The West's huge migrant crisis

SmokeyBear1861

Just now, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Have you ever gone though a no-go Sharia controlled zone?

lulz. no, because that is a myth. 

when i go to london, i stay in whitechapel, which is in tower hamlets, home of the largest number of muslims in the city. i feel less safe over at liverpool station when the pubs close than i do in whitechapel. 

and i've been all over europe to where these no-go zones are supposed to exist. they do not exist, you simpleton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2018 at 4:12 PM, hayden_horn said:

lulz. no, because that is a myth. 

when i go to london, i stay in whitechapel, which is in tower hamlets, home of the largest number of muslims in the city. i feel less safe over at liverpool station when the pubs close than i do in whitechapel. 

and i've been all over europe to where these no-go zones are supposed to exist. they do not exist, you simpleton.

Clearly you've never been to Le Figaro

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Canada recently and it struck me how judgy the Canadians are regarding immigration, especially considering it's not exactly easy to emigrate their and they have zero countries bordering them that as a general rule view Canada as a better alternative* that they country they live and are trying to come over in droves. If Mexico bordered them to the south and not us, how could anyone argue they'd not be screaming a different tune?

*I might consider living there depending on the financial analysis of my take home/disposable after the absurd taxes and weak conversion rate.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aPeFA_1525215785

German Toddler beheaded by Islamist 12.04.2018 in Hamburg

A 33-year-old suspect from Niger, Mourtala Madou (https://www.facebook.com/madou.mourtala), beheaded, his little daughter in front of many people and another child of the wife on Thursday morning April 12, 2018.

In Germany they try to keep the incident off the internet and television. 

There was no TV Channel reporting about that incident.
A few months ago, a new law on censorship was initiated called #NetzDG.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/world/europe/migrants-merkel-kurz-austria.html?action=click&contentCollection=world&contentPlacement=5&module=package&pgtype=sectionfront&region=rank&rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fworld&version=highlights

European leaders are finally coming to the realization that millions of Muslims and Africans with little schooling possessing values fundamentally at odds with that of the West pose a grave risk to their countries. Legitimate asylum seekers are one thing, economic vagrants who end up scamming generous welfare states strain resources and create a backlash that allows for populists to come to power. Open borders are bad for America and bad for Europe. Nations have every right to protect the ethnic, religious and linguistic composition of their countries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/world/europe/migrants-merkel-kurz-austria.html?action=click&contentCollection=world&contentPlacement=5&module=package&pgtype=sectionfront&region=rank&rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fworld&version=highlights

European leaders are finally coming to the realization that millions of Muslims and Africans with little schooling possessing values fundamentally at odds with that of the West pose a grave risk to their countries. Legitimate asylum seekers are one thing, economic vagrants who end up scamming generous welfare states strain resources and create a backlash that allows for populists to come to power. Open borders are bad for America and bad for Europe. Nations have every right to protect the ethnic, religious and linguistic composition of their countries.

And that's how you make terrorists, kids.

11 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Article and commentary do not match.

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Article and commentary do not match.

The commentary is mine good sir. The source Brian Fantana is a child of immigrants whose parents ASSIMILATED INTO THIS FUCKING COUNTRY. My Mom would never wear a disgusting hijab and we never thought we could blithely go about as if we were rabid Muslim peasants in some shitty village in Iran. This issue is one that gets me hot and bothered. If you want to wear a hijab, don't fucking move to the US. That'd be one of my immigration policies. Two of my greatest heroes, Ataturk and Shah Reza Pahlavi forcibly had the chadors and hijab removed from women in their streets to help bring their backward countries to modernity. France and Kemalist Turkey with strict secular government is what I looked up to. Denmark gets it with their new laws in trying to get these illiterate Muslims to assimilate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/world/europe/denmark-immigrant-ghettos.html

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

The commentary is mine good sir. The source Brian Fantana is a child of immigrants whose parents ASSIMILATED INTO THIS FUCKING COUNTRY. My Mom would never wear a disgusting hijab and we never thought we could blithely go about as if we were rabid Muslim peasants in some shitty village in Iran. This issue is one that gets me hot and bothered. If you want to wear a hijab, don't fucking move to the US. That'd be one of my immigration policies. Two of my greatest heroes, Ataturk and Shah Reza Pahlavi forcibly had the chadors and hijab removed from women in their streets to help bring their backward countries to modernity. France and Kemalist Turkey with strict secular government is what I looked up to. Denmark gets it with their new laws in trying to get these illiterate Muslims to assimilate.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/world/europe/denmark-immigrant-ghettos.html

“Right now, facts don’t matter so much, it’s only feelings,” she said. “This is the dangerous part of it.”

