wild_turkey

COVID-19 medical discussion

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

It seems like y'all are talking about the commentary not the paper. The paper is interesting.

The text I quoted is in the abstract of the paper. 

Potentially of interest Bevo... a peer-reviewed manuscript that gets into the mechanics of how a natural origin is compatible with some of the observations of the paper being cited by ZH.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00705-020-04750-z?

A palindromic RNA sequence as a common breakpoint contributor to copy-choice recombination in SARS-COV-2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The text I quoted is in the abstract of the paper. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The natural origin theory, although widely accepted, lacks substantial support. The alternative theory that t he virus may have come from a research laboratory is, however, strictly censored on peer-reviewed scientific journals.

It may be true but it is a dumb thing to say if you are trying to get published. Technically, the data looks pretty sound although, I would have to give it a lot of thought to determine if her conclusions are correct.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It may be true but it is a dumb thing to say if you are trying to get published. Technically, the data looks pretty sound although, I would have to give it a lot of thought to determine if her conclusions are correct.

I honestly tried to give the paper another shot, but I couldn't make it past this without tuning out again...

Screenshot-2020-09-15-165217.jpg

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Scientists have discovered limitless renewable energy, but the Globalists don't want you to know about it!  Watch our video to find out more!"

The internet is a chocolate fountain of bullshit.

Well, the idea that limitless cheap energy exists is a sucker concept that only California would buy.  But the idea that this virus is created, which is well within China's power, is not farfetched at all.  I don't know if they did or not, and my guess is that if they did, it was an accidental release as opposed to purposeful.  I'm not sure why the proposition that China engineered the virus has become political, but I stay off the hellhole that is the politics board, so I won't post here on the subject again. I find it to be a very interesting topic.

5 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

I don't know if they did or not, and my guess is that if they did, it was an accidental release as opposed to purposeful.

I agree with this.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I agree with this.  

Yeah, I am not into conspiracy theories. But, I think China should be held responsible if the lab did accidentally release it - especially if it was engineered to any extent. It won't happen, though unless you consider a sternly worded letter as China being held responsible. Plus, it would be a complete shit-show.

17 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/rogue-chinese-virologist-joins-twitter-publishes-evidence-covid-19-created-lab

The receptor-binding motif of SARS-CoV-2 Spike cannot be born from nature and should have been created through genetic engineering.

15 hours ago, Bevo said:

That is an interesting paper.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bannon-linked-groups-push-study-claiming-china-manufactured-covid?ref=home?ref=home

"The study is the work of the Rule of Law Society and the Rule of Law Foundation, sister nonprofit organizations that Bannon was instrumental in creating. According to documents posted on the Society’s website last year, he served as that group’s chair."

Idk about y'all, but it trips my bullshit meter

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bannon-linked-groups-push-study-claiming-china-manufactured-covid?ref=home?ref=home
"The study is the work of the Rule of Law Society and the Rule of Law Foundation, sister nonprofit organizations that Bannon was instrumental in creating. According to documents posted on the Society’s website last year, he served as that group’s chair."
Idk about y'all, but it trips my bullshit meter

Trips? It blew the top right off the gauge.

Come the fuck on, people. Fuck giving shit from an avowed chaos propagandist even a millisecond of credibility.

This new-to-me news and the CV-19 virus might be equally organic, yet today’s date infers otherwise, IMO. I suspect there’s something there, there. Whether truth is ultimately involved may or may not play a role. I don’t know.  If you do know, enjoy today. Answers will inevitably become more complicated to share with others.

There are vacuums, there are coincidences, and there’s other stuff. Mostly, there’s other stuff.