2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

the Texans the only team in the playoffs who had more points scored against than for in the regular season

Ravens +249

Patriots +195

SF +169

Chiefs +143

Saints +117

Vikings +104

Titans +71

GB +63

Bills +55

Eagles +31

Seahawks +7

Texans - 7

Interestingly, Cowboys were +113

Edited by yoladu

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

the Texans the only team in the playoffs who had more points score against than for in the regular season

Ravens +249

Patriots +195

SF +169

Chiefs +143

Saints +117

Vikings +104

Titans +71

GB +63

Bills +55

Eagles +31

Seahawks +7

Texans - 7

Interestingly, Cowboys were +113

This just shows how critical BOB is to the Texans' success.  A more mediocre coach would have lost all those close games the Texans won.  

I don't know why they bother showing Will Fuller in that video.  He probably tweeked his hammy and groin just watching it. 

As far as tomorrow goes, I have no idea what to expect.  They are probably the more talented team overall, but I have no faith that they will come to play tomorrow after this jekyll and hyde season.  I hope the formula holds true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gale Snoats said:

Heading down for the game today from Austin. We got tickets off of stubhub but don’t have any kind of parking pass. Any thoughts on parking? Are there pay lots close that don’t require a pass? Have pretty young kids so will pay whatever - just want to get as close as possible.

https://stadiumparkingguides.com/nrg-stadium-parking/

That's the best map I could find of the cash lots nearby NRG.  It looks like you'll be walking a bit regardless of what you pay. 

1 hour ago, Gale Snoats said:

Heading down for the game today from Austin. We got tickets off of stubhub but don’t have any kind of parking pass. Any thoughts on parking? Are there pay lots close that don’t require a pass? Have pretty young kids so will pay whatever - just want to get as close as possible.

Take the train. Kids will enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, Gale Snoats said:

I always have success grabbing some curb or a relatively inexpensive garage in the museum district, and then hopping the train. It’s effortless. Would definitely recommend.  

13 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What real Texan fan is expected Fuller to play today?

It’s past time to move on.

Hopefully Stills and the two TEs can hold it down.

He's not dead. It was reasonable to hope he could make it back but sure, you're the #1 fan.

22 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What real Texan fan is expected Fuller to play today?

It’s past time to move on.

Hopefully Stills and the two TEs can hold it down.

The Texan exercised the $10mm 5th year option for Fuller in 2020 last spring.  I’m torn on what to do with him after that. I think he’s good when healthy. I’m leaning on buying low. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The Texan exercised the $10mm 5th year option for Fuller in 2020 last spring.  I’m torn on what to do with him after that. I think he’s good when healthy. I’m leaning on buying low. 

Man, I think you trade him and get what you can out of the sunk cost. Maybe you can get a late 2nd/early 3rd for him.

Stats suggest he’s great when healthy. Completely changes the effectiveness of the offense.

Classic case of head vs heart for me.

Head: without Fuller, safety rotations can be delayed, making Deshaun hang on to the ball too long against zone defenses. We doomed.

Heart: Deshaun is the MJ of football. JJ gonna give us one more epic run before his body quits.