What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Imagine being president, and having to outdo Donald Trump in high crimes and misdemeanors to get impeached.  

Seem like Cal Ripken Jr. type record that will never be broken. 

Fuck, if we get a Dem president the Rs will have him/her impeached within a week for something completely made up.  And the Dems will have furrowed brows and the country will sink deeper into the mire.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fuck, if we get a Dem president the Rs will have him/her impeached within a week for something completely made up.  And the Dems will have furrowed brows and the country will sink deeper into the mire.  

That’s why whoever it is will be sure (s)he puts Beto in a prominent cabinet position. He’s taken the “I don’t give a fuck about manners, you motherfuckers aren’t getting away with this” role, and he’s great at it. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No worries. Republicans won't control the House until 2023 at the earliest.

None of this will matter. Trump got away with telling Lester Holt on live television he fired Comey because of the Russia thing. This will get bogged down in fights over executive privilege, Trump is really fighting the corruption of the “Biden Family” and is actually a hero, Trump can say what he wants to foreign leaders, etc. Best case scenario is he loses in 2020, some of the political fever passes, and he answers to charges then. Zero chance this resolved before the election. 

• Like 1

I find it hilarious that Joe Biden, whose peak effectiveness fell just short of that of Dan Quayle, is now being recast as some sort of Deep State mastermind.

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would be incredulous at the idea of floating such a thing.  Team Trump does it with no shame.

• Like 2

feel free to add to it--like they knew he was a criminal when he said he could shoot somebody....and grab 'em by the pussy....and it builds so much all the time that there's no way one person could remember it all.  I certainly can't.   

Hell, they didn’t just know it, they LIKED it.

17 minutes ago, Winona's Big Orange Bevo said:

“See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody’s couch like it’s something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. [short pause] Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie’s couch.”  - Rick James

Myself, I'm feeling more Charlie than Eddie these days.

• Like 1

If the whistleblower report is related to Rudy and/or Trump trying to leverage Ukraine into an investigation of the circumstances related to Hunter's work in Ukraine, Rudy going on CNN to talk about it should open the door to the whistleblower going public or at a minimum straight to the committee.  

• Like 3

I'm disappointed that it's just about the Ukraine/Biden shit. We already basically knew Trump was extorting them to manufacture some shit against him. Since nothing was ever going to be done about it regardless of what it was, I was hoping at least for something new that might be temporarily entertaining.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I'm disappointed that it's just about the Ukraine/Biden shit. We already basically knew Trump was extorting them to manufacture some shit against him. Since nothing was ever going to be done about it regardless of what it was, I was hoping at least for something new that might be temporarily entertaining.

Trump needs better lawyers to pull some real entertaining shit out of his hat.  Last cycle delivered pee pee tapes. Maybe there are some castaways from Perkins Coie that could step up and join his team.  

Explicit extortion by the President offering aid in exchange for an investigation into Biden’s son is a big fucking deal. 

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keef said:

None of this will matter. Trump got away with telling Lester Holt on live television he fired Comey because of the Russia thing. This will get bogged down in fights over executive privilege, Trump is really fighting the corruption of the “Biden Family” and is actually a hero, Trump can say what he wants to foreign leaders, etc. Best case scenario is he loses in 2020, some of the political fever passes, and he answers to charges then. Zero chance this resolved before the election. 

And zero chance he answers to any charges. 

Edited by housious
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

1/10 based on what we know

Me repeatedly refusing to accept reality:  Man, this is just too dumb.  I can't believe things are this dumb.  It can't possibly get any dumber.

Reality:  You're dumb.

Me:  Whatever.  You're not even real.

Reality:  Seriously, you shouldn't be allowed to use sharp utensils.  

• Like 3

That timeline thread I posted just above is kind of jaw dropping. Remember the Felix Sater/Michael Cohen/Artemenko Ukraine/WH "peace plan" ?  

Rudy does:

A WaPo investigative reporter last night described the Whistleblower report on Trump/Ukraine not as one or two incidents, but as a "tapestry" that is more of a continuos weave.  

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

That timeline thread I posted just above is kind of jaw dropping. Remember the Felix Sater/Michael Cohen/Artemenko Ukraine/WH "peace plan" ?  

Rudy does:

A WaPo investigative reporter last night described the Whistleblower report on Trump/Ukraine not as one or two incidents, but as a "tapestry" that is more of a continuos weave.  

also, and i realize i need to tighten my tin foil hat a bit, i think this is why trump felt most vindicated by the mueller report. because it mentions none of this malfeasance. it's why he says "no collusion" over and over and over again. because there was collusion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Who gives a shit? The Dem leadership sure doesn’t.