New CR motto?

On 7/6/2018 at 1:45 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

The commentary is mine good sir.

Yes. I know.

The article is about how people are pointlessly fearful about unseen menaces and your idiot commentary is that it's actually good to be scared of ghosts.

https://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/trudeaus-holier-than-thou-tweet-causes-migrant-crisis-now-he-needs-to-fix-what-he-started

Before the tweet, border officials prevented 315 people a month from illegally crossing the border. Post-tweet in 2017, about 18,149 illegally crossed the border, then claimed asylum as refugees — even after entering illegally — and were allowed to stay, get welfare, education, housing, healthcare and work permits. By May 2018, the number of refugee cases pending has jumped to 54,906 from 18,348 in December 2016. That’s the population of Grande Prairie, Alberta or Granby, Quebec.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

https://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/trudeaus-holier-than-thou-tweet-causes-migrant-crisis-now-he-needs-to-fix-what-he-started

Before the tweet, border officials prevented 315 people a month from illegally crossing the border. Post-tweet in 2017, about 18,149 illegally crossed the border, then claimed asylum as refugees — even after entering illegally — and were allowed to stay, get welfare, education, housing, healthcare and work permits. By May 2018, the number of refugee cases pending has jumped to 54,906 from 18,348 in December 2016. That’s the population of Grande Prairie, Alberta or Granby, Quebec.

The US should just send busses down to all illegal border crossing areas with some neon signs welcoming them in, then have those busses drive straight to the Canadian border to have them dropped off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I was in Canada recently and it struck me how judgy the Canadians are regarding immigration, especially considering it's not exactly easy to emigrate their and they have zero countries bordering them that as a general rule view Canada as a better alternative* that they country they live and are trying to come over in droves. If Mexico bordered them to the south and not us, how could anyone argue they'd not be screaming a different tune?

*I might consider living there depending on the financial analysis of my take home/disposable after the absurd taxes and weak conversion rate.

The idea that they take everyone is absurd. They do screen, and rightfully so.  If they accept you, for example, they run the risk of letting in too many xenophobes. 

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You can’t read if you think I said they take everyone. In fact, that’s the main point which their hypocrisy hinges upon; they are difficult to emigrate to yet decry America for being mean.

Because we are mean. We dont have to take everyone either. Few are even suggesting that we should. We should process and accept/reject people in a humane manner. 

Do you think Canada puts people in cages and takes nursing infants away from their mothers while they are being processed?

And for sure, Canada should reject your application for residence since you espouse anti-Canadian viewpoints on immigration and economics. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You can’t read if you think I said they take everyone. In fact, that’s the main point which their hypocrisy hinges upon; they are difficult to emigrate to yet decry America for being mean.

They'd reject you for not knowing the difference between there/their in your OP.

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

More funny is, wait for it, *more* than acceptable. https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/240847/can-i-say-more-funny-or-most-funny-instead-of-funnier-or-funniest

And aren't you the resident pedant? LOL

No, the comparative form of funny is funnier, your finding a site that references other people incorrectly using more funny doesn't make it right, it just means other people have screwed up before you.

Don't worry, someday the language will evolve to match incorrect usage just like it always does. It just hasn't yet in this case.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:30 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

http://www.papermag.com/denmark-muslim-immigrants-assimilation-classes1-2583501122.html

Denmark to Muslim Immigrants: Assimilate or Risk Punishment

A bunch of racists.  It's not like the occasional rape or beheading is that big a problem. It's all part of being a progressive society

On 7/16/2018 at 7:12 AM, Parliament said:

My aunt who has worked in Canada for 35 years and is retirement age now qualifies for only $450 a month in government retirement benefits while some undeducted Muslim migrant hostile to Western values are bilking the Canadian system for $1,500 a month in government handouts. Shit like that has Canadians rightfully bitching. This is the type of bullshit that out of touch progressives and holier than thous don’t get. The US and Canada can’t accomodate every unskilled, uneducated fool that wants to come here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

My aunt who has worked in Canada for 35 years and is retirement age now qualifies for only $450 a month in government retirement benefits while some undeducted Muslim migrant hostile to Western values are bilking the Canadian system for $1,500 a month in government handouts. Shit like that has Canadians rightfully bitching. This is the type of bullshit that out of touch progressives and holier than thous don’t get. The US and Canada can’t accomodate every unskilled, uneducated fool that wants to come here.

