Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

rest easy brother 

Reveal hidden contents

A few notes to pass along...

a. I spoke with a TV executive today with some insight into Urban Meyer's situation from a Fox perspective. Basically, it's the same information that everyone already knows, which is that the ball is in Urban Meyer's court and that it will simply come down to how Meyer's family feels about the idea of him taking another job that potentially puts his health at risk. Per this source...

1. Urban hasn't told Fox anything yet.
2. If any job is ever going to tempt Meyer back into coaching, it'll be Texas. I was told his interest is significant and that those in the TV industry have known that this was a possibility for months.

b. We mentioned yesterday that there was scuttlebutt of Meyer looking for a deal worth more than the one that Jimbo Fisher signed at Texas A&M. Although we haven't locked down the years attached to the offer, there were whispers of an offer of $12 million per year is in Urban's hands. Again, we're trying to lock down specifics before "officially" reporting it, but in the name of sharing the whispers that we're hearing.... there ya go.

I asked one high-level Texas administrator tonight about the number and I was told that the number was shocking and was met with a huge amount of disbelief.

In talking to Texas administrators prior to this week, there's no doubt in my mind that a 10 year contract would normally be a non-starter for those in charge of approving contracts, so it's possible that the $12 million per year number (which is nearly $3 million more than Nick Saban is making this year at Alabama), is an attempted middle ground in terms of building a total compensation package that ticks all the boxes for Meyer without causing Texas officials to make a deal they have reservations about.

c. On the whole, I've never seen such internal discipline from the Texas side of things as I have in the last week or so with regards to anything involving Meyer. Hell, it's possible that the administrator I communicated with tonight is part of the "Lips Are Sealed" Club and those involved simply aren't going to do anything that so much as threatens this deal by a hair.

d. For all of the talk about BMDs and cooks in the kitchen, the sense I get is that Chris Del Conte is very much steering the ship. One person I spoke with earlier today said that it's not quite like Steve Patterson shutting everyone out except his inner circle of one back in 2013, but it's less of a joint affair as the pursuit of Tom Herman proved to be.

God I’m simping so hard for CUM info that I nearly paid 9.95 to that Twinkie tiddy mother fucker

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Look, if a serious offer north of 10 million per year has been offered for at least five years, and Urban is considering it, then it's a done deal. he will talk to his family about health issues, but if he and wife are that concerned about how all of this will affect his family then 60M plus will solve that equation. Put in a clause about health, have a doc at his side if desired, and put 60M into his kids' bank accounts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So what have we learned we need to know about in Shag/Surly coaching searches:

Flightware

Burgers and condiments

Austin Real estate brokers and who they are fucking

Who the coach is fucking

Who the coach is fucking on the side

the twitters

Ketch is a fat piece of shit

Nicole divorced a former Surlyster and got the website rites in the custody agreement

How to set up the interior of a private jet

bourbon/whiskey/whisky/firewater

And it’s only Tuesday 

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If we’re not offering at least 10 then there is no chance we’re pulling Urban out of retirement. It’s going to take more than just being the highest paid - we need to blow his fucking socks off. 

I agree it has to be 10M.  the base could be 10 with big kickers bringing it to 14M.  I could see that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I am very amused at the prospect of Ketch and Friends trying to peddle inside info in a Meyer administration. “Who are you again?”

So how do we get a Surly insider tied to the CUM team? There has to be a way to backdoor surl into all of this...

So this may be stupid and futile, but hey that is straight up in our wheelhouse, but how do we go about getting a press pass for surly? There has got to be one of you fucks that could go to the press conferences and ask real questions...

Would kill to have blacklab get in some questions to fuckstick herman before he goes....

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m not from the future, that’s impossible. it’s a character from a movie. how old are you?

Can confirm. The only thing about the future he knows is he'll have his fist elbow deep in his ass by mid next week. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TexasEx said:

Can confirm. The only thing about the future he knows is he'll have his fist elbow deep in his ass by mid next week. 

that’s undisputed.  you and everyone else on surly won’t be seeing it, though.  because at about that time we’ll be throwing offers at james franklin. 

• Fuck You 1

49 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I am very amused at the prospect of Ketch and Friends trying to peddle inside info in a Meyer administration. “Who are you again?”

Ketch: Let me introduce myself

spacer.png

Edited by Victor Lazlo
God Dammit, Bachelor beat me by 30 fucking minutes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It's a win-win. He primary market is poor hipster millennials and not cash in hand sports fans. So losing credibility to a bunch of football fans is not a great concern. Also, his story spawned at least a dozen articles from high authority sites and hundreds of social media interactions. Ultimately he's seeing an immediate surge in site traffic just from link traffic plus there will be residual benefit in the form of organic traffic from increased search rankings for future articles.
The backlinks from those sites are north of $5,000 each depending on traffic and authority. Technically you're not allowed to sell links but it happens all the time.
If you want to get ahead, sometimes you just need to tell people want they want to here.
Fat Ketch, Chip Brown and countless others have made careers out of being giant fucktards. Anyone who thinks this guy wouldnt put his credibility on the line should paypal my $9.95 immediately...the rest of what I have to say is behind a paywall.

4 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Nothing new. Just a guy guessing.

Thanks for posting. Not shooting the messenger, but that's a VIP Update? Holy shit. Why is anyone giving this asshat even a fucking nickel? There's more real info in the last page or two of this crazy ass fun as shit thread.

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So, Kendra Scott’s estranged husband is loaning his plane out to help get Urban and BMD’s shuttled around LA, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Columbus to get this deal done so that he can eff over Herman for screwing his wife? Awesome plot twist.

Matt Davis doesn't get mad. He gets even.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic