impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Y'all, I don't understand political strategy that well so excuse me if it is mega obvious. But why did they not go for bribery in the articles of impeachment?

Was it because that was not so completely provable since not all the witnesses and information was available now and they would have had to have waited for the courts? What about the obstruction in the Mueller report? Was that so they could make it super easy and to not confuse people? 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm not watching, someone fill me in on Schiff's mic drop and what made Aqua so hard

Here's the mic drop I referenced, but he's been on fire all day.  There's a long segment where he quotes an eerily timely Hamilton quote, too.  I think Mother Jones has that on their Twitter feed.

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Y'all, I don't understand political strategy that well so excuse me if it is mega obvious. But why did they not go for bribery in the articles of impeachment?

Was it because that was not so completely provable since not all the witnesses and information was available now and they would have had to have waited for the courts? What about the obstruction in the Mueller report? Was that so they could make it super easy and to not confuse people? 

Yes

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I confess that by not adding the obstruction stuff from Mueller, it gives the Republicans some right to beat them on the head about that but ultimately, it was probably the smart thing to do. It gives the republicans a good talking point but not a significant one.  

There's still some options left to add that during the senate trial, who knows? 

3 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Pressed the wrong button

3 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Ha and it’s gone...

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

LMFAO at one Republican accidentally doing the right thing, realizing it, and correcting himself.

God damn Rs are such fucking complete and absolute dipshits.  How do you possibly fuck that up?