2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

7 minutes ago, MoJames said:

For Dark Mode

Coaching Changes | Sourcing on the OC StuffBy: Super KPosted on: December 6, 2019

Just wanted to make a quick note here on some of the OC sourcing and why my own tone changed…

***Earlier in the week I mentioned that Texas would offer Harrell in the ballpark of a 2 million per year. But the tone of what I wrote read to most of you (and it was how intended) as still somewhat skeptical that Graham would take the job.

***My reason for the tone was two-fold. One, was as I mentioned, I had heard from a pretty reliable source that Harrell might be hesitant to coach with Herman. But I noted that the money could make the difference.

***The second was that I checked with a source inside the building at SC who seemed confident that Harrell would stay.

***Yesterday, my tone changed and I noted that I was hearing Harrell is more likely to go citing the money as the primary motivator.

***That was followed by some reports from the SC side that he is likely stay.

***I’ve dug around and it seems (and obviously I can’t be certain but I’m wagering an educated guess) that the feeling of confidence from the SC side is for the same reason I felt skeptical of Harrell leaving in the first place – specifically, that folks inside the building are getting the vibe from Harrell that he’s staying.

***In fact, one person I spoke with noted that he was recruiting all day yesterday.

***But as one Texas source said, “Do you expect him not to keep doing his job?”

***My best guess is that if all things are equal in terms of money, Harrell probably remains at USC and so I think what we are probably waiting on is what SC is going to do to counter Texas offer. How close SC needs to get to keep Harrell, I have no clue.

***I do also want to note that I’m trying to be as transparent as I can with you all through this process. I’m sure you can imagine how difficult it is trying to piece this all together when so much of what is going on is not only kept quiet but the parties involved are either deciding something inside their own minds and in the four walls of their homes or intentionally trying to keep everyone in play for leverage.

***So, I’ll continue to just pass on what I hear, as I hear it.

***Also, I’ll note that my original note on the offer made by Texas came from a source out in California (on the SC side) and I feel pretty confident in said source.

That’s probably the greatest piece of $9.95 content ever produce. It’s a masterpiece that belongs in the Louvre is what it is.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

TFB latest

Reveal hidden contents

Coaching Changes | Sourcing on the OC StuffBy: Super KPosted on: December 6, 2019

Just wanted to make a quick note here on some of the OC sourcing and why my own tone changed…

***Earlier in the week I mentioned that Texas would offer Harrell in the ballpark of a 2 million per year. But the tone of what I wrote read to most of you (and it was how intended) as still somewhat skeptical that Graham would take the job.

***My reason for the tone was two-fold. One, was as I mentioned, I had heard from a pretty reliable source that Harrell might be hesitant to coach with Herman. But I noted that the money could make the difference.

***The second was that I checked with a source inside the building at SC who seemed confident that Harrell would stay.

***Yesterday, my tone changed and I noted that I was hearing Harrell is more likely to go citing the money as the primary motivator.

***That was followed by some reports from the SC side that he is likely stay.

***I’ve dug around and it seems (and obviously I can’t be certain but I’m wagering an educated guess) that the feeling of confidence from the SC side is for the same reason I felt skeptical of Harrell leaving in the first place – specifically, that folks inside the building are getting the vibe from Harrell that he’s staying.

***In fact, one person I spoke with noted that he was recruiting all day yesterday.

***But as one Texas source said, “Do you expect him not to keep doing his job?”

***My best guess is that if all things are equal in terms of money, Harrell probably remains at USC and so I think what we are probably waiting on is what SC is going to do to counter Texas offer. How close SC needs to get to keep Harrell, I have no clue.

***I do also want to note that I’m trying to be as transparent as I can with you all through this process. I’m sure you can imagine how difficult it is trying to piece this all together when so much of what is going on is not only kept quiet but the parties involved are either deciding something inside their own minds and in the four walls of their homes or intentionally trying to keep everyone in play for leverage.

***So, I’ll continue to just pass on what I hear, as I hear it.

***Also, I’ll note that my original note on the offer made by Texas came from a source out in California (on the SC side) and I feel pretty confident in said source.

That actually makes me feel better because it's speculation on top of someone's perception about Harrell's "vibe".

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

SIAP - someone posted that Harrell's supposedly started following a bunch of Texas commits and targets on twitter ... can someone please confirm one way or the other?

Tex, skip the meeting - the Surl needs you  .... 

He's not coming to Texas and going to steal our commits/recruits?!

Image result for Our Pets Heads are falling off gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

SIAP - someone posted that Harrell's supposedly started following a bunch of Texas commits and targets on twitter ... can someone please confirm one way or the other?

Tex, skip the meeting - the Surl needs you  .... 

I don't see any of our players in his follows (or followers).  Unless you count J. Shepherd, who has put himself in the transfer portal.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't see any of our players in his follows (or followers).

Depends on how you classify Javonne Shepherd.

He's followed a small number of mostly '21 recruits/targets, which makes sense if he's helping recruit HS players from Texas for USC

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

***Also, I was told that Georgia was a staff Herman was looking at in his DC search. I know the Texas staff has visited Georgia to learn about their recruiting process.

After exhaustive research in Georgia, they came back with an answer:

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Welp almost 5 cst on Friday. Doubt we hear anything today and not confident we will hear anything this weekend. Here's hoping Tuesday next week is full of information.

giphy.gif

Oh, I'm SURE it's because Mensa is waiting til after the Pac game tonight so he can nab the Utah DC.....I'm SURE of it........./sarcasm