CWS

Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.  It's crazy looking at the past champs list to see not one team other than Oregon State come from  north of an area if you drew a line from northern California to Washington DC.   I mean you have to go back to 1976 to see a team from north of that line Eastern Michigan even playing in the championship game and that was way before the best of three series for the 'ship.    And the last time a team from the Big 10 won the 'ship was Ohio State in 1966.  

https://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1

So Go Big Blue!    Especially if you play the SEC! SEC SEC! rep.  

I believe Bob Welch was on that team.

13 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Don't think Mich-i-gun has a chance but it sure would be badass if they won

Feel like people said that in their regional, in their super, against Tech in game 1...even before Tech the 2nd time

On 6/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, BERT said:

Did msudawg OD on his own misery? Don't think i've seen him post since last night, but maybe i overlooked it. 

Nope... honestly I didn't even get to watch and find out what happened until friday night. Thursday was my birthday... I was off work... and at Peticolas brewing in Dallas for a giveback thursday event raising money for Operation Valor, the nonprofit I work with...(we raised over $650 btw) and having a good time.. I saw the 7th and then the 8th.. and then got called into an emergency work situation (because what's better than saving the works ass when you are about 10 dukes or peach ales in on the day... didn't get home till 2am, then had to go back up on my day off to fix shit before work started.. well problems arose and had to battle those. left work at 1pm, got home and passed out till 9pm. Birthday dinner with the wife.. then came home to finally figure out just wtf happened.. I didn't go to any sites at all till I watched the game. 

Yes we lost. it's a lose that hits me harder likely more than any other men's game in our recent history. we just didn't get the job done. 

and it sucks. bad. 

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

At least you're not aggy.

Isn't it amazing that every P5 school can say this except Northwestern?  Literally, all of them have finished in the top 4 of the three major sports at some point since WW2.  And NW is a bunch of brains, aggy is... not.  At least aggy won WW2 for us.  So there's that. 

Edit: And tech who they are SOOO much better than them just did it twice...in the same year.  LULZ

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

If Michigan is going to win the series, they're going to have to pitch someone that hasn't pitched yet.  Kauffman has already gone twice.  Henry is likely done after today.  Criswell likely has some innings in him, but they'll need to find a couple other guys (at least).