat a little. They lost in 2016 but they were never down in that series until they obviously lost it. 2015 they were down 2-1 but a team with Delladova as your second best player, only a matter of time before they easily win.

Although it's taking all these injuries for it to happen.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Steph played like the superstar that he is, just not enough off the bench.  W's needed Cousins or someone like McKinnie to go big.... like 18-20 points.  Cook played decent, Iggy gave you the glue performance with defense and heady play but just not enough.  It really shows Draymond's limitations offensively when he needs to be the 2nd guy.  Just can't shoot well enough and it's not really his game.  Really interesting series because Toronto really isn't that good.  They have some interesting talent but I feel like the last couple of iterations of the Warriors would sweep this Raptor team.

Well... Durant hasn't been playing, and losing Klay hurt a lot. Toronto might not be a worldbeater but they aren't the Blazers. 

I wouldn't say G4 is must win for GS assuming Durant can come back for G5 at 90ish%, but it ain't looking good right now. 

What?

What’s not to get? Perfect opportunity for the NBA to extend the series, which is exactly what they and their partners want. With the Warriors being hobbled, few would question them losing this game, so why not help ensure that outcome?

Dubs played like shit, but the officiating was highly suspect. It’s not rocket science.

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Toronto goes as their role players go. Those guys hit shots and they are tough to beat. That said, they had some really good looks tonight. The warriors are going to have to pick up their defense. 

It's because they have a roster full of role players.  Even their 2nd best player, Lowry, is really a role player.  Gasol, who was once great, at this stage is a stretch big role player.  They have one guy and he's great but the rest are role players.  Lowry and Green were great tonight so they were able to beat up on a banged up team.

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Curry at damn near 50 and they  are down damn near 20. Fucking wow.

This is what everyone wanted. A series where the Warriors had to sweat a little. They lost in 2016 but they were never down in that series until they obviously lost it. 2015 they were down 2-1 but a team with Delladova as your second best player, only a matter of time before they easily win.

Although it's taking all these injuries for it to happen.

Golden State has fallen behind in a series 4 times previously under Kerr. 1-2 twice, 1-3 once, and 2-3 once. They're 11-0 in the remaining games of those series. They're not sweating just yet. They tend to respond with their backs against the wall.

Edited by aggie08

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Golden State has fallen behind in a series 4 times previously under Kerr. 1-2 twice, 1-3 once, and 2-3 once. They're 11-0 in the remaining games of those series. They're not sweating just yet. They tend to respond with their backs against the wall.

They ain't responding to shit without Thompson or Durant. Looney being out isn't helping either. This isn't a matter of flipping a switch. This is a matter of not having enough bodies.

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If both KD and Klay were out all series, Toronto would probably sweep. Maybe a gentleman’s sweep where we get a Jordan bell game or some shit. No?

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

If Klay and/or KD don’t get back they are.

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They ain't responding to shit without Thompson or Durant. Looney being out isn't helping either. This isn't a matter of flipping a switch. This is a matter of not having enough bodies.

Obviously on the assumption that at least Klay is back for Game 4.

I already said that Looney being out has been underreported. He's easily been their 6th best player this postseason, and he's their only big outside of Green that isn't a massive liability against certain matchups.

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

poor undermanned warriors, playing with only 3 all-stars instead of 4 or 5

If you think Boogie is capable of playing anywhere near the level of an All-Star, I don't know what to tell you. Game 2 was a nice story, but that was the maximum that he can offer, and we probably won't see it again this series.

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If you think Boogie is capable of playing anywhere near the level of an All-Star, I don't know what to tell you. Game 2 was a nice story, but that was the maximum that he can offer, and we probably won't see it again this series.

oh, in that case, they get my full sympathy then

32 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I am talking specifically the Finals once they get out the West. It has usually been a cakewalk against the Cavs outside of the year they lost in 7. Yeah I get they were down 2-1 to Cleveland but no way Cleveland could sustain that effort with those injuries and that depth. Plus Toronto has homecourt here.

The last 2 Finals have been absolute jokes so it's refreshing to see it like this for a change. 

I fully expect it to be 2-2 going back to Toronto, even if Klay is out. GSW will find a way to win at home no matter what. 

