Sign in to follow this  
SubliminalHorn

Parasite

I just saw it.  It was good.  Weird but good in a holy shit kind of way.  Still not sure what I think of it.  

Edit to add: not sure what else to say without spoilers.  It sorta defies typical descriptions with a weird mix of horror and dark comedy.

Edited by lemonlime

Saw it a few days ago. 

Excellent film. It has that mix of tension,  drama, random violence and comedy that I associate with South Korean films

Very enjoyable.

Took my kid to see it last weekend at the Ritz - loved it. Not what I was expecting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 11/1/2019 at 11:21 AM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Going to see it tonight at Nitehawk. I know nothing about it other than my friends loved it and it’s getting great reviews.

Update: best movie I’ve seen this year. Go see it

I saw it back in September at a Film Festival. Really enjoyed it, it's quite a ride. I wouldn't call it "best of the year" as someone mentioned above, but it is definitely worth watching.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

saw it last weekend and thought it was great.  maybe not the best movie of the year, but will probably end up in my top 5 by year's end.   i think part of it for me may be that i knew almost nothing about it going in (sort of half watched a trailer) and had no expectations.  definitely worth seeing at the theater.  

Acting was top notch. Directing was top notch. It just fell a little short in the story, at least how it wrapped up. Just a little, nothing major.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:11 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Jessica has my yellow fever spiking

Agreed. She's not classically beautiful but her character is appealing.

It's really good.  People might think this movie might be too different because it's Korean, but they have probably the second best film industry right now.

Saw it with a nouveau riche friend of mine, whose reaction was "I didn't like it because those nice rich people didn't deserve anything that happened." Money truly rewires the brain. 

20 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Saw it with a nouveau riche friend of mine, whose reaction was "I didn't like it because those nice rich people didn't deserve anything that happened." Money truly rewires the brain. 

They didn't.  Nothing in the story would indicate that.  Wealth is not guilt.  

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

Do you think that what the director wanted the audience to take away from the film is that the wealthy family deserves what happens? I certainly don't. 

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

My favorite movie is Starship Troopers because it just shows how badass war and being in the army and government is. I also love Goodfellas and Wolf of Wall Street because the guys in those movies are fucking cool and the point of the movies is how awesome those guys are. Fuck I love understanding movies.