CWS

Cairn Horn88

As a Michigan alum, all I have to say is, wow, I remember now, I'm a Michigan alum.

But I think I like Michigan's calm, easygoing approach.  Not a lot of rah-rah emotion but man they are exceptionally solid in the fundies.  I'd kind of like to see 'em vs. Vandy, mostly because those seem to be the 2 best teams.  Will be rooting for Vandy to put Louisville away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eh.  Next year Texas will put you back in your place and resume our rightful seat in Omaha.

But... you'll always have 2019. ;)

Edit: PS, great season, tough ending, best of luck next year aside from games against Texas of course.

Hell, y’all beat us THIS year.  

56 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Don't talk shit, won't be shit.    Man, put me in the "Never in my life would have had Michigan even sniffing the CWS when we found out they were heading to LA" camp.

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

• Like 1

Swept LSU this year, too.  Man that seems like a lifetime ago.
Looking forward to some great series between our teams in the future.  

We only swept two conference mates in a 3 game conf series, Florida and aggy. We won quite a few conference 2 out of 3’s, but I’m completely content with our sweep in college station. That’s all I’ve got, because my eight year old son got to see that happen.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Augustus said:

Destined.  Michigan just looks destined.

Yep.  It's crazy looking at the past champs list to see not one team other than Oregon State come from  north of an area if you drew a line from northern California to Washington DC.   I mean you have to go back to 1976 to see a team from north of that line Eastern Michigan even playing in the championship game and that was way before the best of three series for the 'ship.    And the last time a team from the Big 10 won the 'ship was Ohio State in 1966.  

https://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1

So Go Big Blue!    Especially if you play the SEC! SEC SEC! rep.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

18 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

I can understand wanting to let your guy finish what he started but that was the worst cast of going to the pen two batters too late I've ever seen.

You see your guy flip his shit like that and don’t immediately go to whatever the fuck you have for a closer?

Especially at that pitch count?   

17 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Not entirely, that Vandy batter had been giving him shit for awhile, and Louisville pitcher got a little animated. I’m okay with it, even though it was more than a tad premature, and ended up biting him/them in the ass.

Not saying the Vandy guy is innocent at all - just can't lose your cool like that.  And if you do at that count, take his ass out.  He did great to get there.  I don't know L'ville's pitching situation, maybe they had nobody.  Either way, a shitty look.  

• Like 2