You know who'd give a thousand shits to keep the corrupt racket running as long as possible?  Hint: they're doing every last thing they can to cover it up and preserve it.  Senate.  DOJ.  SCOTUS.  You name it. 

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

also, and i realize i need to tighten my tin foil hat a bit, i think this is why trump felt most vindicated by the mueller report. because it mentions none of this malfeasance. it's why he says "no collusion" over and over and over again. because there was collusion.

Makes sense.  His only play is to avoid prison by staying in office indefinitely with a corrupt AG as his shield.  His best bet is to orchestrate the '16 Election  2.0.  Since Mueller didn't address that, he felt emboldened that he would survive, coordinate the next election attack with foreign powers, and continue to corruptly line his pockets by every means imaginable.

The sadist in me hope this shit drags out, with a slow peel of the onion and subsequent growing uproar.

Trump is gonna freak out in ways we haven't seen.  He'll get increasingly unhinged and eventually start trying to arrest Shiff, claim he'll never leave the White House, and who knows what else?  It will be the best drama Aaron Sorkin never even conceived of.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sadist in me hope this shit drags out, with a slow peel of the onion and subsequent growing uproar.

Trump is gonna freak out in ways we haven't seen.  He'll get increasingly unhinged and eventually start trying to arrest Shiff, claim he'll never leave the White House, and who knows what else?  It will be the best drama Aaron Sorkin never even conceived of.

LOL.   Just like the Russia investigation. 

Team Brisket.   

• Like 1

If the whistleblower report is related to Rudy and/or Trump trying to leverage Ukraine into an investigation of the circumstances related to Hunter's work in Ukraine, Rudy going on CNN to talk about it should open the door to the whistleblower going public or at a minimum straight to the committee.  

Actually a good point. If the President’s lawyer talks about it, then it’s not really classified any more

A lot of people dismissed Trump soliciting Russia's help swinging the election in 2016.  Too stupid to collude!  Now we have Giulliani saying he's solicited the same from the Ukraine for 2020.  I'm not the smartest observer here, but aren't multiple data points a trend?

Welcome to the new American democracy, komrades!

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, deech said:

LOL.   Just like the Russia investigation. 

Team Brisket.   

Yup. Where the fuck is Pelosi on this shit? She should be on tv pounding on a podium, accusing Trump of treason, and demanding his fucking resignation.  

The Dems won't do shit about it because they're too scared or don't want to. Move over @Brisketexan, I'm joining you on the ledge.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The dictionary subtweeting Giuliani 

A.G. Barr Accused of Covering Up Whistleblower Complaint about Trump

"...Schiff said the Justice Department had misinterpreted the law in blocking Maguire from disclosing the complaint.

Another Democratic member of the committee, Mike Quigley, was more direct, charging that Attorney General William Barr was seeking to protect the president.

“Mr. Barr and the Department of Justice’s job in their mind is to protect the president,” he told reporters. “And it doesn’t matter if that violates the laws.”

CNN said on Thursday both the White House and Justice Department were involved in advising Maguire not to give Congress a copy of the complaint.

Bill Barr is a more dangerous impediment to justice and the truth than Trump.  Good to hear House Intel Reps Schiff and Quigley going after Barr directly implying his role in possible misprision of a felony.  So fucking criminally corrupt.

Just now, triplehorn said:

"...Schiff said the Justice Department had misinterpreted the law in blocking Maguire from disclosing the complaint.

Another Democratic member of the committee, Mike Quigley, was more direct, charging that Attorney General William Barr was seeking to protect the president.

“Mr. Barr and the Department of Justice’s job in their mind is to protect the president,” he told reporters. “And it doesn’t matter if that violates the laws.”

CNN said on Thursday both the White House and Justice Department were involved in advising Maguire not to give Congress a copy of the complaint.

Bill Barr is a more dangerous impediment to justice and the truth than Trump.  Good to hear House Intel Reps Schiff and Quigley going after Barr directly implying his role in possible misprision of a felony.  So fucking criminally corrupt.

Articles of impeachment should have been drawn up against Barr as soon as this came out.  Instead, there's talk of a "court case," which will go nowhere.    I hope there's plenty of bourbon on brisket's ledge.

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It's a really good thing our Congress killed itself in exploring his prior history doing the same exact fucking thing before he was appointed as Attorney General.

• Like 1