2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

Don't see any Box-And 1 defenses past the high school level. Shows how much Toronto respects Golden State's offense outside of Steph and Klay (read: not at all). Gonna need Klay out there in Game 3 if KD can't go yet. Warriors didn't score for 5 minutes with that defense.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Don't see any Box-And 1 defenses past the high school level. Shows how much Toronto respects Golden State's offense outside of Steph and Klay (read: not at all). Gonna need Klay out there in Game 3 if KD can't go yet. Warriors didn't score for 5 minutes with that defense.

I don't think the defense had much to do with it, there were plenty of great looks. Both teams looked gassed. They just missed shots, goes for Toronto too, although it was more of them reverting to their normal selves. 

Now more so than ever, I REALLY hope KD doesn’t come back haha. Just prove that this team is fraudulent and that you don’t need him to beat the eastern conference champion like a lot of us already thought. 

KD coming back would eliminate any and all fun in this series. At least from a competitive standpoint. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So what are we thinking? If Klay is fine (like im sure he is) and Steph gets over his cold, this thing is going back to Toronto 3-1, no? Do we really expect this mental midget team to win in GS?

Klay will play because he's Klay. Whether he's actually fine is another story. If Toronto can't win one game in Oracle with the Warriors best player probably out, and 4 out of their other best 6 hobbled or out...

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Klay will play because he's Klay. Whether he's actually fine is another story. If Toronto can't win one game in Oracle with the Warriors best player probably out, and 4 out of their other best 6 hobbled or out...

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think Klay will be fine by Wednesday. His injury didn’t really look like anything. I’m not saying anything that y’all don’t already know, but obviously mental toughness goes a long way in sports. I just feel like GS is on another level in that regard (especially when we’re talking about Toronto), but that can’t be proven by analytics, so Houston fans don’t agree.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

What a horridly played 4th quarter, really 2nd half for the Raptors.  Those rims may need to be replaced with all the bricks hitting them.  Fucking terrible but you have to love the resolve of guys who know how to win.  Draymond on defense and pushing the ball.  Iggy gutting it out and hitting the key shot when he couldn't hit a barn all series.  Cousins was a difference maker and Quinn Cook hit some huge shots in the 3rd.  Raptors shot 37%/29% is not championship ball especially at home.  Gasol was awful, Siakam was terrible and Kawhi was underwhelming.  Looks like the injury report may be the biggest storyline for game 3.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So is Kawhi still this king many were saying? Lulz.

He certainly isn’t looking like it this series. I admitted from the jump that I was probably being a prisoner of the moment. Seems like it had a lot more to do with the Bucks choking.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I hate being "that guy" and I know that being a robot is Kawhi's thing, but an emotional outburst down the stretch or a little leadership would have gone a long way towards settling their team.

But if everyone knows it’s forced, does it still count? Does it still have be same impact? Stay true to who you are. He’s been this same guy since day one.

I’ll still take him on my team over anyone in the league not named KD or Lebron.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But if everyone knows it’s forced, does it still count? Does it still have be same impact? Stay true to who you are. He’s been this same guy since day one.

I guess. But even a quiet guy like Tim Duncan could sense when his team needed a pick-me-up.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ll still take him on my team over anyone in the league not named KD or Lebron.

I wouldn't. It's close, but there's a couple other guys I'd still take. If you want to be in the "best player" conversation, it's more than just what you do on the court. He's been a part of two already well established locker rooms and cultures, and all he had to do was ball (exceptionally well). I want to see how he does as the face of a franchise, with a team's identity molded around him. Not to say he can't--he obviously has the game to lead by example--but it's a different expectation.

Edited by aggie08

Also, I love how we’re calling Kawhi a fraud when he had 34 points and 14 boards. How, you ask? 16-16 from the FT line. That’s what you call a James Harden, “I got my stats but didn’t really impact the game like my stats would say” stat line.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, I love how we’re calling Kawhi a fraud when he had 34 points and 14 boards. How, you ask? 16-16 from the FT line. That’s what you call a James Harden, “I got my stats but didn’t really impact the game like my stats would say” stat line.

He's still a bad ass, but I like how Kerr didn't throw the kitchen sink at him this time. Let Iggy and Klay take turns guarding him, even if he occasionally gets loose, keep everyone else in check. He had some super easy passes to some wide open guys in Game 1.

