Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

On 7/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Chet Steadman said:

I have a friend who owns a small chain of super high-end retail shops which operate in some of the largest markets in the world.  

He has been planning to open his first Texas location in downtown Austin next year but he called me Tuesday and told me he saw a piece on the news about our lovely city’s new ordinance (he lives thousands of miles away, btw) and was now debating whether or not Austin is the right next move for his company. 

This guy sounds like he sucks. 

Austin TX ->

This in front of your house 

f2003_Air_Nautique_226__25000_Monroe_LA_

"OH THE HUMANITY!!!  Que up the fines and threats to impound.

This all over town->

Homeless_camp_on_Ben_White_0_6023730_ver

152b4cb0-e596-48df-9587-dcd6100313bf-lar

"Hey WELCOME! You can come over and fuck my sister!!!!!!"

Austin

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

This guy sounds like he sucks. 

Why?

Seriously?  Can you articulate why you think he "sucks" because he made a business decision based on potential further deterioration of the environment he'd be operating in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

How does the castle doctrine not apply? When everywhere is you home, he’s always protecting it. Dude stole the one thing he had in the world. He stole his breath. Tit for tat. 

Jobs program. Future law enforcement written all over this guy. 

It’s all a long game. Pay the homeless $15/hr and two weeks paid sick leave to scoop their shit and needles. Then brag about employing the homeless 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

Why?

Seriously?  Can you articulate why you think he "sucks" because he made a business decision based on potential further deterioration of the environment he'd be operating in?

Sounds like he sells overpriced bullshit to yuppie shitheads who are scared to death of poor people and minorities. 

8 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Sounds like he sells overpriced bullshit to yuppie shitheads who are scared to death of poor people and minorities. 

so you like homeless people who do nothing but leech from society over yuppie shitheads who pay the very taxes for the services supporting the fucking filthy shit through a straw sucking homeless fuckheads?  

fuck the homeless.  i'll buy you a fucking sign which says "free room and board to homeless" and fly it in your front yard for you.  that's how yuppie i am.

Edited by crash_davis

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so you like homeless people who do nothing but leech from society over yuppie shitheads who pay the very taxes for the services supporting the fucking filthy shit through a straw sucking homeless fuckheads?  

fuck the homeless.  i'll buy you a fucking sign which says "free room and board to homeless" and fly it in your front yard for you.  that's how yuppie i am.

Yes.  Austin would be a much better place if the yuppies were fired into the fucking sun and the homeless were moved into their vacated downtown tenements.  

18 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Yes.  Austin would be a much better place if the yuppies were fired into the fucking sun and the homeless were moved into their vacated downtown tenements.  

"their" downtown tenements.  you say like it's theirs to fucking own, like they purchased it and are paying taxes on it

Guest Lobo

It's not the convention route, but with the repeal of this ordinance, we will reach the 40,000 downtown resident vision of Kirk Watson.  

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Those darn homeless kids!

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

You know how I know you don't really know who the homeless are?

I knew a guy from my high school who spent some time as a drag rat.  his dad was an ophthalmologist and they had family money, too.  filthy rich.  

Just now, Walser said:

When I was in Dobie in the early 90s there was a guy in a suite who dragged it. It was humorous then. That's not what we are dealing with now.

We are dealing with a new breed of superhomeless. They have evolved and honed their homeless powers.

53 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Women and children.

i worked downtown for 4 years where i drove by the arch every weekday, i NEVER saw women and children.  i worked south in the 71/290 area where i routinely drove between congress, 1st st, to lamar.  i saw a few women and children but only in the walmart parking lot pan handling.  never saw any under the overpass or walking about that area.

the vast majority were dudes or couples who were high and/or drunk.  

fuck the homeless.  they have no place here.  time to treat them like the roaches that they are.  and time to vote out the shitheads on the city counsel and the mayor who coddle and enable their bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

How do you treat roaches? 

An old friend of mine who was in law school at UT use to hold contests in his apartment. Each contestant could put a roach motel anywhere in his apartment. The one who caught the most at the end of two weeks, would win a prize of his choosing.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

i worked downtown for 4 years where i drove by the arch every weekday, i NEVER saw women and children.  i worked south in the 71/290 area where i routinely drove between congress, 1st st, to lamar.  i saw a few women and children but only in the walmart parking lot pan handling.  never saw any under the overpass or walking about that area.

the vast majority were dudes or couples who were high and/or drunk.  

fuck the homeless.  they have no place here.  time to treat them like the roaches that they are.  and time to vote out the shitheads on the city counsel and the mayor who coddle and enable their bullshit.

Maybe you should leave.

Well it is kind of interesting.  De-insitutionalization was in full effect by the 80s and the "dragworm" problem was much less than it is today, in Austin and elsewhere.

Maybe this has something to do with it. Economic decline, incarceration, and mortality from drug use disorders in the USA between 1983 and 2014: an observational analysis

• Like 1

Demographically in my experience those experiencing chronic homelessness are more likely to be African American and over 50 (thats anecdotal from work on Trucks and definitely representative of we see at the village at an average age of 55 and 25% African American). However there are definitely significant numbers of young people (age 20 - 35) experiencing homelessness (roughly 15% of the village) and most people overall are effectively unaccompanied (not very much in the "parent/child" or true established relationships although that happens on a small scale

Crash_davis is your favorite movie The Purge? Do you have any other populations you would find convenient to eradicate for your utopian version of Austin? Just taking notes...

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

all I know is I’d definitely bang the blonde panhandling at 2222 and mopac.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

An old friend of mine who was in law school at UT use to hold contests in his apartment. Each contestant could put a roach motel anywhere in his apartment. The one who caught the most at the end of two weeks, would win a prize of his choosing.

More like an odd friend, amirite?