Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Other Good Stuff

Seasick Sailor

Wonder if it was the vaccine/testing or the masks? I could see getting annoyed as the pavilion about masks given that it is outdoors. But whatever, fuck them

Fuck them for not being able to implement the massive measures in 48hrs to check everyone before they enter an outdoor venue? OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, stc said:

seems a little out of character for him to be shitting on other artists who are in the exact same position he was 10 years ago. comes off a little high and mighty, not a good look imo. 

It's absolutely 100% in character.  Broussard came at Isbell, not the other way around, implied Isbell is an "elitist", "bourgois" (without knowing what the fuck that word means even when spelled correctly), etc.

Isbell has every right to protect himself, his band, his crew, and to whatever extent possible, the venue staff and his crowd.  I'm surprised anyone is surprised that he came out swinging.  You do realize he's a recovering lifelong bar-hopping drunk, right?  Do you seriously think he's never gotten in a scrape or a hundred?

Fuck Marc Broussard.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's absolutely 100% in character.  Broussard came at Isbell, not the other way around, implied Isbell is an "elitist", "bourgois" (without knowing what the fuck that word means even when spelled correctly), etc.

Isbell has every right to protect himself, his band, his crew, and to whatever extent possible, the venue staff and his crowd.  I'm surprised anyone is surprised that he came out swinging.  You do realize he's a recovering lifelong bar-hopping drunk, right?  Do you seriously think he's never gotten in a scrape or a hundred?

Fuck Marc Broussard.

Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.

BTW, that fuckface Broussard, whoever he is, is a fucking moron.  In that thread, he said he'd never ask a fan to get tested, because if they tested positive, they would have to miss work.  Seriously, the motherfucker would prefer that sick people go into the job to infect others.  He's a fucknut and I hope he gets COVID and his lungs fall out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I definitely see how it would be difficult to implement changes like this quickly.  That said, if ACL Live could announce on Thursday for a Saturday show, I'm sure Cynthia Woods could have done it.  Even if they weren't notified immediately (which I doubt), I would think they would assume it would be the same case for them.  At least, they would have put in a call to the Isbell people last Thursday when they heard about Austin to check in.  That would have given them a week.  

I'm an Isbell and vaccine fan, so I am biased, but it seems with any sort of brain cells they would have known they would need to implement changes a week in advance.  If they wanted to, of course.

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

BTW, that fuckface Broussard, whoever he is, is a fucking moron.  In that thread, he said he'd never ask a fan to get tested, because if they tested positive, they would have to miss work.  Seriously, the motherfucker would prefer that sick people go into the job to infect others.  He's a fucknut and I hope he gets COVID and his lungs fall out. 

Stern, but fair.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PW119 said:

Fuck them for not being able to implement the massive measures in 48hrs to check everyone before they enter an outdoor venue? OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i strongly suspect that the 48 hours is bullshit, and any sizable live music venue that is caught flat footed after over a year of this bullshit should run their shit better. But it is a soft "fuck them" because it would be a challenge, yes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Whooaaaaa.

Been looking forward to hearing this since I saw it listed as one of the tracks a few weeks back.

There have been some absolute dogshit covers on this upcoming Metallica project. This is not one of them.

hard to say it better than above:

“Kept true to the original, but totally made the sound his own.  I dig it alot.”

Sounds like a classic Metallica song and a classic Stapleton song. Very well done

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

Extremely disappointed that the Cynthia Woods show didn't happen, but I'm 10,000% in Isbell's corner. I had my vax card ready to go and it would've been the first show the wife and I had seen in 2 years. With so many behind us and so few ahead, the cancellation hit us a lot harder than I expected

I'll just put put the Southeastern vinyl on again and enjoy it with some liquor and my dog. Seems more fitting that way, really

Checked in to this thread a while back after listening to Sturgill's first two albums (the 3rd definitely didn't stick with me..... yet), but gave Tyler Childers' "Purgatory" (2017) album a listen after hearing Sturgill help produce it, and I liked that too. Definitely going to check out the 2019 project. I like his writing. 

2 "newer" (for me) country artists I like after a decade or more of ignoring the genre. Good stuff. 

This guy gets it...

Luke Hunter
@luckydoghunter
·
1h
Replying to
@CBSThisMorning
and
@JasonIsbell
Are we all going to skip right past the thing that makes him brilliant? There is nothing protecting us from loneliness in the constitution. That should be a lyric somewhere

49 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

I cried

funny you say that.  got really fucking dusty in the truck when one in the saddle, one on the ground came on.  and now my first time listening to played out. 

you know what i dont want from sturgill, a song that makes me think about my dog dying but goddamn if its not excellent.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was listening to Tyler Childers and came across OurVinyl, which has a lot of really cool performances.  This is Tyler's set:

Through that, I also came across this woman, Morgan Wade.  Sounds awesome and really raw:

"My mind likes to talk about everything I'm not, and even worse, everything I am."  is just a killer line.

I listened to her debut album and it's....fine?  The videos with just her and a guitar are great though.

• Hook 'Em 3