Didn't we let you in?

• Like 1

(JTA) — A 69-year-old Jewish man wearing a kippah was assaulted in Paris by a young Arab man who shouted about Allah and Hitler.

In Tuesday’s incident, the alleged assailant hit the Jewish man, pushed him to the ground and dragged him by his hair while shouting “Alla hu akbar, long live Hitler, death to the Jews,” the National Bureau for Vigilance Against Anti-Semitism, or BNVCA, wrote in a statement Wednesday. The call in Arabic means “Allah is the greatest.”

Police apprehended the suspected assailant, the report said. A police physician recommended transferring the suspect to a psychiatric institution for observation because he was in a “state of over-excitement,” according to the information received by BNVCA.

It was the third time this year that French police sent a man who displayed violent behavior toward Jews for psychiatric evaluation.

https://www.jta.org/2018/07/18/news-opinion/man-sent-psychiatric-review-allegedly-beating-jew-paris

-------------------------

He pulled a gun on the passengers on the bus to the coastal city of Travemunde but did not shoot anyone, a witness told Lubeck News.

A witness said: One of the victims offered his place to an elderly women when the man stabbed him in the chest. It was carnage."

Another named Lothar, 87, said: "The passengers jumped out of the bus screaming, it was terrible, and then the injured were taken away."

Police confirmed the suspect, a 34-year-old Iranian man who was not born in Germany, was put in police custody.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6827751/lubeck-knifeman-attack-passenger-killed-bus-germany/

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - 

Danish prosecutors on Tuesday charged an imam with calling for the killing of Jews in the first case of its kind in the Nordic nation and which sparked political outrage. 

Imam Mundhir Abdallah, who preaches in the Copenhagen neighbourhood of Norrebro at the Masjid Al-Faruq mosque, which media have linked to radical Islam, is accused of citing a hadith or koranic narrative calling for Muslims to rise up against Jews. 

"Judgement Day will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them," Abdallah said in a Facebook and YouTube video post in March. 

"These are serious statements and I think it's right for the court to now have an opportunity to assess the case," public prosecutor Eva Ronne said in a statement. 

This is the first time the prosecution has raised such charges under a criminal code introduced January 1 2017 on religious preaching. 

Ronne said it's legal to quote religious books like the Koran and the Bible, but that inciting or welcoming the killings of people could be punishable by up to three years in prison.

"It has always been illegal to accept killings of a certain group of people, but it's new for us to target hate preachers," she added.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180724-danish-imam-charged-over-call-kill-jews

Cry me river with that video. Maybe those migrants should have thought about getting an education and having marketable skills from the shitholes they are coming from. Maybe then they’d qualify to immigrate to a wealthy country. Thank God for borders. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Seems like landmines would be very effective here. 

In abstract, I can laugh at the thought, but in reality, seeing disenfranchised peoples looking for a better situation is understandable...

But I also empathise with these nations that wish to keep these peoples out as well, as it can be a danger to the community, and the economy as well...

33 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Cry me river with that video. Maybe those migrants should have thought about getting an education and having marketable skills from the shitholes they are coming from. Maybe then they’d qualify to immigrate to a wealthy country. Thank God for borders. 

Except in the case of your ancestors, of course. 

3 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

In abstract, I can laugh at the thought, but in reality, seeing disenfranchised peoples looking for a better situation is understandable...

But I also empathise with these nations that wish to keep these peoples out as well, as it can be a danger to the community, and the economy as well...

Oh, I completely agree with you. I've had several lengthy conversations with Horn Under a Bad Sign, who has spent many years working with disenfranchised peoples around the world, including some of the worst refugee camps you can imagine.  It's far more complicated than Iconoclast Texan, who seems to think in platitudes, understands.  I chortled when I read his comment about getting an education and a marketable skills. 

