Wally Fairway

2020 Celebrity Death Pool

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Dont worry, kids are bringing it back.

And you're entitled to your opinion. I just think you'd be hard pressed to find many people that would agree with you. I'm not sure he cracks my top 5 of white blues guitarists - especially since his most notable work came with a group that I would hardly consider blues. 

16 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm coming to the opinion that Green can be the best white blues guitarist outside of Texas.

Ha!  With his debut in '83 and subsequent years until his death, SRV's greatness was magnified by the state of music at the time.  The world was knee deep in the MTV 80's age.....synthetic, full of image.....not a lot of heart and soul.  So, when this Texas guy shows up playing accessible blues and featuring great guitar playing, he, practically, stood alone.  Hell, he did stand alone.

As great as Peter Green was, he had incredible contemporaries around him.....Hendrix, Lee, Beck, Page, Clapton, Bloomfield, Allman, Gibbons, Taylor, etc. ever boosting the argument of his greatness. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He was 25 14 when he was in The Thing.

Fify. 

And this made me laugh the other day. 

I wonder what this means for the Brimley/Cocoon line Twitter account, which blows my mind a couple times a month. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Posted (edited)

Former DJ Bill Mack died of the Corona. I remember listening to him when I was a little kid on his overnight Country Roads Show. WBAP is a clear channel 50,000 watt blowtorch and you could pick him up almost anywhere in the US at night. Wrote LeAnn Rimes first hit "Blue". 

bill-mack-dmn-awards.jpg?w=600

Edited by RPM

On 8/2/2020 at 7:56 AM, Stella Link said:

85??  I thought he was 85 thirty years ago....RIP

I thought he croaked at least 15 years ago.

7 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Regardless, his mustache will continue its film/acting career under the screen name of Sam Elliot. 

It's also doing political work for John Bolton.