So, our defense is garbage

hayden_horn

ha hello friend

orlando professes a defense that needs negative plays. he played the first quarter like that with blitzes on 1st and 2nd down. and it worked

then he played 3 quarters with blitzes only on 3rd down (at least it sure seemed like that to me). and a 3 man line with occasional 4th and maybe 5th blitzers. you never say 6 rushing until 3rd down. 

you can't play the defense he wants with no pressure on 1st and 2nd down. its completely against what he claims he is. makes no fucking sense. none. 

Edited by staboner
  • Like 5

Burrow will play on Sundays and probably 2 if not all 3 of his WRs. He made insane NFL caliber throws , threads the needle. The passing attack reminded me of Goff a few years ago. Nothing can be done really.

This LSU team is special. The best passign attack i've ever seen from the Tigers. They'll win all games, injury free, except @  Bama.  They are legit top 4 team ine country.  11-1 for LSU. 

for years we said, why can't LSU get a good QB?? Well, this is the best they've ever had.   Glad he's a SR, that gives UT a shot next year at Baton Rouge.

• Like 5

spacer.png

spacer.png

^^^ HELP WANTED!  todd orlando needs to EXIT TEXAS!  the so-called defensive coordinator was continuously OUT-COACHED... OUT-CLASSED by lsu's ARANDA!  we are hereby sick and tired of constantly witnessing your DISASTROUS... POROUS... NON-CONDITIONED DEFENSES at TEXAS!  just go!

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 27

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Burrow will play on Sundays and probably 2 if not all 3 of his WRs. He made insane NFL caliber throws , threads the needle. The passing attack reminded me of Goff a few years ago. Nothing can be done really.

This LSU team is special. The best passign attack i've ever seen from the Tigers. They'll win all games, injury free, except @  Bama.  They are legit top 4 team ine country.  11-1 for LSU. 

for years we said, why can't LSU get a good QB?? Well, this is the best they've ever had.   Glad he's a SR, that gives UT a shot next year at Baton Rouge.

Have to agree, Burrow was throwing some really accurate throws and picked up apart, receivers catching everything

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

The frustrating thing was the d-line played reasonably well. They couldn't run the ball effectively so it's not like we had to commit bodies to stop the run. It seemed like Orlando was afraid to adjust his play calling due to a threat that wasn't there.

It was maddening that we'd bring three, drop 8, and there'd be a WR just fucking wide open within 3 seconds. The film is gonna be even worse than it looked live.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I posted this in another thread, but I think our secondary under performing is becoming a pattern. This happened last week too - we flood the field with DB's and yet receivers routinely find open space.

Those DBU shirts need to go. This group of DB's has not earned the right to wear them.

• Like 2

It's not a talent problem. There are few DBs that can just overcome whatever scheme is played in front of them and do their thing regardless. I'm talking about the Deion types. When you know you've recruited well at the position and still have problems.... well all 4 or 5 or 6 or however deep we go, didn't all become talentless all of a sudden. either not being taught proper technique (which is crucial for the position) or playing a scheme that they shouldn't be.

I truly, truly dislike the 3-3-5 

• Like 2

Both team's DBs got torched. 

People wanted to downplay it but losing the experience in the secondary and especially at corner hurts a ton this early in the careers of their replacements. Just like Boyd and Davis came around and became damn good corners either experience this same group will too. It's only their 2nd game of real starting experience and it was the first legit team they played. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, naija said:

It's not a talent problem. There are few DBs that can just overcome whatever scheme is played in front of them and do their thing regardless. I'm talking about the Deion types. When you know you've recruited well at the position and still have problems.... well all 4 or 5 or 6 or however deep we go, didn't all become talentless all of a sudden. either not being taught proper technique (which is crucial for the position) or playing a scheme that they shouldn't be.

The talent problem is on the DL. Plus, while we’ve recruited well at DB, all those guys are only second or first years. 

We have some serious personnel issues on the defense. It’s not just Orlando’s scheme.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The talent problem is on the DL. Plus, while we’ve recruited well at DB, all those guys are only second or first years. 

We have some serious personnel issues on the defense. It’s not just Orlando’s scheme.

I am not an Xs And Os guy but Orlando systems doesn’t seem to be able to generate any pressure on the line that doesn’t come from a LB DB.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Member when everyone said losing all those defensive starters wouldn’t matter at all cause they sucked? I member.

That was me. And we had similar problems last year with those guys.

I will take my chances with the new guys.

Edited by Valmy77

We played a top 5 team with a very good QB and 3 NFL WRs.  We played well in spurts but could not get off on 3rd downs.  That killed us tonight.  In today’s college football, good defenses no longer exist.  LSU probably has 8 NFL players on their defense starting and gave up 38 points.  Does their defense suck too?  

I get it, this loss sucks.  The frustrating part is that we could have easily won this game if it weren’t for a few dropped passes or 1-2 3rd down stops.  But let’s not go full retard.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

This is fuckin stupid. 

You think we have a talented DL?

35 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am not an Xs And Os guy but Orlando systems doesn’t seem to be able to generate any pressure on the line that doesn’t come from a LB DB.

It’s 3 DL plus a B-backer. Not drastically different than a 4 man DL. That worked at UH, but we don’t have much talent at those 4 spots to generate consistent pass rush, so we either blitz extra or give the QB all day. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, naija said:

I used to dislike it too but in general i can understand why it is employed. and with the talent we happen to have i can even more understand

i think where Orlando failed tonight was half assing his pressure. Burrow was on fire. So you get that and you adjust. You either send 3 or 4, or 7. you have to go for broke IMO. and you have to do it unpredictably and on downs that aren't just 3rd down. that is where I think he failed here. hardly any negative plays or anything to disrupt the flow of their offense. 

get torched? sure. you will give up a big play here and there but at least maybe you don't gas your fucking D having them cover and fail at the same thing over and over again. 

just take the 10,000 ft view for a second. their QB is torching you - you either disrupt that or get torched slowly.  I can see the entire D staff trying to figure out how to get that 4th and 5th rusher into the pocket as the game wore on, not realizing that it didn't fucking matter. 

• Like 1