impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

14 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Unreal. Biden’s son can take home $1m a year from a Ukrainian company he knows nothing about...but our president acts like the CEO of a company with leverage in cutting deals and this shit happens?

I look forward to another four years with Trump.

Run to another country if you want to pay everyone else’s bills including your own and want to try hard to not work but get paid.

Complete bullshit.

Sounds like you need to run back home to Mother Russia and Daddy Putin.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Sorry they hurt your feelings, snowflake.

I know this is a liberal driven thread. I’m just curious as to how many liberal representatives got anything done these past three years besides achieving today’s goal. Work for your state and the country. The infatuation you have with our president and wanting him out for anything you can scrape up is laughable. 

The only feelings that will be hurt are yours in 2020. The clown show of everyone can get anything for free is over. You’ll have to realize that someday big boy. Unless you are like the majority of dems who don’t give a shit where their money and taxes go as long as they are “helping” someone.

GTFO.

• Fuck You 17

17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Unreal. Biden’s son can take home $1m a year from a Ukrainian company he knows nothing about...but our president acts like the CEO of a company with leverage in cutting deals and this shit happens?

Run to another country if you want to pay everyone else’s bills including your own and want to try hard to not work but get paid.

Complete bullshit.

How do you feel about Trump's kids benefiting directly from THE PRESIDENT'S office? You know, the corruption in OUR country?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I know this is a liberal driven thread. I’m just curious as to how many liberal representatives got anything done these past three years besides achieving today’s goal. Work for your state and the country. The infatuation you have with our president and wanting him out for anything you can scrape up is laughable. 

Considering the house was with Team R until January 2019, not sure where the three years come from.  But keep up the good fight.

As an aside; maybe you can answer this. Why the fuck didn't anyone in the Republican Party give a shit about Hunter Biden in 2017 and 18?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:
LOL. I’ll see your tears in 2020!
Clown.

Hey fyi. You've got some Cheeto dust on the right side of your mouth, you should probably wipe it away before going down on the President again.

Have fun with your putt-putt golf victory.

See you next year! Bringing Biden? 

LOL

• Fuck You 10

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Complete bullshit.

So you're stupid.  Noted.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I’m just curious as to how many liberal representatives got anything done these past three years besides achieving today’s goal. Work for your state and the country.

They've worked plenty hard. The House passed almost 400 bills this session and the vast majority (~80%) are just sitting on McConnell's desk, because he refuses to put them up for a vote. You might want to be looking to blame the turtled do-nothing Senate instead.

• Like 7

Have fun with your putt-putt golf victory.
See you next year! Bringing Biden? 

LOL

They could bring Beelzebub and I'd vote for him in 2020. I'll admit I fucked up buying into the anyone but Hilary and I voted for Trump in 2016.

He's a crook, a liar, a narcissist, a traitor, a rapist, a Communist, a weak representative of a man and one ugly orange fat man.

The republican party is dead.
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Complete bullshit.

I always enjoy when people who clearly have no idea what a CEO does, try to tell us that "he's just acting like a CEO!" 

Maybe he meant this CEO

Or perhaps this CEO

Or maybe this one

Those examples are also cases where leverage was used to cut deals - - the only pesky problem being that said leverage and use of such was illegal. 

So in short, I'd be real careful with the use of the word "leverage", particularly if you're accepting that the President used Congressionally approved funds as leverage to prompt the investigation of a political rival. That's what you're accepting, yes? 

• Like 8

I always enjoy when people who clearly have no idea what a CEO does, try to tell us that "he's just acting like a CEO!" 
Maybe he meant this CEO
Or perhaps this CEO
Or maybe this one
Those examples are also cases where leverage was used to cut deals - - the only pesky problem being that said leverage and use of such was illegal. 
So in short, I'd be real careful with the use of the word "leverage", particularly if you're accepting that the President used Congressionally approved funds as leverage to prompt the investigation of a political rival. That's what you're accepting, yes? 

Maybe when you’ve been a CEO for many years you know?

This thread is a clown show. Keep telling yourselves this is really “cool” what happened today! What victory did you get?

Orange slices...sorry...forgot.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 14

8 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Which I don't understand. If I was the republican Senate, I'd draw it out to keep any senator in the race having to stay in DC instead of out on the campaign trail.

