CWS

Cairn Horn88

L’ville ties it in the bot of 9th with 

walk, pickoff gets away advances to 2nd.  Single scores the runner, and hitter advances on throw to plate.  Safe at plate when catcher drops ball.  Next hitter singles in winning run.

MSU 48-0 when leading after 8

L’ville 1-8 when trailing after 8

FINAL: 4-3 L’ville

L’ville trailed 3-0 and score 4 to win.  3 of the first 4 teams eliminated are from secsec!

not sure if L’ville can beat Vandy, but after tonight....maybe they can!

Great game!

Edited by Cairn Horn88

36 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Who fucking gives a shit how the SEC did/does? Jesus, the hate on here is almost as bad as the rimjob ESPN gives the conference.

I have to heat that SEC shit nearly 24/7.  You’re damn right I hate it. Fuck ben baby & the Dallas Morning News re: this topic as well.

6 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Who fucking gives a shit how the SEC did/does? Jesus, the hate on here is almost as bad as the rimjob ESPN gives the conference.

Just gets old as fuck being told how inferior the other conferences are when the selection committee defers to the SEC in such a bullshit fashion, as well.

The evidence on the field as that the other conferences play good fucking baseball too.  No Conference should have 10 goddamned teams in a field of 64.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Just gets old as fuck being told how inferior the other conferences are when the selection committee defers to the SEC in such a bullshit fashion, as well.

The evidence on the field as that the other conferences play good fucking baseball too.  No Conference should have 10 goddamned teams in a field of 64.

And half the national seeds when the Big XII can't even get two.  The hatred of the SEC isn't personal, it's business.  Accept it Homesick and just enjoy the fact that you are in a conference that get's every advantage.  At everybody else's expense.  

• Like 2

SEC baseball was good competition/tradition before Aggy. I fail to see how Aggy can co opt that tradition without contributing in some way other than being eliminated on a Big 12 Conference field every year. 

They've got no skin in the game. No equity of any significance to justify their allegiance. How about just watch the fucking games and see how it’s done. 

Michigan and Vandy have rested bullpens. Vandy especially has the advantage after Louisville having to play over a couple of days and not having a day off before today's game. But as we know anything can happen. 

Not sure what the records are for teams needing to win two games to get the the championship series and not impossible obviously but bullpen depth is going to be huge obviously.

Tech used Two pitchers in Wed night’s game.  That was following 48 hours between games. As far as bullpens go, this pretty close to a normal Friday night going into a weekend series.

To your point, though,  going 2-0 will leave no margin for error.  It’s tougher from that side of the bracket, but i’m not sure I agree that fatigue of pitching staff is that big of a factor.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tech used Two pitchers in Wed night’s game.  That was following 48 hours between games. As far as bullpens go, this pretty close to a normal Friday night going into a weekend series.

To your point, though,  going 2-0 will leave no margin for error.  It’s tougher from that side of the bracket, but i’m not sure I agree that fatigue of pitching staff is that big of a factor.

No doubt and to your point Vandy has a much bigger advantage than does Michigan. 

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The only stat I could find was 12 teams in the 72 double elimination CWS formats have won it all after losing game 1. 17%

So the same chance as Russian Roulette...lolz.  

11 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Fair enough, but I was referring to everyone piling on the hate. We get it, the SEC is hated, turn the page.

How can we possibly move on when we’re told every year that the SEC is in a different tier than every other conference in football and baseball, yet they fail to prove that when push comes to shove and they have to play a good team from another conference. 

• Like 2

How can we possibly move on when we’re told every year that the SEC is in a different tier than every other conference in football and baseball, yet they fail to prove that when push comes to shove and they have to play a good team from another conference. 

Please answer this Homesick so we can all find a way to get over our unfounded obsession.

25 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Please answer this Homesick so we can all find a way to get over our unfounded obsession.

i don't think Homesick is being defensive about it.

If SEC fan wants to see it go away( questionable at best)  then it needs to start with them bitching about the shenanigans as much as everyone else.

I had no idea State and Vandy hadn't played all season... and Tech-Okie Lite get matched up for 3 reg season games and a Super that limits the Big XII to 1 berth in Omaha.  That's the kind of bullshit that pisses people off.  Okie Lite would almost certainly have contended strongly in any other Super.

13 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Again I don't hate the SEC or its non-Arkansas schools. I dislike how their 6th place team gets a Regional Host while conference champions from other leagues go on the road. That is all about the selection committee and how they overvalue that league.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

I don't know if he's being defensive, obtuse, or just trolling, but if he can't understand why we all hope all SEC teams lose, he hasn't been paying attention the past 10 years.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Again I don't hate the SEC or its non-Arkansas schools. I dislike how their 6th place team gets a Regional Host while conference champions from other leagues go on the road. That is all about the selection committee and how they overvalue that league.

This has been going on for decades.  The SEC, and even the ACC, have been given extra benefit by hosting more regionals, which ensures they get more teams into the supers, and consequently more teams to Omaha.  Meanwhile, all of the good teams west of the Mississippi are forced to fight it out by being funneled through fewer regionals which obviously limits the number of them that can reach the supers, and ultimately Omaha.  It's complete crap, and shit like this year will only serve to make it worse.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I like homesickhorn and I like Ole Miss (coeds).  But if he really has a problem with hearing the justifiable backlash against the SEC, then this might not be the message board for him.  Indeed, anything outside of SECrant might not be the message board for him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

With Mich up 2-1 and Tech with runners at the corners, hitter bunts ball back to pitcher, who tries to get runner at the plate, but is safe. A check swing single brings in 3rd run.

B 2:  3-2  Tech   Looks like a lot of back and forth scoring before this "gem" is decided.

Edited by Cairn Horn88