Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
RowdyVic

Its happening

Posted (edited)

So for this side, they’re building over sections 1 and 32 instead of demolishing them like they did for the other side?

how neyland of them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Is there a to scale overhead view so we can tell how many of the lower seats in Section 1 are going to be facing a new concrete wall?

I had that same question. Can’t believe we’re spending $200m and intentionally creating obstructed views. 

We have made plenty of fun of aggy Kroger/pyle Field for a similar clownshow in the corners.

Am I missing something? The concrete wall is in the opposite direction of the field. 

Yeah, I don't think there are going to be any obstructed views of the playing field.

DKR South Endzone

Posted (edited)

Based on the renders there shouldn’t be, except to the video screen. It would seem there will be some work in sections 1 and 32 after the SEZ structure is in place

Edited by taybo20

Posted (edited)

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board. That’s why I was wondering if we could see an overhead view.

edited to add: I hope so, taybo. FWIW, my seats are on row 60+, adjacent to Section 2 

Edited by Armybrat

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board.

giphy.gif

Edited by Pasken

Well, that’s what it looks like in the rendering above. Not to mention my SIL who sits down there is 4’10”.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board. That’s why I was wondering if we could see an overhead view.

edited to add: I hope so, taybo. FWIW, my seats are on row 60+, adjacent to Section 2 

You’re supposed to watch the game, not Bevo. If you need to see Bevo, the Videoboard, and the game. Buy better seats 

Edited by Neonmoon

I do watch the entire game and can see just fine.  I was talking about the poor saps down in the corner... if they get some of their previous view blocked off. What is so hard to understand about that? If it turns out not to happen that way, then all is good.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, Neonmoon said:

You’re supposed to watch the game, not Bevo. If you need to see Bevo, the Videoboard, and the game. Buy better seats 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:12 PM, Armybrat said:

I do watch the entire game and can see just fine.  I was talking about the poor saps down in the corner... if they get some of their previous view blocked off. What is so hard to understand about that? If it turns out not to happen that way, then all is good.

There are also many breaks in the game to enjoy looking at other aspects of actually going to the game in person, like bevo and the cannon.

the seating design even in those sections past the end zone is relatively parallel to the sideline, and the risers are concrete. 

so you can’t exactly angle the bleachers to actually face the field, which means those close to the new wall will be facing the wall and turning their head/body to see the field. 

or is there some plan to change the seat angle in those sections via retrofitting?

6 hours ago, cdain3 said:

They're finally working on the second tower.99f1a73e65b7db05686c9f58b00d969f.jpg

The '22 bama game is going to be fun. 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:05 PM, Somnio said:

Yeah, I don't think there are going to be any obstructed views of the playing field.

DKR South Endzone

We got terracing