Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

One last disappointment to end this pathetic season.  Here’s s metric: 0-3 against Radford, VCU, and Providence at home. Go an unacceptable 2-1 in those games and we probably get in. What a fucking fraud.

don't forget jawja. Even on the road we should have steamrolled them

49 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

One more year with this fraud coach.  Texas really screwed up hiring him.

Please say this isn’t true. One can’t over emphasize how Smart and Strong shat on the pride of their respective programs. Couple of true losers 

Rick Barnes made the tourney 16 out of 17 seasons as HC. Shaka has made it 2 out of 4 with a losing season and a .500 season. An interim AD had no business giving that fraud a lengthy and lucrative extension.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Here’s a fun game. What would Texas’ record be with a good coach. I’m thinking 23-12, with a loss in the Big 12 championship to whoever, and a 5 or 6 seed. Instead we gots NIT.

Clearly, just go game by game over the season and you can easily add at least 5 more wins if we had a coach who just defined player roles more concretely. I'm not even arguing tactical changes. A more disciplined team wins at Okla St, Radford, Providence, VCU, and at Georgia. A good coach would allow us to split games with Baylor and probably get one more against KU or OU which would get us to your 23-12 mark. This team shouldve easily been in the tournament field with just a competent coach who doesn't waste a million possessions a game with 20% shooters jacking up 3s. 

• Like 3

I'll preface this comment with the acknowledgement that UT is much more of a "baseball school" than a "basketball school" . . . but did y'all see the attendance #'s for Disch-Falk this weekend?  We topped our record for attendance at a home 3-game series.

I don't think too many of those in attendance are convinced we are going to breeze into Omaha and blow everyone out.  

That said, it's pretty clear UT fans will turn out for sports other than football if we just field a tough team with better than average D1 talent that isn't coached by a FUCKING MORON.

Pardon my French.

• Like 5

its a good thing we are a baseball and football school.  CDC can decide to try to make us a basketball school by firing this fraud.  and I'm pissed at Rick Barnes for giving that dumbass Patterson a reason to fire him by starting to coast.  

20 minutes ago, Chad said:

Rick Barnes made the tourney 16 out of 17 seasons as HC. Shaka has made it 2 out of 4 with a losing season and a .500 season. An interim AD had no business giving that fraud a lengthy and lucrative extension.

He made the tournament though!!! What an accomplishment!!! The extension was all about optics. 

His predecessor was 100x the coach he was. Please fire him or the school will lose more in donations and garbage attendance than they would even save. 

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

All those Texas teams made it in ...

Including OUsux

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

One last disappointment to end this pathetic season.  Here’s s metric: 0-3 against Radford, VCU, and Providence at home. Go an unacceptable 2-1 in those games and we probably get in. What a fucking fraud.

This.  

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I don't know a thing about South Dakota State, but I'm guessing they're really good at free throws. 

They have one of the best small-school players in the country, Mike Daum.

As a college basketball fan it's a shame they didn't win the Summit tournament; they could easily throw a scare into a good team in the Dance.

22 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He made the tournament though!!! What an accomplishment!!! The extension was all about optics. 

His predecessor was 100x the coach he was. Please fire him or the school will lose more in donations and garbage attendance than they would even save. 

Can we not do the revisionist history around Rick Barnes his last few years? Texas basketball was flat out bad his last couple years, and if you watch our tournament game against Butler we had trouble getting the ball past half court, his time in Austin was clearly over. Shaka sucks, and Rick is doing a great job now, but don't pretend Rick was great in his last couple years.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Can we not do the revisionist history around Rick Barnes his last few years? Texas basketball was flat out bad his last couple years, and if you watch our tournament game against Butler we had trouble getting the ball past half court, his time in Austin was clearly over. Shaka sucks, and Rick is doing a great job now, but don't pretend Rick was great in his last couple years.

I never said that

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'll preface this comment with the acknowledgement that UT is much more of a "baseball school" than a "basketball school" . . . but did y'all see the attendance #'s for Disch-Falk this weekend?  We topped our record for attendance at a home 3-game series.

I don't think too many of those in attendance are convinced we are going to breeze into Omaha and blow everyone out.  

That said, it's pretty clear UT fans will turn out for sports other than football if we just field a tough team with better than average D1 talent that isn't coached by a FUCKING MORON.

Pardon my French.

Valid stuff.  Both LSU and Tech travel well for their baseball teams  so that added to those higher weekend high attendance numbers for both series.

Great baseball series vs Tech..... Horns won 2 of 3🤘   

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Is this some kind of Power Ranking?

I saw this earlier and thought that these were scores from some games, or predicted scores...

Basically I had no fucking clue what I was looking at.

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Is this some kind of Power Ranking?

I saw this earlier and thought that these were scores from some games, or predicted scores...

Basically I had no fucking clue what I was looking at.

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

KenPom is one of the most popular predictive ratings systems in college basketball. Its efficiency metrics adjust for pace, opponent, and location.

https://kenpom.com/

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

I attended that Butler game. Probably the ugliest basketball game I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Much like these recent games with Shaka all we had to do to win was be 0.000001% better than completely and totally shitty. Yet we couldn’t do that.

Edited by MotownHorn

3 hours ago, Teryor said:

Don't forget losing to Houston in the fucking CBI, whatever the fuck that is. I think that was 2013. Barnes ran his course here. Regardless what he's doing in Tennessee this year. Or last year (although he has his usual flame out in round 2). Mack Brown ran his course here as well. Even as bad as Strong was, it was much needed to move on from both Mack and Barnes. Now we need to move on from Shaka. He's been nothing but terrible. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Is there really any such thing as a baseball school? Obviously we've been successful in baseball, but a "baseball school"??? What the fuck does that even mean? Are we a swimming school too? 

Yes we are a swimming school in that the 14 men’s championships carry weight in the swimming community.

Being successful in one sport doesn’t preclude success in another. See UF.

Until the The biddings wars and lopsided contracts for the major “revenue” sports coaches stops spinning out of control we will be stuck with loser millionaires as lame ducks.

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic