Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

Gotta love message boards...

A lot of "what I am hearing" and "my sources tell me".....

Give me a fucking break. None of you know jack shit about what is going on.

First of all making an Elite 8 or Final Four run this year (yeah right) requires us actually making the tournament field which means winning tonight.

A very poor possibility in my mind.

Firing Shaka and hiring Beard would probably cost us up to and maybe more than $20 million.

I promise you that ain't happening and the only source I need is me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Saying Austin "reeks of . . . exhaust fumes and traffic" is tautological, bro.

Funny.  I suppose an old boy could very well make that case, though I would tend to view exhaust and traffic as two separate issues.  You've got your actual backed up cars issues impeding one's ability to move, and then the ensuing issue of unpleasant exhaust fumes.  Definitely related though.

Been on message boards now for 20 years or something.  I don't recall anyone ever using tautological in a post previously!  Kudos to you.  An all-time first.

19 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Fuck off with that bullshit false equivalency. A few parts of Austin, specifically areas around 6th Street smell like transient piss. Right by I35 and Mopac, Austin may smell like exhaust fumes. 

ALL of Lubbock smells like cow shit. 

giphy.gif 

Is the section of town where your junior high is located okay?

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Fuck off with that bullshit false equivalency. A few parts of Austin, specifically areas around 6th Street smell like transient piss. Right by I35 and Mopac, Austin may smell like exhaust fumes. 

ALL of Lubbock smells like cow shit. 

giphy.gif 

I’m not a fan of Lubbock;  it’s a place to drive through on the way to Colorado.

It’s flat and ugly, but never noticed a lot of cow shit smell there, however (though I know they have stockyards).   Dalhart, on the other hand.....

57 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

I’m not a fan of Lubbock;  it’s a place to drive through on the way to Colorado.

It’s flat and ugly, but never noticed a lot of cow shit smell there, however (though I know they have stockyards).   Dalhart, on the other hand.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lubbock/comments/2obp5y/why_does_it_smell_like_cow_shit/

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Lubbock-feedlot-tries-to-corral-that-cattle-odor-1936592.php

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g56208-d4742699-r314070363-Holiday_Inn_Express_Lubbock_South-Lubbock_Texas.html

Nice enough if you don't mind the cow manure smell outside

Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile 

The building, dining area and rooms were clean. The staff was competent and friendly. Breakfast was below standard. The eggs may have been powdered and the coffee was cold. We ate there only one morning and grabbed bananas the other days. Certainly acceptable hotel.

Edited by suddenly shaggy

2 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Funny.  I suppose an old boy could very well make that case, though I would tend to view exhaust and traffic as two separate issues.  You've got your actual backed up cars issues impeding one's ability to move, and then the ensuing issue of unpleasant exhaust fumes.  Definitely related though.

Been on message boards now for 20 years or something.  I don't recall anyone ever using tautological in a post previously!  Kudos to you.  An all-time first.

I tautologicaled your mom last night.

17 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Not doubting you at all, just never smelled it.  Never stayed anywhere other than at the Embassy Suites there on a few trips, and it was not noticeable.

trust me, I’m not defending Lubbock.

3 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Pay attention please, you haven't seen me post the first thing about Lubbock being better or not being "that bad".  Merely, to each his own as there are those who prefer it, which is true.

No, Austin doesn't reek of cow shit, only transient piss, exhaust fumes and traffic as I mentioned earlier.  Not an Austin slam in the least, every city has its negatives.  It's really pretty simple.

Yes NYC is too crowded, people are rude, weather sucks, yet eliminate COL and family, most people would rather live there.

33 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Too funny, some here are so desperate they're posting old hotel reviews and 15 year old newspaper articles.

And the stockyard smell is far from a daily occurance if it helps anybody's feelings.

The your mom posts are always the best.  I suppose it's the creativity.

24 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Not doubting you at all, just never smelled it.  Never stayed anywhere other than at the Embassy Suites there on a few trips, and it was not noticeable.

trust me, I’m not defending Lubbock.

It depends the direction the wind is blowing. There is a giant feedlot SE of town right off 84. If the wind is blowing from the east, Lubbock smells like pigmeat posts.  

2 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Too funny, some here are so desperate they're posting old hotel reviews and 15 year old newspaper articles.

And the stockyard smell is far from a daily occurance if it helps anybody's feelings.

The your mom posts are always the best.  I suppose it's the creativity.

So it doesn’t smell like cow shit every single day? Well then, how often does it smell like cow shit?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

It depends the direction the wind is blowing. There is a giant feedlot SE of town right off 84. If the wind is blowing from the east, Lubbock smells like pigmeat posts.  

Come on, post some more 14 year old newspaper articles to try and make a point that doesn't even matter.  My dad can beat up your dad.  No, you're not too desperate.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

The biggest argument you can make against Shaka at this point is Coleman's development. He shouldn't be that bad. 

Look at every guy who gets a full offseason under Shaka. Coleman, Sims, DO, Hamm’s fucking terrible, Eric Davis and Young were horrible in their second years.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

To those worried about attrition if Shaka is canned, can anyone watch the last row games and honestly tell me that any of these guys actually wants to keep playing for Shaka?

This team knows he’s ass, my dude.

Just keep 2/3 out of Baker, Kai Jones and Williams in the recruiting class and it's a win. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Just keep 2/3 out of Baker, Kai Jones and Williams in the recruiting class and it's a win. 

Baker ain’t going elsewhere so it’s really just 1 out of 2. If we get a reputable coach, I bet we keep em both.

Ramey would be the only guy I’d really worry about, but at least the coach of his other top school at the time is coaching in Greece.

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic