Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

18 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Do the group 1 people get to take off sooner? 

No, but there is room for their carry-on bags. 

20 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Do the group 1 people get to take off sooner? 

They’re usually at the front of the plane, so yes, they generally take off slightly before the people in the very rear of the aircraft. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Wish I could fart on command. Because I would totally crop dust the people in 1st class. 

We asked the attendant to draw the curtain and keep you out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

That is the subtlest of subtlest humblebrags. Bravo nnm. 

Ha. Those days are gone. I had a 25-year career in the energy industry. Almost always sat in the front of the plane. Now I have a semi-retirement gig with a non-profit and I sit in the back. 

Having lunch in Norman OK, and there’s a big table next to me full of loud people.

they’re trying to introduce someone not from Oklahoma to country music.  One guy says “always listen to George Strait or Clint black.  They’re the only ones that are good and they’re virtually indistinguishable.”

Now I’m having an existential crisis.  All my education, hard work and discipline have brought me to this point where I’m in Norman Oklahoma listen to this nonsense.  Mistakes were made.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Having lunch in Norman OK, and there’s a big table next to me full of loud people.

they’re trying to introduce someone not from Oklahoma to country music.  One guy says “always listen to George Strait or Clint black.  They’re the only ones that are good and they’re virtually indistinguishable.”

Now I’m having an existential crisis.  All my education, hard work and discipline have brought me to this point where I’m in Norman Oklahoma listen to this nonsense.  Mistakes were made.

Easy, you need to offer to buy them a round of drinks, then walk up to the waitress and tell her numbnuts over there who doesn't know country music has offered to pick up your tab, then grab a few candy bars and a newspaper and walk out the door.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Easy, you need to offer to buy them a round of drinks, then walk up to the waitress and tell her numbnuts over there who doesn't know country music has offered to pick up your tab, then grab a few candy bars and a newspaper and walk out the door.

Well uh, Seabass and the Sooner boys offered to pick up our check and Bob over there will take this here box of dildos.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

Another entry in the "annoyances that develop as you get older" dept.

Had a great short trip out to Sonoma this past Thu-Sun. Just 3 nights spent living on Pacific Time has totally screwed up my sleep schedule the past 3 nights. I'm talking not even getting remotely sleepy until after midnight, waking up groggy damn near 8:00 in the morning feeling like I could instantly fall back asleep for 2 more hours. 

I don't recall any kind of issues following a time change for longer than maybe 1 night as a younger man. At this age, feels like I need a full week or so to adjust every March and November for DST.

Edited by Storm the Field

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Another entry in the "annoyances that develop as you get older" dept.

Had a great short trip out to Sonoma this past Thu-Sun. Just 3 nights spent living on Pacific Time has totally screwed up my sleep schedule the past 3 nights. I'm talking not even getting remotely sleepy until after midnight, waking up groggy damn near 8:00 in the morning feeling like I could instantly fall back asleep for 2 more hours. 

I don't recall any kind of issues following a time change for longer than maybe 1 night as a younger man. At this age, feels like I need a full week or so to adjust every March and November for DST.

See, this is not a problem when one NEVER sleeps well, regardless of travel or time zone. 
Insomnia thread is that way—->