Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

31 minutes ago, demos said:

Voted for every thing except Kitchen’s race, since she didn’t have an opponent. Now there’s talk about her running for mayor.

There's not talk of, she is running for mayor.  And you would vomit if you knew how much support she has already soft-circled.  I categorically blame you fucking wanna-be progressive shits for brain members of her district.  Goddamn, you're not noble.  We all want to help the homeless, keep Austin great and weird, get single-driver cars off the road, etc.  You are not fucking original.  She is not the answer.  She is not an administrative leader.  She's a Karen.  

Go fuck yourselves, you fucking children..  

KVUE doing a great job of sensationalizing every encounter to drive up hatred of the homeless. They’re doing the same things they’ve always done. The media just sees an opportunity to sell a few ad clicks now.

And fuck a bunch of Mayor Kitchen. That would be the worst. Really hoping Jimmy or someone out of the business community is the next mayor.

• Like 1

Went to Juan in a Million for breakfast this morning (not to brag). Going back to 35 on Caesar Chavez, and at the soup kitchen, there was a young strung out white dude who clearly scored something earlier in the morning was screaming at any and everyone withing 50 feet of him about something. Started walking towards my truck and was grateful the light turned green before it got weird (or deadly). 

But every life is precious, y'know. 

6 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Went to Juan in a Million for breakfast this morning (not to brag). Going back to 35 on Caesar Chavez, and at the soup kitchen, there was a young strung out white dude who clearly scored something earlier in the morning was screaming at any and everyone withing 50 feet of him about something. Started walking towards my truck and was grateful the light turned green before it got weird (or deadly). 

But every life is precious, y'know. 

Did you cross post this on Nextdoor?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately this is just another circumstance created by the fact that we don't really "help" people with mental issues. Lots of them become homeless and they just end up getting arrested and spending time in jail, which i guess gets them out of our hair but costs us a lot of money and doesn't really help them out with the whole being crazy thing.

I mean seriously, what are you supposed to do with them? A lot of them need to be in the looney bin tbh.

58 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Unfortunately this is just another circumstance created by the fact that we don't really "help" people with mental issues. Lots of them become homeless and they just end up getting arrested and spending time in jail, which i guess gets them out of our hair but costs us a lot of money and doesn't really help them out with the whole being crazy thing.

I mean seriously, what are you supposed to do with them? A lot of them need to be in the looney bin tbh.

who let you out of the kitchen?

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

When I go to Austin in a couple of weeks and walk around DT,  will I have to hurdle over the homeless while dodging the mindless riding around on scooters?  Should I take some old shoes in case I step on some  human excrement?

No one goes downtown anymore. It’s too crowded.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:33 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

When I go to Austin in a couple of weeks and walk around DT,  will I have to hurdle over the homeless while dodging the mindless riding around on scooters?  Should I take some old shoes in case I step on some  human excrement?

Did you say hurdle the homeless!?  You can jump the homeless professionally on a skateboard.
1107-jumped-homeless.jpg?quality=0.8

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

There’s no way those bags are plastic, are they?

That's how cynical city leadership has us.  Instead of wondering how effective this could be, my mind wanders to, "Are those bags compostable like my trader joe ones?"  

Always the sign of a city on the rise when your disposal signage has an organic apple and smart water bottle right next to a syringe and foot-long knife.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a wildlife strongbox for campsites just painted purple.  Are there bears or mountain lions living under Ben White they haven't told us about?  

Plus, if you're fucked up enough...that sign looks like it's telling you that there are leftover drugs in that box.  $50 says one of those is cracked open by this time next week.  

Fuck it. Austin should set up violet trash bins promising free drugs & money for inserting violet trash bag waste into these bins.

If people are stupid enough to fall for warrant round up schemes, they will fall for schemes promising free drugs & money for dumping their violet shit bags in designated violet trash bins.

9 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Fuck it. Austin should set up violet trash bins promising free drugs & money for inserting violet trash bag waste into these bins.

If people are stupid enough to fall for warrant round up schemes, they will fall for schemes promising free drugs & money for dumping their violet shit bags in designated violet trash bins.

There goes the UT greek system.

one of those replies said those violet bags will be used to carry around all their stuff in about an hour.....I thought good maybe the contractors will grab those bags of stuff and throw it out thinking it is trash....because really it all is trash anyway so what is the difference

maybe this is a trap!

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I give it 30 days before a homeless dude smothers another homeless person to death with one of those bags.

I'll give it 20 days before a homeless dude begins wearing one as permanent clothing.

City Council weighed in and said you cannot spread e.coli by putting your dirty fingers or mouth into a Blue Bell ice cream container.  But you and 3000 of your closest friends can shit directly into barton springs and aquifer recharge zones until your ears bleed.  Just be sure to place your soiled toilet tissue in one of the conveniently provided violet bags and dispose of them in the clearly marked boxes around town for your hygienic convenience.  Make Austin Grey Again. 

Thank You for visiting Austin, the City of the Violet Crown (poop bag).  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Has the city council addressed the impact the homeless have on the aquifers (e.coli, etc.)?

All I know is: 1) dat shit flows downstream from me, and 2) I wouldn't buy any Texas rice for a few years.

Edited by phdhorn