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What 3 all stars are you referring to?

i heard outside of curry they have 2 dudes on the court still in their 20s who made the previous 3 to 4 ASG. 

not sure, gotta look into that first to be safe.

28 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

i heard outside of curry they have 2 dudes on the court still in their 20s who made the previous 3 to 4 ASG. 

not sure, gotta look into that first to be safe.

When big men get the type of injury that Boogie had, they never come back the same. He’s a shell of his former self. Draymond, while still clearly a leader on that team, isn’t the same guy he was even a few years ago. Steph needs one of either KD or Klay for this series to be interesting. Klay is so unbelievably important to what they do, even when he’s not on. Him being a threat out there opens up the floor. Plus, he’s always guarding the other teams best guard. They have no chance if both guys are out.

I know it’s just one guy, but Klay being out, IMO is the difference between warriors in 5-6 or raptors in 4 (if he were out all series with KD)

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Obviously on the assumption that at least Klay is back for Game 4.

I already said that Looney being out has been underreported. He's easily been their 6th best player this postseason, and he's their only big outside of Green that isn't a massive liability against certain matchups.

Agreed on Looney. He’s been great and his loss is clearly felt because boogie is clearly not it

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

When big men get the type of injury that Boogie had, they never come back the same. He’s a shell of his former self. Draymond, while still clearly a leader on that team, isn’t the same guy he was even a few years ago. Steph needs one of either KD or Klay for this series to be interesting. Klay is so unbelievably important to what they do, even when he’s not on. Him being a threat out there opens up the floor. Plus, he’s always guarding the other teams best guard. They have no chance if both guys are out.

I know it’s just one guy, but Klay being out, IMO is the difference between warriors in 5-6 or raptors in 4 (if he were out all series with KD)

Agree with all of that. 

I'm just saying, hearing the TV commentators repeat as nauseam how the Ws are undermanned, how Raps could do whatever they want due to talent gulf....is the biggest case of miniature-violin I've heard this playoffs

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah fuck the Warriors, idgaf about their injury excuses. The injury seas part for them every fucking year, so it's about time it happened to them.

This is true.   But I wonder, should Toronto go on and win, will the narrative be "fake championships because warriors weren't healthy!!".  I mean I'm sure it will be.  

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This is true.   But I wonder, should Toronto go on and win, will the narrative be "fake championships because warriors weren't healthy!!".  I mean I'm sure it will be.  

Yeah yeah if this or that happened, if this guy wasn't injured, yadda yadda. You could say it about a lot of teams.

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A lot of people don’t realize it, but Toronto has actually won 10 out of 12 quarters so far. The warriors lost game 1 with looney and a healthy klay in game 1. The warriors needed the dinosaurs to go on an epic cold streak, clanking wide open shots at the start of the 3rd quarter to win game 2, they looked pretty bad in game 3.  Even if klay and Durant come back, we don’t know how effective they will be. I’m just glad that this is a watchable basketball product. The finals have been a waste of time the last few years.

• Like 1

I don’t care what people say. I just want to see the warriors luck to even out. They seem to get all the breaks, all the time.

People don't say that about the Warriors 2015 championship.  How many teams did they face that year with hurt players?  And that was the year Love and Kyrie were hurt in the finals, yes?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

People don't say that about the Warriors 2015 championship.  How many teams did they face that year with hurt players?  And that was the year Love and Kyrie were hurt in the finals, yes?

Don’t forget that in 2017 Zaza injures Kawhi Leonard on purpose and ruins the western conference finals. The spurs would’ve given the warriors a hell of a fight.

in 2018, the Rockets had the warriors on the ropes in the western conference finals, then Chris Paul goes down. 

The warriors really do seem to get all the breaks and I’m ready for their luck to run out. Hopefully the raptors win 2 games. I don’t care how it happens. Just get it done. The warriors shit on the rest of the NBA when they added Durant (a top 3 player) to a 70 win team.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Exactly. This is no different than the ‘15 championship. That was trending towards a very competitive finals, yet nobody really talks about that today. They just shit on Lebron for being 3-6 in the finals .