Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lets see....DIS reported revenue of $11.8 billion (down from $20.2 billion last year) and a net loss of $4.7 billion (compared to a profit of $2 billion last year). Checks after hours pricing and just as expected......DIS is up slightly. Should have known better than to bet against the mouse. Still have until mid Sept, but  how about those $85 puts I own......

43f.gif

Lulz, market is so fucktarded right now. 

Yup.... I have some $115 puts that expire in mid-September.  Nevermind the fact they went way past the $0.65/share loss!  To $120 and beyond!  

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lets see....DIS reported revenue of $11.8 billion (down from $20.2 billion last year) and a net loss of $4.7 billion (compared to a profit of $2 billion last year). Checks after hours pricing and just as expected......DIS is up slightly. Should have known better than to bet against the mouse. Still have until mid Sept, but  how about those $85 puts I own......

Lulz, market is so fucktarded right now. 

Good luck swimming up stream - I closed out my $110 DIS puts and took my loss.

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Good luck swimming up stream - I closed out my $110 DIS puts and took my loss.

I mentally wrote those off weeks ago, but was hoping that I could eek some value out of them immediately after this earnings report...they were already down 80%. On the plus side I picked up some NKLA $36 puts this afternoon, and it seems to be shitting bed this evening. Will try and dump those right at market open. 

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

I mentally wrote those off weeks ago, but was hoping that I could eek some value out of them immediately after this earnings report...they were already down 80%. On the plus side I picked up some NKLA $36 puts this afternoon, and it seems to be shitting bed this evening. Will try and dump those right at market open. 

Keep on stonking it up

Stonk It - Stonks Meme Generator - Apps on Google Play

20 hours ago, Blotto said:

Sold out of my shares in Varonis this morning as they had a nice hit on earnings and my entry point was $57 (been holding for awhile). OSS is the stonk I bought today. They are releasing earnings today, but thats not why I bought. They are an edge computing hardware company that seems to get a fair amount of revenue from the military. Figure that is one segment where spending will continue. Revenue has roughly doubled in the last two years to $60 million, hovering on profitability and zero long term debt. Figured it was worth a stab, so I bought in at $2.40. (market cap $40 mil)

Lulz just in the time it took me to write this post, the stock spiked a bit.... and I have no idea why, just a stonk I have been following for a few weeks and bought once I unloaded my VRNS). Could easily tank after earnings, I have no feel there.

Edited to add, apparently they issued some debt ($3 million) in April since their last report, so they do have some debt. 

Second Edit - earnings Thursday, not today. Saw some erroneous info earlier. Derp!

image.png.de8c76bb18ed1b473057d88c2c0441af.png

I’ve owned this one for a couple years. Still think it’s undervalued. P/S<1. Has the “A.I.” tag on it. New CEO. Remains to be seen. Small amount here. It’s almost always pumps before earnings then dumps. Just a heads up. 

21 hours ago, Blotto said:

OSS is the stonk I bought today. They are releasing earnings today, but thats not why I bought. They are an edge computing hardware company that seems to get a fair amount of revenue from the military. Figure that is one segment where spending will continue. Revenue has roughly doubled in the last two years to $60 million, hovering on profitability and zero long term debt. Figured it was worth a stab, so I bought in at $2.40. (market cap $40 mil)

I'm always looking at #stonk recommendations, but disappointed when I see this

Options Chain is not available for OSS.

I will have to buy actual common shares, not nearly as #stonky of an investment

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

A stink that appears to be soil g better? Sign me up!

I did not have a stroke while typing that.  I think.  My iphone seems to have gotten much worse at 'correcting' my typing lately.  

What I meant to say:

Don’t know if this is a stonk, but went to look up who made the ED drug that popped up in the Covid thread, and I don’t even know if this is the actual company but they seem to be doing better since the news article this week

https://yhoo.it/39XDktS

Thought I posted this here..but was in markets falling thread...

Dropping in here since tomorrow is deadline for entry.

Reminder for this who registered for Stonklympics 2020. Payment info for entry fee is in the gambling thread. Have room for a few more too.

Looked at some banking, airline and cruise stocks this am...I might grab a small play in LUV and RCL again.

Edited by Tailgate

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Clearly I do not own whatever is driving today's positive market trend...

Feb - March was my high water mark for trading. July has been my low water mark.  I hate everything, and everything I touch turns to shit. Fuck you JPOW you garbage piece of shit.