Depends on who you want to be the nominee and if you really believe it would have significant influence on the Democratic Primary.  Both are debatable.  

Also, drawing out a Senate trial could hurt Trump more politically because he would literally be on trial.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

This thread is a clown show. Keep telling yourselves this is really “cool” what happened today! What victory did you get?

Good answer. Very thorough. 

Nothing about what happened today is cool, and I certainly didn't state that. But I did ask you a question. 

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So....Republicans throw Trump under the bus and they get Pence to replace him.  That means that 10 years from now, people like me might be willing to at least consider voting for a Republican again.  Instead, they blatantly and without any shame, lie.  Do they think they are going to be able to neutralize those of us who could be on the fence from election to election somehow, do they think there aren't going to be elections, or are they just so short sighted that they don't realize that there are 2-3 generations worth of people who will never, ever, vote for another Republican because of the bullshit mess they are making today?  I truly don't get it, unless like Hayden suggests up thread, all these motherfuckers getting paid, and they know Trump knows where the bodies are buried.

they know that the fix is in and that the outcome of the upcoming election is already determined.  of course every single one of them is going to jump on the side of the winner, when they already know who that is going to be.

do people actually think that Republicans are going to let Trump be voted out of office, under any circumstances? no matter how many people actually vote against him?  that won’t matter.  

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Depends on who you want to be the nominee and if you really believe it would have significant influence on the Democratic Primary.  Both are debatable.  

Also, drawing out a Senate trial could hurt Trump more politically because he would literally be on trial.  

Maybe, he's pretty grating to people. He's also not on the screen all the time like he'll be on trial.

It'll be interesting which will break first. I don't think he'll be thrown out, but if he keeps track he might be voted out.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You mean like all that time and money wasted on endless Benghazi inquiries years ago?  Or were you cheering on that wasted time/money?

Or the golf outings, the limo rides from Turnbury, the bailouts to farmers, who only need  bailouts because of the stupid trade war he started, etc, etc, etc

Yeah, that's why y'all want to build a $20 billion wall to protect us from Central American women who want to come here and bus tables.
And  that's why y'all have spent trillions of dollars on a War on Drugs to lock up 15-year-old brown people in a for-profit prison system to make sure weed isn't available to your white kids in their private schools (Narrator: it still is).
You're completely full of shit on every possible level.  You don't give a fuck about money.  You only care that your boy is in trouble.  You don't even care that he actually did everything he's accused of.
Shame on all of you.

Wow. You really just don’t get it. Bringing up the wall now.

That’s so 2016. Read and learn on national security and border issues and get back with me.

I don’t think you leave your front door open all day do you? Anyone can come into your house at any time? Any day?

Ok cool. Hook ‘em.
  • Fuck You 13

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

That’s so 2016. Read and learn on national security and border issues and get back with me.

I don’t think you leave your front door open all day do you? Anyone can come into your house at any time? Any day?

Since my home is a republic built by immigrants and there's a big statue out front that literally invites immigrants into my home to forge a better life here, that's a good analogy.  You may not be as dumb as I thought.

Edited by TexArcher

19 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

You probably need to have this explained to you in terms that you can understand:

Right now, you're behaving like an OU fan circa 1987-88, celebrating another hollow RRS victory by that sleazy sumbitch Switzer leading a team filled with felonious thugs. If that's the situation you want to defend (because it is), you should probably go tailgate elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

The only feelings that will be hurt are yours in 2020. The clown show of everyone can get anything for free is over. You’ll have to realize that someday big boy. Unless you are like the majority of dems who don’t give a shit where their money and taxes go as long as they are “helping” someone.

GTFO.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977735/how-many-bills-passed-house-democrats-trump

35 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

You clock in and out at work and pay $.13 on the dollar in taxes.

You probably need to have this explained to you in terms that you can understand:
Right now, you're behaving like an OU fan circa 1987-88, celebrating another hollow RRS victory by that sleazy sumbitch Switzer leading a team filled with felonious thugs. If that's the situation you want to defend (because it is), you should probably go tailgate elsewhere.

Are you hearing things you don’t like? Sorry, not sorry.
  • Fuck You 5