Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

38 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I liked another comment where an RVer said now they have a way to get rid of their trash

Hell, they could dump their grey water on the sidewalk and proclaim “Shitter’s full!” 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Has the city council addressed the impact the homeless have on the aquifers (e.coli, etc.)?

there’s a goddamn typhus outbreak in los angeles right now because of the street urchins.  filthy fucking parasites.  typhus is some goddamn medieval shit. 

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

there’s a goddamn typhus outbreak in los angeles right now because of the street urchins.  filthy fucking parasites.  typhus is some goddamn medieval shit. 

Link?  I believe you, but that almost sounds like some sensationalist shit from the business community churned up .

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Violet?  Purple isn't good enough for Austin's highfalutin homeless?

That's the fucking inside joke from Council.  no conspiracy theory, no sarcasm.  None of that.  

There's a reason we have the Violet Crown Trail, the Violet Crown Festival in North-Central neighborhoods.  The nickname "City of the Violet Crown".  

This is their fucking laugh in the face of the very people who went along with these policies and initiatives.  But the progressive Austinites who trip over one another to prove who cares more about the homelessness cause...they literally are too thick to see it. 

I actually applaud Ann Kitchen on this.  She's a lot of things, but she ain't without a sense of humor.  Do some research you fucking children, purple is one of the more hazardous colors to make when it comes to plastic dyes.  It's impossible some of you are this stupid.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's the fucking inside joke from Council.  no conspiracy theory, no sarcasm.  None of that.  

There's a reason we have the Violet Crown Trail, the Violet Crown Festival in North-Central neighborhoods.  The nickname "City of the Violet Crown".  

This is their fucking laugh in the face of the very people who went along with these policies and initiatives.  But the progressive Austinites who trip over one another to prove who cares more about the homelessness cause...they literally are too thick to see it. 

I actually applaud Ann Kitchen on this.  She's a lot of things, but she ain't without a sense of humor.  Do some research you fucking children, purple is one of the more hazardous colors to make when it comes to plastic dyes.  It's impossible some of you are this stupid.  

Ironically purple is also the accepted color for marking “no trespassing”.   

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Found this..

Typhus Epidemic Worsens in Los Angeles | NBC Southern California
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Typhus-Epidemic-Worsens-in-Los-Angeles-505166301.html

Article had this quote.

"You can't solve it (the typhus epidemic) until you hit the cause," says Estela Lopez of the Downtown Industrial Business Improvement District, "and the cause of it is that you still have these mountains of trash."

No, the cause it whatever is causing the mountain of trash.

21 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Article had this quote.

"You can't solve it (the typhus epidemic) until you hit the cause," says Estela Lopez of the Downtown Industrial Business Improvement District, "and the cause of it is that you still have these mountains of trash."

No, the cause it whatever is causing the mountain of trash.

Estelllllaaaaaaaa

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/politics/what-mayor-adler-learned-about-homelessness-on-his-la-seattle-tour/269-b5f82b51-9b4d-450f-8765-3e6e7411b749

What Mayor Adler learned about homelessness on his LA, Seattle tour

Steve Adler traveled to two West Coast cities to learn about what’s working and what isn’t when it comes to addressing homelessness.

so let’s go to the places where it is the most fucked up to take notes. 

He would have been better off driving his ass to San Antonio, but that’s a shitty vacation. 

Brown-nosing his Woke Coast heroes is a dream come true. He’s submitted his application. 
Edited by ChickenSandwich

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, crash_davis said:

"hold on one second while i switch the phone to my left hand so that i can dole out justice to a peace of shit leech."

3 seconds later.

"ok, you there, so like i was saying..."

I support equal rights for the homeless.  

And equal lefts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two homeless guys in the middle of North Lamar, attempting to fight. Had traffic stopped. One guy trying to stab the other with some sort of metal rod. I called 911 to get someone out there to get them off the road. My dash cam should have caught it. I will try to upload it. Good times.

27 minutes ago, demos said:

You called the cops? You heartless monster.

Well, it's his fault.  Having a job, he provoked both of these gentlemen to justified bouts of outrage by not having one.  It's the least he could do.

Just now, phdhorn said:

Well, it's his fault.  Having a job, he provoked both of these gentlemen to justified bouts of outrage by not having one.  It's the least he could do.

Yep. Police came out and cited me for disturbing the homeless, and told me to expect a sternly written letter from the city council. Lesson learned.

Letting them battle it out is the compassionate thing to do.  Filming them so as to ascertain their identity and then deploy the proper services to their needs is the cold-hearted thing to do.  

Well, in the "you can't make this shit up" (pun intended, I mean, can it get more perfect?) department, here's a map from 2 months ago where residents reported shit on the streets in San Francisco:
D4yNJVEWwAAB1bp.png
Granted this is a too-high slow curve, but I mean, really... apropos gonna apropos... Yeah it's over an 8 year span but why do I believe that many locations have had, let's say, their fill of multiple applications which would total, oh, about six feet of it if it were stacked together.  So yeah, it evens out, really...

I can't find a poop map of Austin but I assume we have a long, long way to go to get to this level of achievement.  But hope springs eternal..

Edited by phdhorn