34 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He's definitely not a fraud but this calling him the king and all that jazz after they won game 1 was silly as shit. Lebron went to 8 Finals in a row and won 3 rings and so many shit on him. Kawhi won one with the Spurs 5 years ago. He then faked an injury and quit on the Spurs and strong armed them to trading him. And now he's some big king because he won the East without Lebron there? Meh. He has a long way to go before he becomes a king of anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

He's definitely not a fraud but this calling him the king and all that jazz after they won game 1 was silly as shit. Lebron went to 8 Finals in a row and won 3 rings and so many shit on him. Kawhi won one with the Spurs 5 years ago. He then faked an injury and quit on the Spurs and strong armed them to trading him. And now he's some big king because he won the East without Lebron there? Meh. He has a long way to go before he becomes a king of anything. 

Nah, you’re right. We’ll never know, but I really feel like the Lebron hate stems from “the decision” and how that went down. The decision, the fact that he refused to compete in a dunk contest for no good reason (other than being afraid to lose). Everyone wanted to see it. He knew that. All the greats competed in the dunk contest if they had it in their repertoire. Plus, the fact that anyone would even have the audacity to compare him to Jordan rubs a lot of people the wrong way even to this day. He’s also really passive aggressive, but that’s almost a generational thing. Ultimately, Lebron will probably go down as the most unfairly criticized athlete in the history of sports when you consider how good of a person he is.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Which coach did he get fired that went on to do anything somewhere else? I will hang up and wait?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

which coach that he got fired went on to coach a championship caliber team? which coach that he got fired ever got another legit chance at winning? how does your question absolve LeBron of (poorly) trying to play GM everywhere he goes? 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Always amazed how the narrative changes game to game, after game 1 Toronto is gonna win it all in 6/7, GS wins game 2 and now it’s gonna be over in 5. Lol. Both games have been close and competitive so I expect the same in games 3&4. 

I would agree with you, but considering everything Toronto had going for them last night (or what GS had going against them, rather) giving up homecourt advantage was inexcusable. You can’t blow opportunities like that against this team, especially while KD is still out. If Klay is legitimately hurt, then the warriors are probably in trouble. But if not, I just have a hard time believing they can win a game 3 or 4 at GS. And so now we’re banking on this team to blow yet another 3-1 lead and becoming a meme for the 2nd time. 

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hopefully the comparisons to Jordan will hush for a bit.

49 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I would agree with you, but considering everything Toronto had going for them last night (or what GS had going against them, rather) giving up homecourt advantage was inexcusable. You can’t blow opportunities like that against this team, especially while KD is still out. If Klay is legitimately hurt, then the warriors are probably in trouble. But if not, I just have a hard time believing they can win a game 3 or 4 at GS. And so now we’re banking on this team to blow yet another 3-1 lead and becoming a meme for the 2nd time. 

I’m not saying the warriors won’t win the series what I’m saying is how every prediction is given in a vacuum of one game. Toronto didn’t get blown out in game 2 just like the warriors didn’t get blown out in game 1. The games have been competitive and I think they will continue that way, if the warriors were healthy I don’t think this would be a series at all but they aren’t so really what happens moving forward is unknown. No one knows who will step up for Toronto from game to game that isn’t named kawhi so if pascal turns it on or green has a 3 point barrage or Lowry gets going they could win just as easy as curry and Thompson going crazy helps the warriors. I don’t expect KD to just show up being partially healthy and dropping 40 and it’s not like GS being banged up can’t lose at home. 

14 hours ago, hookem48 said:

I've never seen one team so much better than everyone else in the NBA, even when Jordan and the Bulls dominated there were other really, really good teams. Right now there's Golden State and a bunch of crap teams.

Yeah it's really killed most of my interest in the NBA.  I am not sure I have watched a complete regular season game in the past two years.

In retrospect, its amazing the Cavs took that series from them.  They should be working on their 5th straight title.  Hopefully Durant leaves after this year...even then they are going to be formidable if they can somehow keep their best 4 on the roster and healthy.

last night was the defining moment in the 5 year GS dynasty.  Lose and people will say  they can't win it without the KD mercenary or they need Kyrie to be out (2015). Now they did it without KD and Klay for a big chuck of crunchtime, did it with Steph being average, did it with Cousins, Cook and Iggy hitting a key 3. A loss last night would have been much more important than people realize. 

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

last night was the defining moment in the 5 year GS dynasty.  Lose and people will say  they can't win it without the KD mercenary or they need Kyrie to be out (2015). Now they did it without KD and Klay for a big chuck of crunchtime, did it with Steph being average, did it with Cousins, Cook and Iggy hitting a key 3. A loss last night would have been much more important than people realize. 

uh, no, game 2 of the 2019 Finals was not the defining moment of the GS Warriors dynasty. 

• Haha 1