I was simply saying that if the Spanish were completely serious about stopping the refugees from trying to enter,  watching one of your fellow refugees get blown to tiny bits might make you think twice about trying to make the crossing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Oh, I completely agree with you. I've had several lengthy conversations with Horn Under a Bad Sign, who has spent many years working with disenfranchised peoples around the world, including some of the worst refugee camps you can imagine.  It's far more complicated than Iconoclast Texan, who seems to think in platitudes, understands.  I chortled when I read his comment about getting an education and a marketable skills. 

I was simply saying that if the Spanish were completely serious about stopping the refugees from trying to enter,  watching one of your fellow refugees get blown to tiny bits might make you think twice about trying to make the crossing. 

Yep, that would damn sure end that as a prospective route pretty fast..!  (I'm sure it would be on a smaller scale than this):

Edited by kopp0e

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was trying out an Iranian Johnny Sack persona. Doesn’t really fit.

16 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

potential for a gang-bang porno

European slaves[edit]

Muslims also enslaved Europeans. According to Robert Davis, between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured between the 16th and 19th centuries by Barbary corsairs, who were vassals of the Ottoman Empire, and sold as slaves.[22][23][24] These slaves were captured mainly from seaside villages from Italy, Spain, ]]Portugal]] and also from more distant places like France or England, the Netherlands, Ireland and even Iceland. They were also taken from ships stopped by the pirates.[25]

The effects of these attacks were devastating: France, England, and Spain each lost thousands of ships. Long stretches of the Spanish and Italian coasts were almost completely abandoned by their inhabitants, because of frequent pirate attacks. Pirate raids discouraged settlement along the coast until the 19th century.[26][27]

Periodic Muslim raiding expeditions were sent from Islamic Iberia to ravage the Christian Iberian kingdoms, bringing back slaves. In a raid against Lisbon in 1189, for example, the Almohad Berber Muslim caliph, Abu Yusuf Yaqub al-Mansur, took 3,000 female and child captives, while his governor of Córdoba, in a subsequent attack upon Silves in 1191, took 3,000 Christian slaves.[28]

Reminded me of this. We've come a long way, baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

• 3 weeks later...

tragicly stupid, naive.  don't go looking for nice when there is danger abounding:

"Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans."

An idealistic young American couple was killed in an Islamic State-claimed terrorist attack last month while on a cycling trip around the world. 

Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, both 29, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey. Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they're were wasting their lives working. 

"I’ve grown tired of spending the best hours of my day in front of a glowing rectangle, of coloring the best years of my life in swaths of grey and beige,” Austin wrote on his blog before he quit. “I’ve missed too many sunsets while my back was turned. Too many thunderstorms went unwatched, too many gentle breezes unnoticed.”

The couple documented their year-long journey on Instagram and on a joint blog. As The New York Times put it, they shared "the openheartedness they wanted to embody and the acts of kindness reciprocated by strangers."

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. 

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."

“I don’t buy it," he continued. "Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

However, Austin and Geoghegan's dream trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, weak state with a known terrorist threat that shares a border with Afghanistan, where ISIS and other terrorist groups are highly active. They were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them, according to CBS News. Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands. 

Clearly we don't want actual members of ISIS or ISIS supporters  to emigrate to the West.  How do you tell the intentions of someone who is an adherent of their beliefs, in the extreme?  

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the group's black flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill "disbelievers," according to The New York Times. 

Sad people.  Are they mentally disabled, angered turned crazy, or just extremist?  

We need to keep them out of the country.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1824-millennial-couple-bikes-near-isis-territory-to-prove-humans-are-kind-and-gets-killed

Over 100 African migrants forced their way into the Spanish territory of Ceuta on Wednesday after storming a barbed-wire border fence with Morocco and attacking police with caustic quicklime, a local official said.

In the second assault on the Spanish border in a month, seven police officers were lightly injured when migrants threw quicklime and battery acid as they tried to scale the fence, a spokesman for the Spanish government's representative in Ceuta told AFP, adding that some 115 migrants managed to enter the tiny territory.

An undetermined number of migrants were also injured in the assault on the border.

Images published by local newspaper El Faro de Ceuta showed bare-chested African migrants celebrating their arrival in Ceuta, many with bloody cuts to their hands.

Some waved Spanish or European Union flags as they made their way to a temporary migrant accommodation centre.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/22/100-migrants-storm-border-spanish-enclave-throwing-battery-acid/